Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Why would you park that on a busy street, ever?
    He's probably just handing off some wagyu he's got stored in the trunk.  
    In the frunk you mean.
    You are a frunny dude.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Need some help guys. Dad sent me this picture of a Ford GT (must be a woman driver, look at that park job). Pretty sure it’s a kit car but can’t find anything on the webz about it. Look at the Ferrari like badge. Can’t tell if it’s a moose or an elk. 

Nope, that is real.  First Gen Ford GT (2005-2006).  It was an homage to the 60s era Ford GT40.  That Livery mimics the original Ford GT prototype Ford built while designing this particular generation.
    Thanks. Any insight on the badge?  Maybe car club?

Probably just some swag they put on there so they can find it in the parking lot.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Legume said:
    Why would you park that on a busy street, ever?
    Because it’s Naples FL and that is a “cheap” car there…
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Is this a show your car thread?
    Here's my 2021 Tesla Model Y long range

You weren’t at my eye doctors Wednesday were you? I parked my white ID4 2 place’s away from you if so.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

very nice
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @JohnfromKentucky - I won't pretend to speak for the author but just a place to post whatever anyone owns/sees or otherwise thinks merits a pic.  
    There are some great rides here across the spectrum of automobiles and time.  Fire away.  The more the merrier.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

For that car, yes!  
    Is that a black-n-white photo, or do you live in Minnesota?  (oof, just re-read your handle, but Kentucky's getting froze out right now, too...) 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnfromKentucky
    Options

You weren’t at my eye doctors Wednesday were you? I parked my white ID4 2 place’s away from you if so.
    I work in Louisville KY. Wednesday I went out to Norton's Women's and Children's Hospital but we parked in the garage. Then later on I parked at NCMA Okolona, which is not an eye doctor.

• JohnfromKentucky
    Options
    @Botch I really hate winters so there's no way I would want to live that far north! Kentucky gets cold enough.
  • Botch
    Options
    @Botch I really hate winters so there's no way I would want to live that far north! Kentucky gets cold enough.
    Its not that bad, was only -42˚F in International Falls, two days ago (true temperature, not windchill!)  

• lousubcap
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Botch True temperature for the win.  For someone like me with the accumulated laps of the sun I grew up without the great new weather drama term of "wind chill." 
    "In the late 1960s the National Weather Service began incorporating wind chill values in public forecasts and the practice gained prominence and acceptance during the severe winters of the 1970s and '80s."
    Edit:  Given the ice and snow accumulation around here I did not spot any exotics on the road today.  And not that many non exotics either. (To get this thread back on track.)
    =) 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

I work in Louisville KY. Wednesday I went out to Norton's Women's and Children's Hospital but we parked in the garage. Then later on I parked at NCMA Okolona, which is not an eye doctor.

Well that is probably 700 or more or miles away. Identical looking car if you have red brakes.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @kl8ton Great way to spend a day.  Some beautiful rides right there.  Thanks for the pics.  
  • Botch
    Options
    kl8ton said:

At the International Auto Show....

F150 lightning
    That... made me do a double-take!   :o  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Vanilla mixed up ther order....
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Grand wagoneer sticker at 109!  I had no idea.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I know a guy with a Phantom. Not seen it yet, he traded in his Silver Dawn, which was nice, but the wood on the rear deck made me want to get out a sheet of 6000 grit wet and dry.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Eoin Surely couldn't be any of your Italian business connections?  
    You orbit in circles that I will never achieve.  
    Just offer to bring the Q for the countryside backdrop photo shoot picnic.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    You do orbit in those circles.  You know @Eoin , who knows a guy who has a Rolls.  We all know you secretly have a stash of mid-60s Porsches.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Best I can do ...I know a guy who knows a guy who owns some thoroughbred race horses, but the horses ride in trailers and not pulled by RR's.   =)
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @MasterC

Beauty. And ‘85 was a particularly good year. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @MasterC - that's a sweet ride and immaculately maintained. I'm sure there is quite a back story to how it landed in New Zealand.  Thanks for posting that.  
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited February 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    He's a lawyer, but made a lot of money buying commercial property. A very nice guy too. 

The Italians I know are mostly quite low key. The revenue there are very strict and tax is high. To have a flash car is to invite unwanted attention.