Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• MediumRarely
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Getting some vitamin D while rollin' 

Nice! Just like down here in the VI. Drive on the left - diff is US standard set up with driver/controls on the left inside.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• MediumRarely
    Options
    homemade rolling jib crane

Nice set up!!! No need for a tag line. Did you take that load down hill?

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options

We’ve all made it to the weekend,  which was not an absolute guarantee for us in Europe recently.  So our minds wander to the beautiful game and it’s time opine upon the fortunes of those illustrious bladder chasers 

But what is this?  Another PL interdiction for reasons global?  Sadly it is so, dear reader.  A hiatus this weekend permits a set of World Cup qualifiers and cash cows, known as international friendlies.

I could offer incisive analysis of Accrington Stanley v Gillingham, but shall leave you to do this alone. And for clarity; the former is not a 50’s movie star and the latter is pronounced with a soft G because it’s the Gillingham in Kent, not Gillingham in Dorset.  But you knew all of that already.  My apologies.  

There is always the 3rd Test in Grenada, that @Ozzie_Isaac is glued to right now.  And I am pretty sure some of you know where Grenada is.  Clint Eastwood certainly does. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    homemade rolling jib crane

Nice set up!!! No need for a tag line. Did you take that load down hill?

its going about a quarter mile down the road for final machining.  it needs to tilt up to clear the hill on the driveway when it backs out. needs to be low for the road, need to keep the back wheels on the ground
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I saw these sauces at the grocery store yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen them outside a specialty type store.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited March 2022
    Options

One of my jobs in college was repairing, refinishing, and spiffing up capital equipment in a machine shop.  You did a nice job on that lathe. Depending on the pitting from the rust you can use a steel epoxy on it, then stone it flat.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Staffing a second shift. Need 15 people. Not as easy as it sounds. One of my current customers doubled their current commitment, thus the need for 40 more production hours. Life about to get hectic

Bittersweet ain't it? congratulations on the new business.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    At the steering committee meeting for the DOE CSGF

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Staffing a second shift. Need 15 people. Not as easy as it sounds. One of my current customers doubled their current commitment, thus the need for 40 more production hours. Life about to get hectic

Bittersweet ain't it? congratulations on the new business.
    Beyond bittersweet. Gonna blow thru my 2 million pound contract sooner than expected. Plant more wheat!!!!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I would sometimes "Quote it like I don't want it" and then get the work anyway in a tool and die shop.  

I run a campground in the summer.  It can be hard to entice people to work every weekend in the summer.  It will be fun I say. You can save for college I say. You will get free ice cream. . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I would sometimes "Quote it like I don't want it" and then get the work anyway in a tool and die shop.  

I run a campground in the summer.  It can be hard to entice people to work every weekend in the summer.  It will be fun I say. You can save for college I say. You will get free ice cream. . . 
    I have had suppliers give me the go away price, I have said yes, then they still tell me to go away.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    paqman said:
    paqman said:
    Smoking my bourbon.

Oh, nice!  How do you like it?
    It was pretty cool and worked better than expected.  I didn't trust the instructions and smoked it for about 3x as long as I should have.  It was a bit strong for my taste, but will be easy remedy next time.  Presentation is 10/10.
    Where did you order it from?
    A friend got it for me as a gift.  It is called a "Busy Bee Cocktail Smoker".
    I almost pulled the trigger on another brand that I am being spammed with on Facebook but your looks nicer and wider.  I am currently burning wood flakes/dust on a board when I want a “smoked” cocktail.  It works well for my need but I like the idea of these cocktail smokers.  I am a sucker for gadgets 🤷‍♂️

Options
    Doing a little research on used cars. Oldest daughter finally saved up enough to get her own ride and we will go out and look at some tonight or tomorrow. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "Dad, when are you going to put the back seat back in my car?!"
    Options
    Can't stop watching youtube vids of the KBQ. I want one.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @kl8ton I used to call that the **** price. I’d do it and do the same job I would for anyone else but if your a ass your paying double.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @kl8ton is BB getting relocated to your campground?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I am thinking about raising some hogs. Charcuterie is a slippery slope
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:

@FrostyEgg

I know a guy who has one if you want to come steal it for a few weeks and try it out.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Ordering food and stuff for my wife's bday party.  She specifically asked I do not cook for it 😓.  She wants me to be a host and less a cook during it.  Should have around 40 people and she is stressing out a bit ... She told me she knew I was dragging my feet on getting everything ordered so we wouldn't have a choice, and I would need to be the cook. She knows I prefer cooking; less mingling and more drinking 🤣
    I'm still working on spinning that the right way. My earlier response(s) have included "But, then I'd have to talk to people". Didn't go over so well. Now, I try to say things like "I'll take care of feeding folks. So, you don't have to worry about it, and can catch up with your friends, as much as you like."

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    FrostyEgg said:

@FrostyEgg

I know a guy who has one if you want to come steal it for a few weeks and try it out.....
    Oh man, that'd be awesome to even just come check it out. I read through your thread when you found it on craigslist. No joke on quality smokers being hard to find up here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm like the Great Gatsby at parties, sans money and class.  I'm not particularly social other than I like to host and I'd rather be multi-tasking in the background - preferably cooking.  
    Options
    Thanks, apple iPhone, for the nightmare fuel.