Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Acn said:
    Waiting on flan after polishing off pork chops in mustard cream sauce, with black beans and rice.
    Oh my you wouldn't happen to have pictures with you
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lkapigian said:
    Mom and dads bdays , 85 and 87, made dad beef ribs 

This picture is the very definition of “heartwarming.” Not sure why, but it is. 
    Appreciate that my friend, we’ve never been buddy buddy , but I love my dad 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    This Sheriff is legit. 

Update: a citizen ended up shooting the suspect in a gunfight and he is off the street. 

Las Vegas, NV

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lkapigian said:
    Mom and dads bdays , 85 and 87, made dad beef ribs 

Cherish it brother. I would give anything to cook just one more time for my mother and father. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Acn  - regular or flavored? Have a Cuban friend who makes really smooth orange flan. Killer.
    It was regular, and only pretty good after the rest of the meal.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Yelling at a control system that is doing exactly what I coded it to do.  Control system designed to work with dynamics of the system, then they ask that same control system work if part of the DoF is locked out and we have to auto detect it’s locked.  Tuesday can only be better.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Just finished mopping up in a bathroom. A flexi-hose to the tap burst - no leak, no warning. Got the valve with the screwdriver on my pen knife (always in my pocket) before any serious damage done.
  • Eoin said:

A flexi-hose to the tap burst - no leak, no warning. 
    That’s just bad engineering right there.  Was it French made?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:

A flexi-hose to the tap burst - no leak, no warning. 
    That’s just bad engineering right there.  Was it French made?

Just bought from a large DIY chain a few years ago, so at a guess Chinese made.

Need to find a decent supplier for proper braided hose.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    edited October 2021
    Waiting for 35th  blood draw in 5 days, and then they keep saying I'm anemic. :open_mouth:

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Yelling at a control system that is doing exactly what I coded it to do.  Control system designed to work with dynamics of the system, then they ask that same control system work if part of the DoF is locked out and we have to auto detect it’s locked.  Tuesday can only be better.
    Yes, anything can happen on Tuesday.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @MasterC You've got this.  Just stay as positive as you have displayed in the past.  No prisoners.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    MasterC said:
    Waiting for 35th  blood draw in 5 days, and then they keep saying I'm 
    I wish I could give you some of my red cells!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Applying Monday night therapy

That board is so nicely figured it looks 3-D.  Please post pics of the final project!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Got the new trolling motor mounted.  Need to run the wires and some electronic GPS gizmo.
    Reading up on the Gruden saga. Wow. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Got the new trolling motor mounted.  Need to run the wires and some electronic GPS gizmo.
    I am certain you did a better job than some dealer in Pensacola.  My brother spear fishes there.  He and his friends recovered one for some fisherman during one of their dives. 

Does this thing have self- deploy? 

Thiers - deployed right off the boat.  I'll get a screen grab from his video. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    kl8ton said:
    I am certain you did a better job than some dealer in Pensacola.  My brother spear fishes there.  He and his friends recovered one for some fisherman during one of their dives. 

Does this thing have self- deploy? 

Thiers - deployed right off the boat.  I'll get a screen grab from his video. 

Yep, has auto-deploy.   And auto-stow.  GPS spot lock, autopilot, all kinds of features. 

This one isn't going anywhere.  We put in a Minn Kota quick release mount. There's a quick connect rod device that has a lock.  If that isn't locked and the rods come out, I can see it falling off, otherwise the hull bolts would have to fail.

I'm curious to see how the 24V 100A/Hr LiFePO battery works.  I don't know anyone that's using this chemistry, but supposedly it's the best.  Battery life can be 10-20 years.  They are not cheap, however.  That battery, with tax was over 900.   Given people get 1.5 - 5 years from SLA batteries (sealed lead acid) and a decent set for that motor is around 400, it can be more economical to go Lithium.  That battery has a battery control module built in, so it regulates charging, discharging and protects against shorts.  It does all the main stuff that people fail to do to preserve battery life.  Also operates in heat well, cold, not so much (but I'm in the south).  Also better performance.  Voltage drop is negligible over the discharge. 

kl8ton said:

That motor is pretty well sealed.  May be OK.  I hope so, not cheap 

i dont think your ever going to get that boat back, thats a huge upgrade for a center console. does it work with the lowrance or does your friend need to upgrade that too =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    @fishlessman Doesn't work with Lowrance, only Hummingbird.  My buddy brings me more fish than I'll ever eat.  Glad he's putting some money into the boat and storing at his house.  I like the extra space.
    @fishlessman Doesn't work with Lowrance, only Hummingbird.  My buddy brings me more fish than I'll ever eat.  Glad he's putting some money into the boat and storing at his house.  I like the extra space.
    If you need extra space, you could buy some property and put a Quonset hut on it.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669

thats what i thought, hummingbird. those are getting pricey as well.   hit a wrong button on my lowrance last weekend, lost all my waypoints, routes, clock, and the bread trail line or whatever the line is called that shows where youve been.  going to have to get the book out again. i like the touch screen but its not practical in a heavy chop
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it