Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Just got back from a Birthday party.  Good times.
    Doesn’t snt sound like it involved smoking PCP and getting nekkid, don’t know how good of a time it could have been. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Doesn’t snt sound like it involved smoking PCP and getting nekkid, don’t know how good of a time it could have been. 
    No on the animal tranquilizers.   Good crowd even though it was about 60% lawyers.  They reserved the back half of a good restaurant in our hood.
    Options
    No on the animal tranquilizers.   Good crowd even though it was about 60% lawyers.  They reserved the back half of a good restaurant in our hood.
    Krystal let's you reserve rooms?  Or did you go to Captain D's?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    @Foghorn No PL this weekend, it's the international break :sleeping:

Nonetheless the manage merry-go-round has spun;
    Eddie Howe's installed at the Toon, what kind of mandate does he have?  

Stevie G has left the Mighty Gers and is now at Villa : first game next week is against the filthy Seagulls so hoping for new manger bounce there. 

Super Frank Lampard is being lined up by the Canaries who waited for their first win before sacking the manager. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Stevie G has left the Mighty Gers and is now at Villa : first game next week is against the filthy Seagulls so hoping for new manger bounce there. 

Super Frank Lampard is being lined up by the Canaries who waited for their first win before sacking the manager. 
    Let's see how Stevie G does in a real league.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,115
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I don't understand 98% of the soccer talk, but that looks like shots fired to me.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I mean, that’s probably what Liverpool told him right?  He needed to step up to be Jurgen’s heir apparent.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Acn said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I mean, that’s probably what Liverpool told him right?  He needed to step up to be Jurgen’s heir apparent.
    He doesn't want to do a Frank.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Putting vinyl plank flooring down in the mobile home in my parents backyard. Cussing the staple happy idiot who put in the previous carpet.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Acn said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

That would make sense.  But I haven't heard that Jurgen is thinking of leaving any time soon.

I definitely found that timing interesting.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I don't understand 98% of the soccer talk, but that looks like shots fired to me.
    Maybe, but I don't think we have any Scottish Premiership superfans here.  Seems like that part of the world represents a marketing opportunity for BGE.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @battleborn- Again, your service to the community is much more appreciated than will ever be expressed by those who benefit from your dedication and hard work. Most have no idea of what it takes in your profession-me included.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.
    BTW- I trust the sovereign nation attorney general will be leading the case.  F' me.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Got informed by a guy that I arrested today that I was going to get sued. Not for arresting him, but for arresting him under his government name instead of the weird made up sovereign citizen name. 

So I got that going for me, which is nice. 
    How do you not just laugh at them?

Did the gov give him his name?  Or his parents?
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Legume said:
    Got informed by a guy that I arrested today that I was going to get sued. Not for arresting him, but for arresting him under his government name instead of the weird made up sovereign citizen name. 

I do laugh at them, because they are funny. Oddly enough, for being a self proclaimed sovereign, he had a government issued ID with his fake name on it, which is different from his legal name. Some how. 

I would tell you his name, to give some amusement to the forum, however, for legal reasons I probably shouldn’t. It sounded very much like villain for a 3rd rate Sci-Fi Channel made for TV movie. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:

I do laugh at them, because they are funny. Oddly enough, for being a self proclaimed sovereign, he had a government issued ID with his fake name on it, which is different from his legal name. Some how. 

I would tell you his name, to give some amusement to the forum, however, for legal reasons I probably shouldn’t. It sounded very much like villain for a 3rd rate Sci-Fi Channel made for TV movie. 
    Can you tell us what he got arrested for?  I’m hoping it’s half as funny as his name, although it’s probably just a drunk and disorderly.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I tried to disagree with my own post but it wouldn’t let me.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Legume said:

Can you tell us what he got arrested for?  I’m hoping it’s half as funny as his name, although it’s probably just a drunk and disorderly.
    Obstruction, resisting, failure to identify and warrants. 

Could have added like five more charges, but I was feeling charitable today. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Acn said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

That would make sense.  But I haven't heard that Jurgen is thinking of leaving any time soon.

I definitely found that timing interesting.

I've read that he'd like to take a year-long sabbatical at the end of his current contract (which I think has 2 more seasons on it).  Still a bit away and a lot can change in that time period, but it does make for a complete Stevie G audition.

I also enjoyed the new chapter of dos a cero last night

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Signed. Sealed. Delivered. 
    The easiest car buying experience ever. In and out in about ~30 minutes. 5.9 miles when I left the dealership. 

is the 0-60 on the outback really 8.7 seconds? For some reason I thought they were a bit quicker.  The 4runner I bought is a absolute turd, it makes my 1 ton cummins feel like a funny car. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I think what I am experiencing is a long throw of the gas pedal. Most of my vehicles I push the throttle by rolling the ball of my foot, but the 4runner is requiring more pedal travel to make it go if you will.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Haha, last weekend a border checkpoint I frequent was slow, so when stopped I rolled down my window and yelled "Sovereign Citizen, I'm a sovereign citizen" .... I gave it about 10 seconds then told them I was just kidding.  Once they realized I was kidding the 8 or so Border Patrol agents started laughing.  They told me I would be surprised at how often they get that for real.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I think what I am experiencing is a long throw of the gas pedal. Most of my vehicles I push the throttle by rolling the ball of my foot, but the 4runner is requiring more pedal travel to make it go if you will.
    No, the 4Runner is supremely slow.  Our 2019 was ungodly slow, but you don't get 200k miles without issue from a speed demon.  I still loved it.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    The easiest car buying experience ever. In and out in about ~30 minutes. 5.9 miles when I left the dealership. 

is the 0-60 on the outback really 8.7 seconds? For some reason I thought they were a bit quicker.  The 4runner I bought is a absolute turd, it makes my 1 ton cummins feel like a funny car. 
    The CVT transmission gives it a “wind up and go” feel. I haven’t been in a situation yet where I felt like it needed more power but I’m sure I’ll encounter it. 
    It definitely is way different than my truck which has the aluminum block HO 5.3l and 380hp or thereabouts. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:

The CVT transmission gives it a “wind up and go” feel. I haven’t been in a situation yet where I felt like it needed more power but I’m sure I’ll encounter it. 
    It definitely is way different than my truck which has the aluminum block HO 5.3l and 380hp or thereabouts. 
    Learn how to disable all your traction control and other nanny aids before you need too.  Subaru's are super capable and fun cars, but sand is their kryptonite.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    No, the 4Runner is supremely slow.  Our 2019 was ungodly slow, but you don't get 200k miles without issue from a speed demon.  I still loved it.

Yeah on a easy acceleration it almost shutters when grabbing the next gear.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.