Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,271
    edited May 2022
    Options
    The Yankees kid learned what a real fan was. Not the bums who call themselves "Yankee Fans".  Hope he becomes a Blue Jays or an Expos fan instead.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,644
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac The mention of the Expos struck a chord.  In 1994 the Expos had the best record in baseball and Tony Gwynn was batting .394 when the friggin strike hit.  Saddest day I have lived thru in baseball. 
    Took 10 years for me to decide to go to a MLB game (enjoyed great minor league games) and then only because a good friend celebrated a 50th B'day with a suite at Wrigley.  
    Today's game sux-swing for the fences or strike out.  BTW from 1991-1996 Tony Gwynn (#19) struck out 19 or fewer times for each season totaling 2,944 at bats.  Last of the great hitters.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,645
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Canugghead - Only could happen in the GWN.  What a great gesture.  
    There are good and bad fans in every stadium. I often wonder if the camera crew has incredible hands eyes coordination or high tech ball tracking cameras.
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Real/Man City has been insane.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Acn said:
    Real/Man City has been insane.
    Is that some sort of Gentlemens club?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @lousubcap I miss small ball.  Put the ball in play and good things happen.  Pitching achievements were much harder pre-elevated swing era.

Is this true!?  This is unimaginable today.  Players get 19ks is a series now.

"1991-1996 Tony Gwynn (#19) struck out 19 or fewer times for each season totaling 2,944 at bats.  "

Trust but verify, averaged 21.7 strikeouts per season over his entire career!  Holy smokes.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac As you are well aware, baseball is a game of numbers and has more numbers than any other sport.  Some may be questionable but all are out there.  Here is a baseball numbers junkie source https://www.baseball-reference.com/  .  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,650
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac the shift is bringing small ball back. I primarily follow the giants and have seen them bunt a ton this year when the shift is on.  I’ve seen teams scrap the shift later in games for the same batters that bunt the first time through.  
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Legume - All in with taking advantage of the opportunity against the shift.  To think there are many who advocate outlawing that move is beyond me.  
    If you want to stack seven fielders on one side, have at it.  Just be prepared to account for that decision.  
    I am still amazed that hitters in general don't adjust for the shift.  I get the feel, stance and timing in the box but...
  • Legume
    Options
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - It is also very nice to be able to see the grass instead of snow! Sent you a PM.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Put together another dust separator and tested the saw, works great!
    Options
    what do you have there @GrateEggspectations a Star Magnolia?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,435
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @alaskanassasin

I am not sure what variety, tbh. My neighbour’s tree. I just get to enjoy the view. Sure is purty when the light strikes it just so. 

@SamIAm2

A nice change of pace, to be sure. My grass is in very poor shape, but I hope to get it up and running before too long. And will check the inbox. Thanks. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Legume - All in with taking advantage of the opportunity against the shift.  To think there are many who advocate outlawing that move is beyond me.  
    If you want to stack seven fielders on one side, have at it.  Just be prepared to account for that decision.  
    I am still amazed that hitters in general don't adjust for the shift.  I get the feel, stance and timing in the box but...
    Outlawing the shift is as foolish as batters not adjusting to it.  We don't need more rules and restrictions.

Also, what are your thoughts on the electronic pitch calls from catcher to pitcher now?
  • Legume
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Outlawing the shift is as foolish as batters not adjusting to it.  We don't need more rules and restrictions.

Also, what are your thoughts on the electronic pitch calls from catcher to pitcher now?
    Feels gimmicky and anything electronic is going to have issues, but if stealing signs and communicating the pitch to the batter is against the rules, then I’m in favor of shutting down actual cheating and the perception of cheating.  If you have rules, you have to enforce them.  

Now about Dillon Brooks…

and WTF with the Bumgarner ejection?  Can we eject umps?
    Not a felon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,442
    Options
    My Detroit Tigers are showing great promise.  Nowhere to go but up.  Last in division, last in the league.

The NL West is looking very strong with no team below 500.

Cincinnati Reds- ouch!  Are tickets free yet? 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    lousubcap said:

Feels gimmicky and anything electronic is going to have issues, but if stealing signs and communicating the pitch to the batter is against the rules, then I’m in favor of shutting down actual cheating and the perception of cheating.  If you have rules, you have to enforce them.  

Now about Dillon Brooks…

I had to check to see of that was Angel Hernandez.  What terrible calls behind the plate.  If you are gonna be bad at your job, you need thicker skin than.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,147
    Options
    Just heard this story on the local news:

https://www.wyff4.com/article/bread-machine-trapped-death-north-carolina/39914087#

Terrible.  Thought of you, @ColbyLang
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,508
    Options

https://www.wyff4.com/article/bread-machine-trapped-death-north-carolina/39914087#

Terrible for sure. Unfortunately, accidents happen. That’s why proper lock out tag out procedures are a must. Proper training on it is a must. 3/4 of our employee meetings are repetitive training procedures on employee safety. Everyone has a family they want to go home to. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2022
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Terrible for sure. Unfortunately, accidents happen. That’s why proper lock out tag out procedures are a must. Proper training on it is a must. 3/4 of our employee meetings are repetitive training procedures on employee safety. Everyone has a family they want to go home to. 
    We want you to go home to your family the same way you came in to work today.  Employee safety is first.  Everything else is second.

It is hard to get people to take that serious.  Life is full of risks, evaluate the situation, identify the risk, mitigate the risk.  Usually this means following clearly defined safety procedures.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

We want you to go home to your family the same way you came in to work today.  Employee safety is first.  Everything else is second.

It is hard to get people to take that serious.  Life is full of risks, evaluate the situation, identify the risk, mitigate the risk.  Usually this means following clearly defined safety procedures.
    Working in manufacturing for 25 years it never ceased to amaze me the way people would circumvent safety mechanisms, or blatantly ignore LOTO procedures.  Making more product faster is not worth life or limb!
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:
    lousubcap said:

Now about Dillon Brooks…

I had to check to see of that was Angel Hernandez.  What terrible calls behind the plate.  If you are gonna be bad at your job, you need thicker skin than.
    Unfortunately this appears to be fake, still funny as hell and plausible with MadBum.

Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,147
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Working in manufacturing for 25 years it never ceased to amaze me the way people would circumvent safety mechanisms, or blatantly ignore LOTO procedures.  Making more product faster is not worth life or limb!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike