Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I follow Breaking Bourbon for upcoming releases and some general info. I follow a few whiskey tubes on YouTube. 

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/
    Yup enjoy that site as well.  As far as youtube my favorites are The Bourbon Junkies and ADHD Whiskey. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Bought a bottle of Flat Boat as a mixer. Not too bad
  • jadams03
    jadams03 Posts: 45
    jadams03 said:
    @JohnfromKentucky you asked about the Ky Owl St Pat's edition.  I think it's enjoyable- easy to drink with good fruit forward flavor and caramel. Good bottle when I'm not looking for a "beast mode" bourbon. I do have a bottle of the KY Owl rye (bought before the prices became unpalatable) and that is a completely different animal- much bigger, more complex, longer, etc.  I've enjoyed this St Pat's edition and at a reasonable price point (bought this on a markdown) I've been pleased with it.  At the $135 MSRP I'm letting someone else enjoy it!

I agree that the owl rye is exponentially better than either the st pats or wiseman offerings. I personally would not pay for the wiseman or st pats. They others are definitely overpriced but are at least good to great whiskey. The others aren’t very good at all and are still fairly pricey. 

The bourbons are pretty good but not as good as the rye. The wiseman is a hard pass and the st pats is acceptable at about $35. 
    Agree! Personally, I've enjoyed the St Pats- but I don't plan on buying another bottle, the asking price is way too high..  And 100% on the Wiseman- not a lot of flavor, light, short, don't waste your money on that offering.
    Large BGE--Louisville KY

"May I be worthy of my meat." Wendell Berry
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    jadams03 said:
    jadams03 said:
    @JohnfromKentucky you asked about the Ky Owl St Pat's edition.  I think it's enjoyable- easy to drink with good fruit forward flavor and caramel. Good bottle when I'm not looking for a "beast mode" bourbon. I do have a bottle of the KY Owl rye (bought before the prices became unpalatable) and that is a completely different animal- much bigger, more complex, longer, etc.  I've enjoyed this St Pat's edition and at a reasonable price point (bought this on a markdown) I've been pleased with it.  At the $135 MSRP I'm letting someone else enjoy it!

I agree that the owl rye is exponentially better than either the st pats or wiseman offerings. I personally would not pay for the wiseman or st pats. They others are definitely overpriced but are at least good to great whiskey. The others aren’t very good at all and are still fairly pricey. 

The bourbons are pretty good but not as good as the rye. The wiseman is a hard pass and the st pats is acceptable at about $35. 
    Agree! Personally, I've enjoyed the St Pats- but I don't plan on buying another bottle, the asking price is way too high..  And 100% on the Wiseman- not a lot of flavor, light, short, don't waste your money on that offering.
    Well, they can’t all be winners. Also these things are subjective. Plenty good for cocktails anyway. Just didn’t measure up for me compared to some of the others. Of course, some of the others are ridiculously priced. 😳
  • I follow Breaking Bourbon for upcoming releases and some general info. I follow a few whiskey tubes on YouTube. 

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/
    Yup enjoy that site as well.  As far as youtube my favorites are The Bourbon Junkies and ADHD Whiskey. 
    I follow them both. A few of my mine are It’s Bourbon Night, Whiskey Row, and Whiskey Mountains
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Vinho do Porto (Port wine) with cheese by the pool yesterday afternoon 

Two onces Whistle Pig, one once fresh squeezed mandarin orange juice, one once simple syrup and three dishes bitters.....delicious 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Acn said:

I’ve had that - very good IPA.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Legs get a little loose on the 4th
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    MasterC said:
    Legs get a little loose on the 4th
    Careful, they go down easy…..the headache the next morning ain’t worth all of the simple syrup
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Definitely smooth
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • saluki2007
    I like this beer, and the label and name are cool. Makes me feel a little like a metal head that I was (or thought I was) in the 80s. At least we’re not stealing cigarettes from my friends mom anymore. 

When I used to drink a lot of IPAs the Voodoo Ranger series was always a go to.  Never had a bad one.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ThrasherIII
    ThrasherIII Posts: 252
    I like this beer, and the label and name are cool. Makes me feel a little like a metal head that I was (or thought I was) in the 80s. At least we’re not stealing cigarettes from my friends mom anymore. 

When I used to drink a lot of IPAs the Voodoo Ranger series was always a go to.  Never had a bad one.
    The juice force hazy IPA is another good one by new belgium. It’s 9.7abv ?
  • ThrasherIII

I’ll correct that to 9.5abv
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Boom in hand!  Only $49.99 instead of the $59.99. Plus a bonus find. 

I’m a huge fan of the Kentucky spirit along with the rare breed and single barrel. Just great stuff IMO. 

The Weller 12 needs no Encouraging. 👍🏻
  • saluki2007

I’m a huge fan of the Kentucky spirit along with the rare breed and single barrel. Just great stuff IMO. 

The Weller 12 needs no Encouraging. 👍🏻
    I just started on the rare breed bandwagon but love it as well so excited to try this one. Was surprised to see it a couple bucks cheaper than the rare breed. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    edited July 2022

Juice force is my current favorite beer. 

Edit picture at top because vanilla.
  • Boom in hand!  Only $49.99 instead of the $59.99. Plus a bonus find. 

Hey...there's more salt to rub in the wound over here.... :s:smile:
    I'm SOOO jealous.

So I'm having this tonight

• saluki2007

Hey...there's more salt to rub in the wound over here.... :s:smile:
    I'm SOOO jealous.

So I'm having this tonight

Nothing wrong with that.  I could drink that all day.  I'm glad they have finally been able to grow and branch out.  It wasn't until about 2 years ago the only place I could buy 3F was in Chicago and I'm only about 150 miles from the brewery/downtown Chicago.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ThrasherIII
    U_tarded said:

Juice force is my current favorite beer. 

Edit picture at top because vanilla.
    Mine too, just not going to drink many in one hot afternoon. 😁
  • Vacation officially started. Bourbon slushie with a float of Jameson orange. It’s really good and I need to stop at this one. Tropical drink pics over the next week when we hit the Caribbean tomorrow. 

Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Vacation officially started. Bourbon slushie with a float of Jameson orange. It’s really good and I need to stop at this one. Tropical drink pics over the next week when we hit the Caribbean tomorrow. 

Nice!  Where are you headed in the Caribbean?