Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,855
    Botch said:
    LCS?  
    I think it’s Zumwalt class and not freedom or independence LCS. I’m officially talking out of my backside though.  All I really know is that was a cool photo!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,391
    @Botch it's DDG 1000 Zumwalt class target. (only two types of ships in the world-submarines and targets  B) ).  The class build was truncated at 3 targets as the technology and perceived warfighting gains were found (don't know who found) too expensive.  Suffice to say the lead ship has yet to deploy overseas (commissioned in 2013) as the technology and warfighting gains promised far out-weighed the true deliverables.  

Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,192
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch it's DDG 1000 Zumwalt class target. (only two types of ships in the world-submarines and targets  B) ).  The class build was truncated at 3 targets as the technology and perceived warfighting gains were found (don't know who found) too expensive.  Suffice to say the lead ship has yet to deploy overseas (commissioned in 2013) as the technology and warfighting gains promised far out-weighed the true deliverables.  

Hometown Native from Tulare Ca..
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 1,097
    SGH said:
    Bought a carbon steel Detroit pizza pan. It probably don’t do anything that my aluminum pan don’t do. But the snob in me has to see. 
    Picked up some of their dough mix and pan grippers as well as lid for the pan. I thought why not. 

Post the results/pictures! SWMBO says we are doing Detroit pizzas this weekend.
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • BotchBotch Posts: 11,853
    Thanks, Navy folk!  I had trouble identifying an F-22 from a -35 for the longest time, don't even start me on Navy targets ships.   =)

Tonight I quit, again, a forum I'd been a member of for (iirc) eleven years.  The first time I was gone for 4 years or so, but retirement/COVID left me bored and I rejoined; the two militantly-arrogant members had both been kicked out, and I felt at home again for a year and a half.  Not anymore.
    I won't do details, this forum doesn't do politics, which is a good thing I guess.  
    I know a lot of retirees eventually die of loneliness; even as an extreme introvert I'm starting to understand that dynamic.   :|  

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 11,822
    Botch said:
    Tonight I quit, again, a forum I'd been a member of for (iirc) eleven years.  The first time I was gone for 4 years or so, but retirement/COVID left me bored and I rejoined; the two militantly-arrogant members had both been kicked out, and I felt at home again for a year and a half.  Not anymore.
    I won't do details, this forum doesn't do politics, which is a good thing I guess.  
    I know a lot of retirees eventually die of loneliness; even as an extreme introvert I'm starting to understand that dynamic.   :|  
    My two favorite forums "Rimfire Central" and "Egghead".  Most other ones have a terrible dynamic.  Either not active enough, or ruled by jerks.  I do like AVS too, but I keep that one to just technical.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • Get some dang corgis @Botch. You can find a way to travel with them. FWIW 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,493

First bottle is a hand picked barrel by “rare bird”…whatever that means. Solid sips of the rest plus an EH Taylor Barrel proof and a Buffalo Trace Batch 2020
  • dbCooperdbCooper Posts: 1,040
    Get some dang corgis @Botch. You can find a way to travel with them. FWIW 

Foster homes for dogs are always needed, basically you're their caretaker until a forever home is found.  Might be an option for you.  Check with the rescues in your area for further details if interested.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,511
    Getting my fancy white girl drink

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

ColtsFan said:
    Getting my fancy white girl drink

More impressive than the drink, you got chauffeured to Starbucks.  I believe the kids call that ballin'.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 28,102
    closest i can get to this girly pumpkin thing....THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN

guinness_black-and-orange_umlaut-4

looking forward this weekend to these with some liverwurst sandwiches. Guinness over pumpkinhead
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,084
    closest i can get to this girly pumpkin thing....THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN

guinness_black-and-orange_umlaut-4

looking forward this weekend to these with some liverwurst sandwiches. Guinness over pumpkinhead
    Black and tans are great.   Been a while since I've had one.  I need to rectify that.   

Have a good weekend, fish.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 4,518
    Cranberry Mocha Frappe or at least it was.

• FarmingPhDFarmingPhD Posts: 655
    lousubcap said:

Marketing over promising what engineering can deliver, what? Who’d a thought…. Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….

• BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,297
    Fantasy Draft time. 

Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,493
    Babysitting the wife….sinus and septum surgery finally happened today after multiple postponements. Kids at the lake with my parents for the long weekend…..6 hours in, I ain’t cut out for being a nurse
    FarmingPhD said:
    Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….

I had to watch this accurate, but very disturbing, video through to understand your sarcasm.   ;)
    Having spent a career trying to explain Reliability Confidence levels to 3-star generals with a bachelor's in PE, and a simple economic analysis to a (supposed) engineer chief who wanted our entire CAD/CAM system on the open intranetz (despite the Stuxnet/Aramco/Flame and newer banking/city government hacks) I so understand this, and it took me a couple weeks after retirement for the nightmares to stop.  
    The above video will have me awaken screaming for the next night or two, but hopefully it subsides quicker this time... :tongue:  

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,511
    Botch said:
    FarmingPhD said:
    Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….

I had to watch this accurate, but very disturbing, video through to understand your sarcasm.   ;)
    Having spent a career trying to explain Reliability Confidence levels to 3-star generals with a bachelor's in PE, and a simple economic analysis to a (supposed) engineer chief who wanted our entire CAD/CAM system on the open intranetz (despite the Stuxnet/Aramco/Flame and newer banking/city government hacks) I so understand this, and it took me a couple weeks after retirement for the nightmares to stop.  
    The above video will have me awaken screaming for the next night or two, but hopefully it subsides quicker this time... :tongue:  
    This gives me flashbacks of our weekly team meetings
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 4,518
    Yes it took me a while to get over running construction projects put together by a team of young engineers who had never built a project in the field. I frequently asked to have some time to review the plans before bids were held. It seldom happened. I think that my record is 14 separate change orders on a single project. Someone told me once “ the baby is born “ to which I replied “I believe in birth control “. 
    lousubcap said:

Marketing over promising what engineering can deliver, what? Who’d a thought…. Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….

Living this dream every day.  Very very close to calling it quits and becoming my wife's admin.

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 3,663
    lousubcap said:

Living this dream every day.  Very very close to calling it quits and becoming my wife's admin.
    I can relate to Anderson. SMH.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,175
    lousubcap said:

I don't get the consternation here.  The solution is pretty obvious.  Lines don't only exist in 2 dimensional space.  The solution requires a multi-dimensional space, maybe half a dozen.  Insofar as the color goes, OBVIOUSLY the pen color will be used for drawing (line manufacturing) in one medium with a refractive index that is different that the observational medium index of refraction.  It's a density thing.... Oh, wait, that won't work...hmmmm....ok, got it.  I'm an expert, see?  The line relative to the observer must be accelerating/decelerating to cause a doppler shift in frequency thereby changing to the color specified by the definition of work.

Stick a one-tined fork in it, we be done.

Remember, "ex" is an unknown quantity,
    and "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
    (this joke is funnier when spoken)  :glasses:  

• SGHSGH Posts: 28,110
    Getting ready for college football 🏈 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGHSGH Posts: 28,110
    Really looking forward to Georgia vs Clemson 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.