Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    SGH said:
    Question for y’all. Most seem to prefer cooking on a gas stove. Myself included. However when it comes to ovens I prefer electric. How about y’all? What’s your preference on ovens and why? 

stove at home is all gas which i can fix with common tools. stove at camp is electric and im either ordering parts or replacing the stove. preference is gas, seems to roast meat better for me as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SGH said:
    Question for y’all. Most seem to prefer cooking on a gas stove. Myself included. However when it comes to ovens I prefer electric. How about y’all? What’s your preference on ovens and why? 
    Gas top, electric oven is my preference.
  • Embarking on a 3 hour, yes 3 hour, zoom session on diversity and inclusion.  Hence why I am here on my second screen.  I'm all for diversity, but come on.  3 hours?  Over lunch time of course.
    Isn't that the same duration as the tour the cast of Gilligan's Island departed for, before they shipwrecked?  
    I think that's about right.  However this feels much longer.  The facilitator keeps asking for audience participation and it is always followed by a long, awkward silence.
  • fishlessman
    and the oven works when the power goes out since i never even wired it in.  seems tday at the camp im cooking alot on an egg and gasser when the power goes out and im dealing with angry women sitting on the couch staring at the walls (some happy times right there)
    fukahwee maine

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Eoin said:
    Gas top, electric oven is my preference.
    My preference as well brother 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Check out the price of this fire ring. It must be marketed towards folks like Ron. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• @FarmingPhD - it's the best, isn't it?  I love this time of year.  Sun shining and some crispness to the air, with the leaves about to turn.  It's perfect.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Sun shining and some crispness to the air, with the leaves about to turn.  It's perfect.  
    Our leaves start turning around mid July. It’s so hot it cooks them.  

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    edited September 2021
    @FarmingPhD - it's the best, isn't it?  I love this time of year.  Sun shining and some crispness to the air, with the leaves about to turn.  It's perfect.  

leaf peeper traffic, i can hardly wait =) on the lake the water temp is 70 degrees, air is 40 in the morning, you can hear the boats cruising by but you cant see them from your boat past 40 feet in the fog. keeps your blood flowing
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Battleborn - you have a way with words and scene setting.   B)
    Above all, stay healthy and safe out there doing the heavy lifting.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @FarmingPhD - it's the best, isn't it?  I love this time of year.  Sun shining and some crispness to the air, with the leaves about to turn.  It's perfect.  
    Agreed- days getting shorter but our sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous this time of year along with the fantastic weather.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Home amp Garden Details about I Love The Smell Of Napalm In The Morning  Apocalypse Now Film Quotes Coffee Mug Kitchen Dining amp Bar

Fish I think this may be the first time I have ever seen you get a compliment on your picture quality! 
    Snellville, GA

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    So volleyball practice isn’t going so well… Buckle fracture
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• ryantt said:
    Assuming this is indeed the one and only Chef NG, she has grown! Nothing makes you more aware of the passage of time than watching kids grow up. 

Hoping for a very quick recovery. 
  • lousubcap
    ryantt said:
    Well- I could easily roll off some sailor terms but will refrain.  Dang- that is a setback but she will power thru.  Cooking skills should be marginally impacted given 87%+ of society is right-handed.  
    We are all rooting for her recovery.
    The biggest challenge will be for NG to trust the final condition once she is cleared to play again.  
    Good luck- adhere to the protocols recommended by the experts (we are not) for the rehab and return to full activities.  Been there personally and with kids and finally saw the light!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt said:
    Sh!t man, that is a bummer!  I hope her recovery goes smoothly.  

Daughters and injuries man, it’s rough.  
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    @lousubcap this is the second time she’s broken the same arm.   She’s mad she has to miss part of the season.  She asked the ortho doc tonight of a brace would be good enough…not wanting to let her team down.  

@JohnInCarolina I never expected my daughter to be breaking g bones or getting stitches…boy I was wrong.  

@GrateEggspectations it’s amazing how fast time goes….blink and they are grown 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• lousubcap
    Unfortunately she has been down this road before and at a very young age.  Good luck with dealing with the frustrations and challenges she will present.
    Let her know that her cooking skillset and support team are here to offer encouragement-and more than she needs!
    From my perspective- if she can't play volleyball then time to crank out the Norah Grace cooks that we all would totally enjoy seeing.  Even one handed would exceed anything I could offer.  
    Ever positive is the only way to go!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Seeing our kids hurt is the toughest part about being a parent. We have been lucky so far that none of ours have had any major boo boo (being uninterested in athletics has helped a bit). Hope she heals quickly and stronger. 

Speaking of injuries, one of the guys on my squad fell off his mountain bike this morning and his face lost a fight with a rock. He sent a picture and it is pretty nasty. Saddest part was he had to get rescued by the true heroes of the first responder community. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Seeing our kids hurt is the toughest part about being a parent. We have been lucky so far that none of ours have had any major boo boo (being uninterested in athletics has helped a bit). Hope she heals quickly and stronger. 

Speaking of injuries, one of the guys on my squad fell off his mountain bike this morning and his face lost a fight with a rock. He sent a picture and it is pretty nasty. Saddest part was he had to get rescued by the true heroes of the first responder community. 
    Coast Guard?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    No pictures yet, but prepping for a wedding , odd request of sliders for the main course vs app. So 300 people, 900 sliders, pork, Greek chicken and brisket....salmon for the non meat eaters, cold Greek tortellini salad, steak fries, veggies and smoked Mac and cheese....all under the smoke of the Cali Fires, good times 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Legume said:

Coast Guard?
    Yes. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Just finished clearing a 100% clogged drain pipe that services the kitchen sink and dishwasher. 

Huge PITA.  I employed all the tricks.  Finally got it cleared.  This stopped up yesterday when SWMBO put a bunch of ropa vieja down the drain (that I accidentally left out overnight).  Since our garbage pickup has been almost non-existent since the hurricane, she thought she would deal with an alternative disposal method vs throwing it in the trash and having more stinky organic waste in front of the house. 

My record of never calling a professional plumber stands un-tarnished!
    So you're saying that ... SWMBO got her pipes clogged with your meat?  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just finished clearing a 100% clogged drain pipe that services the kitchen sink and dishwasher. 

Huge PITA.  I employed all the tricks.  Finally got it cleared.  This stopped up yesterday when SWMBO put a bunch of ropa vieja down the drain (that I accidentally left out overnight).  Since our garbage pickup has been almost non-existent since the hurricane, she thought she would deal with an alternative disposal method vs throwing it in the trash and having more stinky organic waste in front of the house. 

My record of never calling a professional plumber stands un-tarnished!
    So you're saying that ... SWMBO got her pipes clogged with your meat?  
    That’s what it sounds like to me John
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That's exactly what happened, you infantile, gutter-minded scullion.