Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Shot really well for me today (+1) in 99* heat so cooling off with a refreshing vodka drink.   Celebratory brown water will come later this evening 
    +1 is great for anyone who doesn’t make a living in golf. It’s been years since I posted a score that good. Enjoy the weekend. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    Shot really well for me today (+1) in 99* heat so cooling off with a refreshing vodka drink.   Celebratory brown water will come later this evening 

Vodka gives me the celebratory brown water too.
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    ^^^^^^. You are my hero!!!
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Bardstown Fusion 6.  

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options

Old fashioned with one of my favorite rye’s
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options

I feel privileged to have bottle 2 out of my neighbor’s barrel. It’s delicious 
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Ratio is 0.5oz syrup to 2oz bourbon. No offense to Flatboat but it’s a good way to get it down the hatch. 

• RagingIrishman
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

That’s great. Did he do the barrel pick as part of a whiskey group? 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    edited June 2022
    Options
    "feel privileged to have bottle 2 out of my neighbor’s barrel. It’s delicious"

So you're the ones. This is the couple on the other side of them, we got bottle 3 out of the barrel and  umm ... don't you think for one damned second ... that we can't tell the 
    difference, either. The only difference between us is I live on one side of their driveway, and you on the other, but YOU got the number two bottle didn't you?

You know, when you first moved in ...on the other side ..  honestly .. I took one look at your pants and I was like ... this is maybe a bottle 4 kind of guy. I can see now that you were wearing the pants of bottle 4 kind of guy, when you were really a bottle 2 kind of guy underneath, which means you've been hiding two bottles in your pants Somehow.

It's rare that I go up against someone who has more bottles in their pants than me, it's on like donkey Kong 

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

That’s great. Did he do the barrel pick as part of a whiskey group? 
    No sir, he did it as a bucket list kind of thing 
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Traveling for work.   This was from last night 
  • RagingIrishman
    Options
    Traveling for work.   This was from last night 
    Is that a whiskey drink? It looks pretty watered down in the pic.
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @RagingIrishman
    Yep, old fashioned.   Must have been the lighting because it was delicious and exactly what you would expect from an OF.
  • RagingIrishman
    Options
    The Luxardo cherry make me think it was an old fashioned. Glad it was a good cocktail. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    When my children were younger they found the jar of Luxardo cherries.  Let’s just say, kiddie cocktails were elevated to a higher level!  They are now all young adults and I’m hoping some day to be the special grandparent to introduce the finer things in life to grandchildren. 
    IL 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Bloody Caesar

Options

paqman said:
    Bloody Caesar

Gnomes only have four toes and they can somehow get by without the thong toe strap on that sandal? It defies rules of physics, basic logic, and the general tenet of gnome shoe husbandry (look it up, it's a gnome thing, apparently all gnomes think they're shoes are husbands or their husbands are shoes. Its why when you walk into a gnomes house, right at the inside of the door you'll find all the gnome shoes lined up right next to the gnome men. You'd think the beards would decide it but Norma The Magnificent,  Master Gnome of Namdor, in the very early days of Gnome-dome ..  brought out sandals made of gnome beard hair and sent them all reeling)
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    paqman said:
    Bloody Caesar

I'll never forget the first time I traveled to Calgary for work, my boss and I went to lunch and the waiter asked if we wanted Caesars.   We said sure, thinking they were salads.   That ended up being a good lunch.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    And another bottle kill.  Running out of bottles. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Road trip to reload.  Give your glass recycling a look and assess.  Also you may want to give some consideration to your restocking triggers.  All in good fun- B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @lousubcap

For me it just takes desire.   I have 4 great stores within minutes of the house.   It’s a weird game I play:   get down low then go explode the wallet  

Still have several great bottles left.   The levee hasn’t broken yet but when it does I’ll be off on a big run.   I’ll be sure to post.   Cheers all!
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Picked up my supply of the barrel pick New Riff today. My bar is “full-ish”. Need to start killing bottles to make room for all of the new soldiers that need to join the ranks