Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @ColbyLang That setup could put a hurt on you!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    ColbyLang said:

18 bottles. Buffet style 
    Smart individual reached for the Old Carter!  :D
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    ColbyLang said:

18 bottles. Buffet style 
    Smart individual reached for the Old Carter!  :D
    The new small batch 2. It’s phenomenal. We drank half of the bottle last night. He got it yesterday 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I have to admit these are pretty tasty.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColbyLang said:

18 bottles. Buffet style 
    Great looking spread. Is that a Russels 13?  Which Stellum and what did you think?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    Good eye on the Russel’s 13. Yes, true Unicorn urine. It’s phenomenal. The Stellum is this one. Also a solid solid pour…

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    WeberWho said:
    I have to admit these are pretty tasty.

used to buy a keg every year for ice out fishing, it never lasted long
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • saluki2007
    ColbyLang said:
    Good eye on the Russel’s 13. Yes, true Unicorn urine. It’s phenomenal. The Stellum is this one. Also a solid solid pour…

Was the Russel's this year's batch or the last one?  I have not tried any of the Stellum products but they do stare at me hard every time I'm in the store.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    Russel’s was last years. He got three bottles. This years have hidden from our area thus far. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    ColbyLang said:

18 bottles. Buffet style 
    I know folks are appreciating the many top shelf selections here, but it also looks like some quality protein was shared.  I just wanted to make a note of that ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:

18 bottles. Buffet style 
    I know folks are appreciating the many top shelf selections here, but it also looks like some quality protein was shared.  I just wanted to make a note of that ;)
    True man night. Pork chops, various links of sausage and boudin. Zero vegetables. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

18 bottles. Buffet style 
    True man night. Pork chops, various links of sausage and boudin. Zero vegetables. 
    I like the way you roll man.
  • Vacation officially started. Bourbon slushie with a float of Jameson orange. It’s really good and I need to stop at this one. Tropical drink pics over the next week when we hit the Caribbean tomorrow. 

Nice!  Where are you headed in the Caribbean?

Arrived in Aruba this afternoon
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    ColbyLang said:

Stellum has made a huge push in our market.  I haven’t tried yet but a buddy of mine loves it.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:

Was the Russel's this year's batch or the last one?  I have not tried any of the Stellum products but they do stare at me hard every time I'm in the store.
    I hadn’t heard of Stellum.  Sounds interesting:

• saluki2007
    ColbyLang said:

I hadn’t heard of Stellum.  Sounds interesting:

It’s blended by the same group that blends the Barrell Craft Spirts. This is their more “affordable” line. These I think are supposed to start around $45 where as the Barrell line starts around $90 and goes way up. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Aruba duty free leaving the airport didn’t have much, some Old No7, Gentleman Jack, white label, etc. 

The hotel gift shop, some great stuff, Jack Single Barrel, Michters bourbon and rye. I’ll pick up some Aruban rum before we come home. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Nothing yet

Purchased this book on prime day.  I haven’t looked at it in details yet but I already like that the first cocktail is an Old Fashioned and measurements to make syrups, etc are in grams but recipes for cocktails are in Oz, that’s pretty much how us Canadians are measuring things. 🤣😂

@paqman - interesting that their recipe for honey syrup calls for a 3:1 ratio with water, by volume.  I’ve always gone 1:1, essentially like simple syrup but made with honey instead of sugar.

Can you post their recipe for a Gold Rush?  I’d be curious to see how much honey syrup it calls for given their recipe.
  • paqman
    @JohnInCarolina I haven’t seen a Gold Rush recipe 😳

That being said, Gold Rish has been my cocktail of choice recently and that’s the ratio that I have settled on (3:1 Honey to water by volume).

2 oz Bourbon
    3/4 oz honey syrup 
    3/4 oz lemon juice

paqman said:
    @JohnInCarolina I haven’t seen a Gold Rush recipe 😳

That being said, Gold Rish has been my cocktail of choice recently and that’s the ratio that I have settled on (3:1 Honey to water by volume).

2 oz Bourbon
    3/4 oz honey syrup 
    3/4 oz lemon juice
    Mine is 2 parts bourbon, 1 part honey syrup, 1 part lemon juice.  But my honey syrup is equal parts water and honey, so overall my recipe is probably quite a bit less sweet than yours.  Interesting.
  • paqman

SWMBO is drinking a North Cove (not from the book):
    ¾ oz Amaretto
    ½ oz Grand Marnier
    ½ oz Campari
    ¾ oz Jus de lime
    1 dash Angostura

I am drinking a double Gold Rush.  The bourbon in mine is Old Grand-Dad.  It is not commonly available here in the GWN, it was cheap ($), and it has excellent reviews.  I haven’t tasted it neat yet but it is good in the cocktail, I’ll probably get a few more bottles.

paqman said:

SWMBO is drinking a North Cove (not from the book):
    ¾ oz Amaretto
    ½ oz Grand Marnier
    ½ oz Campari
    ¾ oz Jus de lime
    1 dash Angostura

I am drinking a double Gold Rush.  The bourbon in mine is Old Grand-Dad.  It is not commonly available here in the GWN, it was cheap ($), and it has excellent reviews.  I haven’t tasted it neat yet but it is good in the cocktail, I’ll probably get a few more bottles.

One of the Best Buy’s in all the bourbon industry. They could pour the same stuff in another bottle and charge 40-50 bucks more and people would pay it. 
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Saz old fashioned really hits the spot for me. And the price point is very appealing compared to some of the other flavors. 
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039

Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • JohnInCarolina
    MotownVol said:

All three at once?  😉
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    MotownVol said:

All three at once?  😉