Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,221
    Options
    @ColbyLang that is no bueno, hopefully you can get it fixed and up and running again soon.

@Battleborn hopefully they can identify the bodies that are starting to pop up and maybe bring some closure for families.  I wonder how many are going to start showing up?

@fishlessman did the marina bring you their okd docks?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,468
    Options
    @ColbyLang that is no bueno, hopefully you can get it fixed and up and running again soon.

@Battleborn hopefully they can identify the bodies that are starting to pop up and maybe bring some closure for families.  I wonder how many are going to start showing up?

6 hours of shoveling and one very disgruntled Waste Management driver, it’s done. I’ve been working a shovel since 4am. Needs interior detailing, but that’ll happen once we lock out tag out for the day. Swapped production over to our secondary flour bin and lost exactly zero time. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited May 2022
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Minor league baseball

@shtgunal3 - Trash Pandas?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,528
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Enjoying the last Cadbury Cream Egg of 2022.

Enjoy it,  they'll be even smaller AGAIN next year.  Still too sweet for me though.  
    Have you tried dunking it in a cup of tea?  Meh, silly question I suppose. 
    Americans dunk things in bourbon, Ed.  That’s the sort of freedom you’re entitled to when a king or a queen aren’t walking around insisting on manners and friggin tea. 
    Your kids can't have this though 😉

Somehow I think they'll survive.  It's not as though we're struggling to obtain a wide assortment of Easter candy here.  
    yeah but show me one easter egg that has a plastic dinosaur ring in it!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options

they redid about 2/3 the marina and sold the old docks to another marina. this was the gas pump dock that didnt get replaced til this spring. alot wider and more stable than the other ones they had.  i get the feeling he is getting ready to sell the place

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Enjoy it,  they'll be even smaller AGAIN next year.  Still too sweet for me though.  
    Americans dunk things in bourbon, Ed.  That’s the sort of freedom you’re entitled to when a king or a queen aren’t walking around insisting on manners and friggin tea. 

Somehow I think they'll survive.  It's not as though we're struggling to obtain a wide assortment of Easter candy here.  
    Ok (shrug).

https://www.target.com/p/blue-panda-24-pack-prefilled-easter-eggs-with-mini-dinosaur-toys-dino-egg-hunts-for-kids-birthday-party-favors-basket-filler-gifts-and-prizes/-/A-81580844
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Ok (shrug).

https://www.target.com/p/blue-panda-24-pack-prefilled-easter-eggs-with-mini-dinosaur-toys-dino-egg-hunts-for-kids-birthday-party-favors-basket-filler-gifts-and-prizes/-/A-81580844

is this a kit to dip in chocolate for easter
    fukahwee maine

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options

That’s pretty good. Got to give you that 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,695
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    shtgunal3 said:

Minor league baseball

@shtgunal3 - Trash Pandas?
    Yes sir. They lost to the Barons. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Saw this and had to share. 

Guy making pizza using volcanic vents on the Volcán De Pacaya In Guatemala.

I think it is @Ikapigian who says "learn to adjust to the temperature, because you can't always adjust the temperature"
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,080
    Options
    Thinking I should finally get around to watching the Handmaid’s Tale.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Oh my goodness.  The main character is soooo annoying.  Like seriously, aggravatingly annoying.  She was great for the first 2.5 seasons, then you just kind of hope for her character to leave the show.  So many other more interesting characters and storylines whose demise results directly from her behavior.  Aaarrggghhhhh!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Oh my goodness.  The main character is soooo annoying.  Like seriously, aggravatingly annoying.  She was great for the first 2.5 seasons, then you just kind of hope for her character to leave the show.  So many other more interesting characters and storylines whose demise results directly from her behavior.  Aaarrggghhhhh!
    Sounds like I should be thankful it’s all a dystopian nightmare with no inspiration from modern day events, huh?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Sounds like I should be thankful it’s all a dystopian nightmare with no inspiration from modern day events, huh?
    It may not be a giant leap to see how it could happen.  But I think what we have here is a life imitating art situation.  When it started it was all pretty out there.  Now, not so much.  Kind of like Idiocracy.
  • SGH
    Options

That is f’ing great by any measure 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,714
    Options
    SGH said:

That is f’ing great by any measure 👍

Rockwood has nothing on that!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Often those vents spew toxic gasses.  I wouldn’t want to be the first and last pizza maker on a new vent.
    Options
    Hanging out with this little guy 

• SGH
    Options
    Often those vents spew toxic gasses.  
    My vent is spewing a little toxic gas as we speak. That beef and beef burrito supreme is killing me. 

Status- Standing by.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,362
    Options
    Making a shopping list 👀

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    this project is done, actually its past 90 percent which is done in my book
    fukahwee maine

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,901
    Options
    Thanks @fishlessman - getting past 90% seemed a long way off when dealing with a project this large in scope. The worst part was the waiting for a contractor to be available who was willing to take on CI replacement in a concrete block house with a poured 4" concrete house pad.

Paying a plumber to push the raw sewage down the length of the internal CI pipe because as it turned out, the pipe was installed incorrectly by the no longer in business builder - almost on a level grade. Been dealing with this issue since 1989 so knew it was going to be a continual problem if it was not finally fixed.  
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    The cabin is coming along. Working on the electrics now, should all be wired up this week.

I like how it has a proper roof. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,555
    Options
    @Eoin - in addition to @JohnInCarolina 's roof assessment it looks like you have a proper place to serve any "banished" time out penalty/assignment that may be offered in the future. 
    You may want to upgrade the internal infrastructure to include self-sufficient life support systems for a period of time.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Eoin said:
    The cabin is coming along. Working on the electrics now, should all be wired up this week.

That looks amazing!  What a cool addition,.speaking of cool, is it air conditioned?
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,528
    Options

Nothing like the taste of sulfur infused pizza.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!