Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    FrostyEgg said:
    WeberWho said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    Can't stop watching youtube vids of the KBQ. I want one.

@FrostyEgg

I know a guy who has one if you want to come steal it for a few weeks and try it out.....
    Oh man, that'd be awesome to even just come check it out. I read through your thread when you found it on craigslist. No joke on quality smokers being hard to find up here.

In all seriousness, you're more than welcomed to borrow it and play around with it. If you have a truck, SUV, or van it's an easy grab. That way you can truly get an experience of how it all works. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    @kl8ton is BB getting relocated to your campground?
    No.
    We're not a petting zoo type of place. Many policies we have would conflict with some of the shenanigans I've seen. 
    😁
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Made some oat flour brownies last night.  Now I need to fatten up my
    Willing to share the recipe???  That looks outstanding!!!!
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    St Peters.  Damn.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Tough out.  That's greater NYC basketball in your face.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Made some oat flour brownies last night.  Now I need to fatten up my neighbors.
    I got fatter just looking at this

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    edited March 2022
    Hit a local brewery and food truck. Getting deep into the brown water now. Winter is back in MN. High of 32 tomorrow...ugh.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Sad day for any Foo fans. RIP Taylor Hawkins

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited March 2022
    WeberWho said:

WTF , wow, that’s a horrible, Dave will be hit hard 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    WeberWho said:

Terrible.  So sad.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Not a huge Foo Fighters fan, but did very much enjoy their music.  He was an amazing drummer, I suspect Dave might move on from Foo Fighters now.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    4 hours of much needed yardwork. Shrubbery was getting outta hand. Also purged 100’s of dollars worth of kids outside toys. Left on the curb to hopefully be rehomed. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    ColbyLang said:
    4 hours of much needed yardwork. Shrubbery was getting outta hand. Also purged 100’s of dollars worth of kids outside toys. Left on the curb to hopefully be rehomed. 
    Sounds better than watching the snow melting 

Yeah, weather here pretty darn perfect these past couple of days. Mornings in the 50’s highs in the 70’s. Golf tomorrow pending no disasters at work
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Baby back ribs smoked over orange wood. Great start to the evening. 

Orange wood sounds interesting. I’m about to throw a couple of racks on with cherry. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Yesterday, tilled the garden and planted 9 hills of cucumbers. Today, planted 9 hills of crookneck squash, 5 tomatoes, 3 bell peppers, 5 hot peppers, set cages up for the cucumbers and tomatoes. 
    Exactly how many cucumbers is a hill?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Yesterday, tilled the garden and planted 9 hills of cucumbers. Today, planted 9 hills of crookneck squash, 5 tomatoes, 3 bell peppers, 5 hot peppers, set cages up for the cucumbers and tomatoes. 
    Five seed, only need 2 each hill to survive cutworms and big footed stray dogs. Hills are about 4 feet apart.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Five seed, only need 2 each hill to survive cutworms and big footed stray dogs. Hills are about 4 feet apart.

Swmbo only eats burpless.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Double wheels on each leg? Be glad you don't have to move it to your house....or do you??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2 said:
    Double wheels on each leg? Be glad you don't have to move it to your house....or do you??
    Just have to grab some straps to tether it to the roof. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @JohnInCarolina - I was last there this past summer.  The traffic is nuts (not like India or Karachi or even LA or NYC) but much heavier than just a few years ago in my mind.  You will definitely burn the week on the go.  Above all, have fun! 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Assembling my new work burner, it arrived faster than expected!

lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - I was last there this past summer.  The traffic is nuts (not like India or Karachi or even LA or NYC) but much heavier than just a few years ago in my mind.  You will definitely burn the week on the go.  Above all, have fun! 
    I have thankfully (regretfully?) driven in and around DC multiple times over the years, Frank, so I knew what to expect.  Still pretty stressful.

We are staying at a hotel within walking distance of the Metro, so we will look to rely on that while we’re here.