Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,308
    Options
    At the international spy museum.

What happened to not sinking this thread?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,984
    Options
    At the international spy museum.

What happened to not sinking this thread?
    Oops.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    It’s just John ruining things again.  I’ll bet he’s ruining DC as well 🤣
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    It’s just John ruining things again.  I’ll bet he’s ruining DC as well 🤣
    Pretty sure DC was ruined well before my arrival.

I hope that’s not too political a statement such that this thread doesn’t sink and Ozzie has to start another.  That would be devastating.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    SWMBO said lunch on the water. Boat, Buck Island National Monument, snorkle, swim, pétanque, lunch. Now home for another swim and the sunset.

Leaving the island soon for a couple of months. Gotta jam as much of this in as Catherine can stand.

Stunning as usual!!  Thank you for letting us live vicariously through your photos.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @MediumRarely - Great sense of humour right there for the rest of us.  Maximize the remaining near-term window of opportunity.  
    Better to be luck than good although you have both going for you.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,308
    Options
    Went to buy a bow saw at Ace. A bottle of Deez Nuts Pecan Rub followed me home.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,673
    Options
    That looks awesome @Eoin
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    It’s back in southern Nevada stores. 

Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    It’s back in southern Nevada stores. 

The party I am travelling with has gone through a few tubs of this. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    What I like about these Festool and Fein self-cleaning vacuum bags is that they fill up ALL THE WAY until the bag is like a dense brick.

Because I'm cheap, I use the regular old wet/dry shop vac to pull all the crap out of these to reuse them.  Then use the Fein/Festool vacuum to clean the pleated filter on the shop vac after dumping.

edited March 2022
    Options
    From the top of the Washington monument 

Cool pictures, but sad to see the grass in such rough shape. (Says the person surrounded by sand and rocks)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,673
    Options
    From the top of the Washington monument 

Cool pictures, but sad to see the grass in such rough shape. (Says the person surrounded by sand and rocks)
      Grass will look like shvt until we hit daily averages of 70

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just scheduled the latest (for us oldie's) Covid booster for tomorrow PM.  
    so iis this your second or first booster
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Second booster-never met a shot I didn't like.  Got the first booster the day it was approved for oldies back in Sep.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Second booster-never met a shot I didn't like.  Got the first booster the day it was approved for oldies back in Sep.  
    thanks @lousubcap , need to look into getting my second booster....though as shot up as I am I have still gotten sick albeit mild----
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Double vaxxed and boosted, but we still got it. Pretty mild, like a minor cold. Tested negative on the 18th, positive on the 22nd and 26th, Ynette is negative today, but I am still positive. She was showing slight symptoms a few days before I did. So I hope I will be negative in a few days.

And yes, I will get the second booster as soon as I can.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I'm going to give my first booster it's full run - 6 months??? After that, absolutely. I have a coworker who just decided one day he wanted another booster, so walked into a pharmacy and got one. This was months ago. He's still the same jerk today, so I guess it didn't hurt.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    lousubcap said:

alright.....youve talked me into two boosters

Amazoncom Funny Anti Vaccine Got My 2 Vodka Shots Energy Drink Booster  Sweatshirt  Clothing Shoes  Jewelry

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just got back into Durham.  Got in earlier than expected, so I was able to hop on some work calls I hadn't necessarily anticipated joining.  No rest for the working stiff...
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Just got back into Durham.  Got in earlier than expected, so I was able to hop on some work calls I hadn't necessarily anticipated joining.  No rest for the working stiff...
    That drive is so hit or miss.  I've made it from Baltimore to Durham in 5 hours and in 11 hours.  

First time I did the DC > Durham trip was nearly 20 years ago now, to pick up my then girlfriend, now wife from her parents' house.  My now FIL said the drive should take about 5 hours, the last 1 in NC.  There was no traffic when I left late morning and I hit the NC line in about 2:45.  Thinking that was way too fast I stopped at the rest area and called my Dad and chatted for about 45 minutes.  Ended up beating his estimated time by 20 minutes, rather than an hour plus, and to this day my FIL will warn my wife about driving too fast, but never me.   :)

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Acn - very well played right there.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Acn said:
    That drive is so hit or miss.  I've made it from Baltimore to Durham in 5 hours and in 11 hours.  

First time I did the DC > Durham trip was nearly 20 years ago now, to pick up my then girlfriend, now wife from her parents' house.  My now FIL said the drive should take about 5 hours, the last 1 in NC.  There was no traffic when I left late morning and I hit the NC line in about 2:45.  Thinking that was way too fast I stopped at the rest area and called my Dad and chatted for about 45 minutes.  Ended up beating his estimated time by 20 minutes, rather than an hour plus, and to this day my FIL will warn my wife about driving too fast, but never me.   :)
    That’s interesting.  I’ve never hit too much traffic in NC itself.  Mostly the pain points have always been around Richmond and DC itself.

The trip up took 5+ hrs on Saturday, mostly due to some weird weather around DC.  Today we got it done in 4 flat.