Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    The video below talks about the color changing BMW and how it works. I found it interesting. 

https://youtu.be/ootH_8IbENQ
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This guy was a couple cars ahead of me at
    In-N-Out today. Don't think it was Tom Selleck.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Higgins??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Higgins??
    LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    ATL airport- There is a couple tickets on the windshield for parking in a handicap space. But he has no license plate so I’m guessing he tosses the ticket and goes about his business. Genius or douche? Latter has my vote. 

Beautiful ride either way. No clue how it clears the speed bumps. 

Snellville, GA

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ATL airport- There is a couple tickets on the windshield for parking in a handicap space. But he has no license plate so I’m guessing he tosses the ticket and goes about his business. Genius or douche? Latter has my vote. 

The like is for the car, not the a$$hat who drives it. 

Where I reside, front and back plates are mandatory. The folks I know with high end vehicles tend to skip the front plate and instead keep it in the glove compartment. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Agree with the like for the ride and not the richardhead who parked it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Most likely a slimy douche that thinks he’s a genius. A scary combo. Hopefully I don’t know the whole story and he will pay his dues when he returns. Maybe he was in a dire emergency and had to drive the car to the airport, did not want to park next to others so parked there and was willing to pay the consequences. But that missing tag makes me think that’s less likely. 

These lambo guys always seem to be parked front and center. The previous car I posted here was parked right in front of a very busy poker room in Austin. People walking by all night and all day. Maybe they are willing to trade showing it off for a few scratches here and there?
    Snellville, GA

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Who drives that to the airport? Did they have a passenger and bags?  Most airports have license plate scanners when you enter parking and scan again when you leave to make sure you’re not just pulling a new ticket to make a long stay a short stay.  He’s not so smart, he’ll get nailed.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Haha I have no idea if they had bags or not. Really hoping this was a single douche and not a set of them. It was there when I left and still there yesterday when I returned. And we do have the tag scanners. But if there is no tag to scan then I’m not sure how that works. I’m sure he will pay for it somehow. Karma seldom sleeps. 
    Snellville, GA

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Legume said:  
    Most airports have license plate scanners when you enter parking and scan again when you leave to make sure you’re not just pulling a new ticket to make a long stay a short stay.  He’s not so smart, he’ll get nailed.
    The VIN should be visible thru the windshield, and a quick call to the DMV...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Would be fun to watch it get towed.  Steve Jobs used to do something similar.  There was a weird law in Cali that allowed no tags for 6 months on a new car.  So he just got a new car every 6 months and was notorious for parking in handicap spots.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    If I was joe blow tow and they called me in to move that thing I’d be like “uhh I don’t think so”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    If I was joe blow tow and they called me in to move that thing I’d be like “uhh I don’t think so”
    I tie right the wing and exhaust and drag it right up.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Would be fun to watch it get towed.  Steve Jobs used to do something similar.  There was a weird law in Cali that allowed no tags for 6 months on a new car.  So he just got a new car every 6 months and was notorious for parking in handicap spots.
    I think just at Apple though, right?  I think it paints a slightly different picture given that this was mostly at the company where he was the founder and CEO.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    He probably just forgot to put his hang-tag on the mirror.  It happens when you are late for your flight and you have to get your walker out of the passenger side.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Using the 350kW charger 🔌 and blocking a through traffic lane. The other vehicle to the left foreground is a KIA.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Using the 350kW charger 🔌 and blocking a through traffic lane. The other vehicle to the left foreground is a KIA.
    Where do they think they are blocking traffic like that?…. Ottawa?!
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options

They have a front end lift for the speed bumps/steep driveway approaches.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Most likely a slimy douche that thinks he’s a genius. A scary combo. Hopefully I don’t know the whole story and he will pay his dues when he returns. Maybe he was in a dire emergency and had to drive the car to the airport, did not want to park next to others so parked there and was willing to pay the consequences. But that missing tag makes me think that’s less likely. 

These lambo guys always seem to be parked front and center. The previous car I posted here was parked right in front of a very busy poker room in Austin. People walking by all night and all day. Maybe they are willing to trade showing it off for a few scratches here and there?
    The valet drivers like to put the nicest cars right up front. Adds prestige to the establishment and the owner gets their car retrieved quicker.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Where do they think they are blocking traffic like that?…. Ottawa?!
    Florida plates charging in Gulfport MS. Her next charge would be in Pensacola or in Hammond LA. The KIA owner told me that it’s a woman driver.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    And the ease of access to charging is...?  😁  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Hope yours wasn't on there @JohnInCarolina, seriously though, somehow I think fedex was involved

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Hope yours wasn't on there @JohnInCarolina, seriously though, somehow I think fedex was involved

It contained 142 VW ID4 electric cars and a number of Porsche electric cars. It has been on the various electric car forums for a couple of days. Some people on those forums had been waiting nearly a year and their cars were aboard. Quite a few gas burning cars also.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Thankfully my Ferrari is being driven from Italy to the US.  Dodged a bullet there…
  • lousubcap
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I can lessen your concerns, your Ferrari was being used as entertainment value for the crew on the main deck.  High speed wheel rollers and the exhaust sound was piped for all to enjoy.  Should the ship stay afloat you may get your car.  🏎
    Here's the latest link I've got:
    https://news.yahoo.com/abandoned-cargo-ship-carrying-porsches-150200092.html?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email  
    Hopefully your direct line to https://www.ferrari.com/en-US  is keeping you updated.  B)
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    They fight ship fires with salt water. Just something to think about.