Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    poster said:
    Shoveling out again. Winter is not giving up
    Here as well , had to break out a new pair of flip flops to go to work today 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    poster said:
    Shoveling out again. Winter is not giving up
    Here as well , had to break out a new pair of flip flops to go to work today 
    Ha, we need special socks where the toes are segmented like glove fingers for those
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    The flip side to record crop prices is that everything goes up, rent, inputs, equipment, land prices, fuel, seed, everything.  At some point historically the crop prices will go back down and suck again, and some guys may have over reached, and well to quote Warren Buffet, "only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked."
    no,no,no, its simple.......You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, you add water, up comes wheat
    Yeah, and baking bread is just turning on an oven. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    The flip side to record crop prices is that everything goes up, rent, inputs, equipment, land prices, fuel, seed, everything.  At some point historically the crop prices will go back down and suck again, and some guys may have over reached, and well to quote Warren Buffet, "only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked."
    no,no,no, its simple.......You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, you add water, up comes wheat

"its water flour yeast sugar salt and a bread machine".....Bloomberg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    trying to source a piece of carbon steel pipe made in usa....not happening....customer will now accept western europe....found a piece manufactured in china and another from the ukraine of all places.........stupid stupid stupid
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    trying to source a piece of carbon steel pipe made in usa....not happening....customer will now accept western europe....found a piece manufactured in china and another from the ukraine of all places.........stupid stupid stupid
    Isn't DFARS fun?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Yup. And zero human error factor
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

If you really are interested in stepping up your bread game, I recommend weighing your ingredients.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Isn't DFARS fun?
    gotta like it when its not required in the quote package but then shows up on the purchase order.

fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

If you really are interested in stepping up your bread game, I recommend weighing your ingredients.
    Flour and water metered in. Minor ingredients hand weighed. 785# dough batches. 4 an hour per line. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Indeed. Literally. 99% sure some of my employees take that term the other way too
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
     For me wheat is a pita.  First you have to plant it in the middle of fall harvest, while we were dealing with army worms, hope it makes it through winter. Good drainage in the spring, once you have a stand going you have to split fertilizer applications, fly on fungicide, scout for bugs. If all that works out and you miss mid summer T storms that can lay it flat, you get to harvest. The optimal harvest window is about 2 days or the test weight starts dropping, Then you deal with straw, whether you chop it, bale it store it, or someone else bales it takes it, that needs to happen very expeditiously in order to get your double crop beans planted. Hope you catch some late summer rains to fill those out and you might have something.
    Sounds just like a sour dough starter!

All im saying is, with goats, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, swmbo, I don't need the neighbors dropping off more things for me to feed. I will take care of bubbles, and if its too much Ill bring them back.
    I am just giving you the business, my friend ;)

Yeah yeah, send me your address, Ill mail it to you with a duck.
    As my youngest daughter once told me, if the F-word started with a D it would be a DUCK!

If you have ever raised ducks you might know why.
    Yep, one of our ducks kept laying her eggs on fire ant beds. The only way that I got a live duckling was by slipping one of the eggs in a turkey nest. I lucked out and checked the turkey as she was giving her new offspring the hairy eyeball.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Installed new drill press.  Going to get rid of my free bench top drill press.  I have a nice floor model at the other shop.  Wen, I know, cheap brand, but it has a laser and lever type speed control with a digital RPM gauge.  Supposedly equal torque across the RPM range.  We will see.ee
    Options
    Smoking my bourbon.

Oh, nice!  How do you like it?

Options
    paqman said:
    Smoking my bourbon.

It was pretty cool and worked better than expected.  I didn't trust the instructions and smoked it for about 3x as long as I should have.  It was a bit strong for my taste, but will be easy remedy next time.  Presentation is 10/10.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    paqman said:
    Smoking my bourbon.

It was pretty cool and worked better than expected.  I didn't trust the instructions and smoked it for about 3x as long as I should have.  It was a bit strong for my taste, but will be easy remedy next time.  Presentation is 10/10.
    Where did you order it from?

Ordering food and stuff for my wife's bday party.  She specifically asked I do not cook for it 😓.  She wants me to be a host and less a cook during it.  Should have around 40 people and she is stressing out a bit ... She told me she knew I was dragging my feet on getting everything ordered so we wouldn't have a choice, and I would need to be the cook. She knows I prefer cooking; less mingling and more drinking 🤣

Same issues here. Normally I get to take the more therapeutic route for our dinner parties. Occasionally, my wife steps up and suggests that I focus more on hosting the event. No worries, I'm good with that too. When these are our problems, life is really good. We are blessed. BTW - Joyeux anniversaire (to your wife).

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    paqman said:
    paqman said:
    Smoking my bourbon.

Where did you order it from?
    A friend got it for me as a gift.  It is called a "Busy Bee Cocktail Smoker".
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Ordering food and stuff for my wife's bday party.  She specifically asked I do not cook for it 😓.  She wants me to be a host and less a cook during it.  Should have around 40 people and she is stressing out a bit ... She told me she knew I was dragging my feet on getting everything ordered so we wouldn't have a choice, and I would need to be the cook. She knows I prefer cooking; less mingling and more drinking 🤣

Same issues here. Normally I get to take the more therapeutic route for our dinner parties. Occasionally, my wife steps up and suggests that I focus more on hosting the event. No worries, I'm good with that too. When these are our problems, life is really good. We are blessed. BTW - Joyeux anniversaire (to your wife).

Oh yeah, definitely not a problem to worry about!  I am pretty excited because I am having a restaurant cater that specializes in street tacos and Sonoran dogs.  Everyone loves tacos.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Congrats to Duke.  Moving on!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Looks like new @nolaegghead
    South of Columbus, Ohio.