Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lkapigian said:
    Not pleased with SRF at this point 
    Is it them or @lousubcap's favorite five-letter delivery service?
    I think you are correct my friend 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Sorry man, that sucks.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited December 2021
    ReLearning how to cook.  The new ProFlamer did a batch of fried rice in about 2 minutes.  Got a little too much wok hei.  Need to rethink my approach.

I think the pilot light itself is hotter than some stove tops.

Need to learn you don't need to go full gonzo for fried rice like my other cooking eyes.

Treated.the fried rice like clumpy spices.  This was a simple rice and egg trial run, so no big loss.

Here is a bottle of bourbon to help judge scale.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Damn Dawgs. Choke fest. Congrats to bama. They deserved it tonight. 
    Snellville, GA

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    edited December 2021
    Never mind.
    canuckland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Damn Dawgs. Choke fest. Congrats to bama. They deserved it tonight. 
    They will probably end up playing each other again so all is not lost yet for the Dawg fans. To be honest I thought Georgia would win big. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• @Botch: It sits on a corner between the living room and dining room and faces out to both, but it’s kind of peripheral to both rooms and doesn’t act as a focal point for either. Not my favourite arrangement either, but I guess it’s nice to have it be functional for both. I have only ever seen it lit one time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Sorry man, that sucks.
    @lkapigian - When this sorry deal concludes give SRF a call.  They will make it right even if the shipper's hosed it up.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Sorry man, that sucks.
    @lkapigian - When this sorry deal concludes give SRF a call.  They will make it right even if the shipper's hosed it up.  
    I sent them a message today , and I should have not said what I did as it’s out of their hands once shipped , at this point it’s been on the road since Tuesday or Wed lol , it’s just meat…that being said , wrapped this around the 14 hour mark pulled at hour 19 and into the warming oven till later today brisket sandwiches with Cowboy Candy and Pickled Red Onions , Smoked Shotgun Shells on the side 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Not perishable but FedEx has not moved my CGS order since Thursday either. Sitting in a distribution center for 4 days according to the tracking info. Meanwhile Amazon will deliver a gift I bought yesterday today.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Lighting the egg to cook some Prime Steaks because unlike @Lit I can afford them still. 💰💰💰

Looking forward to seeing the results!
    Not too shabby.

I hope Lit has a troll account to lurk with so he can see what he's missing.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited December 2021
    Not perishable but FedEx has not moved my CGS order since Thursday either. Sitting in a distribution center for 4 days according to the tracking info. Meanwhile Amazon will deliver a gift I bought yesterday today.
    Shipping stuff is a pathetic endeavor these days. I can only assume they have all been hit by the mass exodus of workers paid to stay home during the pandemic. I suppose you can’t just flip a switch and get things back up to snuff very easily. It’s not good though. Your not alone. I’ve had plenty of issues with Amazon too. Just depends on the logistics I guess. 
  • About to brave the local Verizon store to see if I can't upgrade to an iPhone 13 pro.  Wish me luck.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    About to brave the local Verizon store to see if I can't upgrade to an iPhone 13 pro.  Wish me luck.  
    My youngest got one last weekend. It was at a smaller provider than Verizon though. I have heard they (Verizon) are slammed. Good luck indeed! 
  • About to brave the local Verizon store to see if I can't upgrade to an iPhone 13 pro.  Wish me luck.  

Eff that dude, call them they will mail it to you, and you will get a better deal.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    About to brave the local Verizon store to see if I can't upgrade to an iPhone 13 pro.  Wish me luck.  

Eff that dude, call them they will mail it to you, and you will get a better deal.
    100% this!  Wally World has gotten really really bad around here.  I avoid it whenever possible.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338

100% this!  Wally World has gotten really really bad around here.  I avoid it whenever possible.
    Everywhere has gotten bad. I, too, refuse to go to Wally. It has gotten so bad going into stores that we generally order our groceries and have them delivered. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    I ordered my wife and I a couple online last night from Verizon.  Pretty good trade in deal going but it looks like they are out until the 28th for the colors and storage ordered.

Yep. I thought better of it, and just went online and managed to figure it out.  No need to brave the holiday crowds.  
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I don’t know, what do you guys think? 

Las Vegas, NV

• U_tarded said:
    I ordered my wife and I a couple online last night from Verizon.  Pretty good trade in deal going but it looks like they are out until the 28th for the colors and storage ordered.
    Yep.  Mine won't ship until the end of the month.  That's OK with me. 
  • lousubcap
    Gonna be some great college football New Year's Eve:
    No. 1 Alabama will face No. 4 Cincinnati in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic and No. 2 Michigan will face No. 3 Georgia in the Capital One Orange Bowl on Dec. 31. The winners will play on Jan. 10 in the national championship game in Indianapolis.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    lousubcap said:
    No. 1 Alabama will face No. 4 Cincinnati in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic and No. 2 Michigan will face No. 3 Georgia in the Capital One Orange Bowl on Dec. 31. The winners will play on Jan. 10 in the national championship game in Indianapolis.
    Who are you picking to win?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap said:
    Current lines in Vegas are UGA by 7.5, Alabama by 13.5.  
  • lousubcap
    edited December 2021
    The money line favorite is Alabama.  After yesterday I can see why.  'Bama beats Cincy.  The GA-UM one I need to give more consideration although if I had to pick it now I would go with GA as I think UM is reveling in getting the monkey off their backs and now playing with house money (that's today).  
    Edit on a related football topic:  Manning brothers are broadcasting the 12/6 MNF game on ESPN2.  Patriots at Bills.  Great entertainment.  will post up their guest list when it's available, usually late game day morning.  
  • SGH
    I think Bama will slaughter Cincinnati. Georgia will romp Michigan. I think Bama Georgia is a crap shoot. Wouldn’t be surprised no matter which one ends up winning. 

Status- Standing by.

• lkapigian said:
    Sheathing Shells 

manicotti stuffed with jalapeño popper sausage, wrapped in bacon glazed with apple habanero glaze 

Oh my
  • @lkapigian: That looks amazing, but in all honesty, I’m having a really hard time imagining what it would taste like. Of one thing I am sure - it is delicious. 

100% this. Concierge service delivered to your door. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX