Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @fishlessman Doesn't work with Lowrance, only Hummingbird.  My buddy brings me more fish than I'll ever eat.  Glad he's putting some money into the boat and storing at his house.  I like the extra space.

thats what i thought, hummingbird. those are getting pricey as well.   hit a wrong button on my lowrance last weekend, lost all my waypoints, routes, clock, and the bread trail line or whatever the line is called that shows where youve been.  going to have to get the book out again. i like the touch screen but its not practical in a heavy chop
    Yeah, I looked at Hummingbirds when I found out that it's compatible with them.  Prices are insane.  I thought Lowrance was the most expensive.  Wrong.

kl8ton said:
    Got the new trolling motor mounted.  Need to run the wires and some electronic GPS gizmo.
    I am certain you did a better job than some dealer in Pensacola.  My brother spear fishes there.  He and his friends recovered one for some fisherman during one of their dives. 

Does this thing have self- deploy? 

Thiers - deployed right off the boat.  I'll get a screen grab from his video. 

Yep, has auto-deploy.   And auto-stow.  GPS spot lock, autopilot, all kinds of features. 

This one isn't going anywhere.  We put in a Minn Kota quick release mount. There's a quick connect rod device that has a lock.  If that isn't locked and the rods come out, I can see it falling off, otherwise the hull bolts would have to fail.

I'm curious to see how the 24V 100A/Hr LiFePO battery works.  I don't know anyone that's using this chemistry, but supposedly it's the best.  Battery life can be 10-20 years.  They are not cheap, however.  That battery, with tax was over 900.   Given people get 1.5 - 5 years from SLA batteries (sealed lead acid) and a decent set for that motor is around 400, it can be more economical to go Lithium.  That battery has a battery control module built in, so it regulates charging, discharging and protects against shorts.  It does all the main stuff that people fail to do to preserve battery life.  Also operates in heat well, cold, not so much (but I'm in the south).  Also better performance.  Voltage drop is negligible over the discharge. 

Battery management modules are a big advantage. Stops you screwing up an expensive purchase.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Got the new trolling motor mounted.  Need to run the wires and some electronic GPS gizmo.
    Glad you go the electronic GPS.  The mechanical GPS units are a headache.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Ditched the splint but kept the buddy tape. Bruising has been wicked but it’s clearing up finally. Ortho next week so hopefully I’ll get an all clear. Broken fingers suck 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    @lousubcap Astros in 4, as predicted. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan said:
    Ditched the splint but kept the buddy tape. Bruising has been wicked but it’s clearing up finally. Ortho next week so hopefully I’ll get an all clear. Broken fingers suck 

At least you can still gesture properly.
    Actually made me lol. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166
    @lousubcap Astros in 4, as predicted. 
    Now for the Red Sox to take 'em down.  If the Astros never win another pennant or world series it would be too soon.  
    While here- go Giants.  That game last night was quite a win in this day and age of high-powered offense.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Happy Hockey Day!

Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Bringing all my harvesting equipment back to the home farm today and starting on the crops here. Love working from home. 
    Hope you don't need new tires.  Read an article yesterday discussing issues with farm equipment tire supplies.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Bringing all my harvesting equipment back to the home farm today and starting on the crops here. Love working from home. 
    Hope you don't need new tires.  Read an article yesterday discussing issues with farm equipment tire supplies.
    Everything is always fahked when your a farmer. What is surprising to me is when things go right.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• For example a buddy just bought a $50,000 manure spreader last week and was custom spreading for a dairy.. the loader operator accidentally scooped a 200 lb chunk of concrete in with the load. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    For example a buddy just bought a $50,000 manure spreader last week and was custom spreading for a dairy.. the loader operator accidentally scooped a 200 lb chunk of concrete in with the load. 
    I'll bet the sh!t jokes fly abundantly in the manure business.

Long story, but got the internet and power companies scheduled to hook that stuff up at the shop.  Finally.  Just took a couple hours on the phone.

I am deadpan so they usually fly right over their heads 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,660
    installed a new water heater at the house, it died back on june 7th. lugged two old ones up the hill...nearly died but im liking the hot shower =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,660
    now disposal of said heaters.  must be ten bucks there, i give it til friday night

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    now disposal of said heaters.  must be ten bucks there, i give it til friday night

In my old town, inspectors would drive around looking for discarded water heaters, then check for permits.  No permit, they would send a hefty fine.  Stupid Illinois.  Needed permits to change your own water heater.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

In my old town, inspectors would drive around looking for discarded water heaters, then check for permits.  No permit, they would send a hefty fine.  Stupid Illinois.  Needed permits to change your own water heater.
    I guess maybe less able people caused accidents messing with stuff beyond their capability and ended up costing the state money?
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Eoin said:

I guess maybe less able people caused accidents messing with stuff beyond their capability and ended up costing the state money?
    No, a pure, straight up county/city money grab. Helps balance the budget. Local gov here insists on a permit to replace like for like sized door, even if it was destroyed by a burglar while the resident was at work.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    An inspector red flagged a builder replacing a deck for us.  He was in the neighborhood for another house and saw the lumber drop, came back a couple of days later and cited the builder.  Long story, I didn’t have a permit.  The original builder of the home opened a permit for a deck and never got final sign off, not sure how they got certificate of occupancy with that open, but they did.  I couldn’t get a permit for the replacement deck I was building because I didn’t have a permit to tear the old one down.  I couldn’t get a permit to tear the old one down because it wasn’t ever signed off.  So I tore it down anyway and just got started.  To rectify, I had to go back through the city all over again.  I ended up arguing that I didn’t need a permit to tear down a deck they couldn’t prove existed as there was no record of it being inspected and signed off 10 years earlier.  Pain in the arse and I think the last guy I talked to that finally straightened it out realized what a shitshow the city was being and he just gave me the permit so I could restart building.  I lost about three weeks.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    lkapigian said:
    Mom and dads bdays , 85 and 87, made dad beef ribs 

That’s the way you eat those. No knife required. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I’m in the GWN, I’ll never get used to driving on the left. Seems I’m always on the wrong side. Ugh. 

Ps. So much hockey on tv. It’s like soccer but more difficult. It was hard already, wtf. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Watching Squid Game with our oldest.  Pretty searing indictment of Korean society, damn.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    I’m in the GWN, I’ll never get used to driving on the left. Seems I’m always on the wrong side. Ugh. 

Ps. So much hockey on tv. It’s like soccer but more difficult. It was hard already, wtf. 
    I’ve attended a professional game from every major American sport and hockey is, by far, the greatest game I’ve seen live. So much going on within the game. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• I’m in the GWN, I’ll never get used to driving on the left. Seems I’m always on the wrong side. Ugh. 

I’ve attended a professional game from every major American sport and hockey is, by far, the greatest game I’ve seen live. So much going on within the game. 
    Have you been to a pumpkin chunkin? Obviously not
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac

I’ve attended a professional game from every major American sport and hockey is, by far, the greatest game I’ve seen live. So much going  on within the game. 
    Have you been to a pumpkin chunkin? Obviously not
    Love pumpkin chunkin events.  The ones I have been to do not serve beer, that automatically disqualifies them from best event.  That would go to Monster Jam in large outdoor arenas.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SamIAm2 said:
    Eoin said:

No, a pure, straight up county/city money grab. Helps balance the budget. Local gov here insists on a permit to replace like for like sized door, even if it was destroyed by a burglar while the resident was at work.
    So a permit is not a competence thing, just to be allowed to make an alteration, whether personally or using a tradesperson?