Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    @CPFC1905

Nice cook! Why is 1.25lbs the optimum weight?

Cuz that's what he had is my guess.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    @CPFC1905

Nice cook! Why is 1.25lbs the optimum weight?

Cuz that's what he had is my guess.
    I’m just trying to coax out some creative prose. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That’s some top shelf unnecessary word trolling there especially on this of all days.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    @CPFC1905 that is bringing the heat.  But a question, given you are rolling at that temp, why mess with the plancha, just toss it on the rolling lava.
    That crust is the reason to go with the high heat finish.
    Nailed that cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    I was thinking that a summer football transfer update was in order @CPFC1905.

Is Ronaldo really leaving?  Would Pulisic leaving Chelsea be a sign that the wheels really have come off?  And I haven't read anything in the US press about poor Stoke - are they buying any players to improve?  Etc.

Of course, that would mean that I'd have to get caught up on over 500 posts on the WAYDRN thread that I've been to busy to read...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Foghorn said:
    I was thinking that a summer football transfer update was in order @CPFC1905.

Is Ronaldo really leaving?  Would Pulisic leaving Chelsea be a sign that the wheels really have come off?  And I haven't read anything in the US press about poor Stoke - are they buying any players to improve?  Etc.

Of course, that would mean that I'd have to get caught up on over 500 posts on the WAYDRN thread that I've been to busy to read...
    I have maintained a diplomatic silence, distracted by Prime Ministerial antics mainly.  
    Ronaldo is certainly off,  he'll go anywhere for Champions League but is regarded as an albatross around the neck of Man Utd.  
    Not much news on the Potters front, but @eoin can enlighten us further.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 253
    CPFC1905 said:
    Flat iron, 1.25 lbs of it - the optimum weight.  
    On the plancha at 400C for 4 minutes per side.  About 15 mins rest - and away we go.  
    Served with thin fries and salad - but that's just background noise.
    Oh my days!

Niiiiiiice! That's my 8 yr olds favorite cut of steak. I love a good flat iron 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    caliking said:
    Forgot the plated pic
    Don’t care if it’s hodge podge or hokey pokey, I want that plate 😋
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731

Dude...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    caliking said:
    Forgot the plated pic
    Thanks. It was delicious. Thought I would add the spinach to the congee while it cooked in the IP, instead of as a topping. The chix cracklins were overseasoned, but damn tasty after mixing them in.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Forgot the plated pic
    Thanks. It was delicious. Thought I would add the spinach to the congee while it cooked in the IP, instead of as a topping. The chix cracklins were overseasoned, but damn tasty after mixing them in.

YOU over season?  Pish  posh
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    ColtsFan said:
    Bacon smash burgers tonight with grilled halloumi cheese

Strong plate there, well done!  Extra points awarded for the inclusion of halloumi.  
    I have never met a person who has said 'Halloumi, tried it once and haven't eaten it again' 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 934
    edited July 2022

shtgunal3 said:

Meatballs for sub sandwiches on the mini.

You missed an opportunity there. You had space for one more meatball, for a baker's dozen. The bakers in the past didn't make up the bakers dozen on a whim, there were thinking of the future smoked meatball people. I can't believe you let them down for one ball like that. The bakers of the past shun you, but they also say you made twelve delicious looking balls,.

You were one off ... Not bad

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Nice grill pattern on that dog before it got smothered.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    SonVolt said:
    Some monster tri-trip yesterday afternoon. Probably the biggest tri-tip I've ever come across so far. With Jalapeno beef smokes sausages. Both cooked lazily over minimal acacia lump on the XL w/frequent butter/herb basting. 

Beautiful place, cook and cool kid!
    canuckland
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,745
    SonVolt said:
    Some monster tri-trip yesterday afternoon. Probably the biggest tri-tip I've ever come across so far. With Jalapeno beef smokes sausages. Both cooked lazily over minimal acacia lump on the XL w/frequent butter/herb basting. 
    Wow, that looks phenomenal!
    Stillwater, MN