Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColbyLang said:

I’m the blue dot. Sonofabitch!

The last hurricane that went right over New Orleans was a big nothing-burger.  We hardly noticed it.  But folks 150-200 miles to our East were getting insane flooding.

Anyway, every storm is different and it's still early.  One thing we do know is the steering currents are pretty established and it's going somewhere around South LA.

OK, now I need to get off my ass and trim some trees and probably a good idea to finish installing the sump pump at my shop.
    ColbyLang said:

I’m the blue dot. Sonofabitch!

was supposed to be hit last weekend by henri but it went 90 degrees west a hundred miles then north a hundred miles. then east just above me. it was like we had a big hurricane wall.  people that went to the beach to see it were probably disappointed
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Back from dinner for Dom's 17th birthday. I was driving, so had to eat poor and overpriced food with slow service while sober. No tip was left, I don't remember ever not tipping at all before. Got a Martini on the go now to cheer myself up.
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Fancy…………a two fire pit household
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Bar said:
    Fancy…………a two fire pit household
    In a state plagued by fires 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Stormbringer Cubanos have gotta be on the horizon.  Enjoy the entire process.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,008
    lousubcap said:
    @Stormbringer Cubanos have gotta be on the horizon.  Enjoy the entire process.  
    Spot on! That’s Saturday. 👍
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850

Never mind the big old show offs in the PL look at the super soaraway Stoke!  @Eoin is in raptures about the mighty Potters rampant launch of the season, sitting pretty at 3rd - what could possibly go wrong from here?

Elsewhere…

Saturday 

Man City v Arsenal : 3-0

Aston Villa v Brentford : fun times and a score draw likely, unless the hosts squeeze the impish new boys. 1-1.

Brighton v Everton : the filthy Seagulls have not read the script and are 2 from 2.   Good odds on making that 3 from 3 here as The Toffees work out the Rafa way. 2-1

Newcastle v Southampton :  should be a home win but this it Toon.  0-1 as the Saints find momentum.

Norwich v Leicester : early goal by the Canaries flatters to deceive and Vardy does a Vardy to set up a comfy 1-3 away win.

West Ham v Palace : 2-0, the revolution is being televised and it’s painful for Palace.

Liverpool v Chelsea : game of the weekend - identical results going in to this. Hard to call but there will be goals.  Toss of a coin says 2-1 for the Reds but not certain by any stretch.

Sunday

Burnley v Leeds : war of the roses as Marco’s men cross the Pennines.   All go, non-stop action meets no-go all stop action.  Godzilla, King Kong, glacier, volcano - you get the picture.  0-0

Spurs v Watford : Sir Harry of Kane has pretended he wanted to stay all along and the pay jump to £400k / week seems to have done the trick.  Normal service is resumed and 2-0 for the nicer of the near neighbours, Kane with the opener. 

Wolves v Man Utd : Ole was pulled up short by the Saints last week, will that affect confidence?  Wolves have no gaols and no points - which suggests an away win so 0-2 it’ll be.

Don’t forget the speakeasy tonight.   I have a seventy-five slide PowerPoint lined up chock full of fascinating cricket statistics.   One not to miss, lads. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    CPFC1905 said:

Never mind the big old show offs in the PL look at the super soaraway Stoke!  @Eoin is in raptures about the mighty Potters rampant launch of the season, sitting pretty at 3rd - what could possibly go wrong from here?

Elsewhere…

Saturday 

Man City v Arsenal : 3-0

Aston Villa v Brentford : fun times and a score draw likely, unless the hosts squeeze the impish new boys. 1-1.

Brighton v Everton : the filthy Seagulls have not read the script and are 2 from 2.   Good odds on making that 3 from 3 here as The Toffees work out the Rafa way. 2-1

Newcastle v Southampton :  should be a home win but this it Toon.  0-1 as the Saints find momentum.

Norwich v Leicester : early goal by the Canaries flatters to deceive and Vardy does a Vardy to set up a comfy 1-3 away win.

West Ham v Palace : 2-0, the revolution is being televised and it’s painful for Palace.

Liverpool v Chelsea : game of the weekend - identical results going in to this. Hard to call but there will be goals.  Toss of a coin says 2-1 for the Reds but not certain by any stretch.

Sunday

Burnley v Leeds : war of the roses as Marco’s men cross the Pennines.   All go, non-stop action meets no-go all stop action.  Godzilla, King Kong, glacier, volcano - you get the picture.  0-0

Spurs v Watford : Sir Harry of Kane has pretended he wanted to stay all along and the pay jump to £400k / week seems to have done the trick.  Normal service is resumed and 2-0 for the nicer of the near neighbours, Kane with the opener. 

Wolves v Man Utd : Ole was pulled up short by the Saints last week, will that affect confidence?  Wolves have no gaols and no points - which suggests an away win so 0-2 it’ll be.

Don’t forget the speakeasy tonight.   I have a seventy-five slide PowerPoint lined up chock full of fascinating cricket statistics.   One not to miss, lads. 

That. Is. Awesome.

I'm still not sure I'll make it.  When I get off work today I will have worked 36 hours and I have to clean up for a dinner with some friends and then pack to be ready for the airport at 4 AM...

Perhaps you can post all the slides here - 1 per post for 75 posts.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Lol...thinks gets pretty clever

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited August 2021

Volunteering for a local Chamber of Commerce event. It’s really an excuse to get out of any “real” work and go drink beer afterwards. Hot as balls so well deserved
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan said:

Volunteering for a local Chamber of Commerce event. It’s really an excuse to get out of any “real” work and go drink beer afterwards. Hot as balls so well deserved
    Nice shot. Not sure what Fifth Third Bank is, but can only hope this is 5/3rds is the interest they pay out.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:

Nice shot. Not sure what Fifth Third Bank is, but can only hope this is 5/3rds is the interest they pay out.
    They’re 66% better than the rest..so me thinks anyways. Idk
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    People in South LA are bricking sh!ts right now.  Wait until tomorrow.
    Should I? Oh I think i should.

Why would you even ask?
    Las Vegas, NV

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

Why would you even ask?
    It was 99% sarcasm. They are actually $3.99 a pound but they had the whole endcap mismarked.  I went to check out and the lady told me that a woman had come in about 20 minutes before me trying to buy 20 or 30 racks and got irate when they wouldn't let her because they realized the prices were mismarked. I grabbed one rack thinking it was too good to be true and by the time I had walked off and turned back around to get another they had pulled the whole endcap. The nice checkout lady went ahead and gave them to me for that price because it was already labeled and I only had 1 rack. I offered to pay full price but they declined.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338

Why would you even ask?
    It was 99% sarcasm. They are actually $3.99 a pound but they had the whole endcap mismarked.  I went to check out and the lady told me that a woman had come in about 20 minutes before me trying to buy 20 or 30 racks and got irate when they wouldn't let her because they realized the prices were mismarked. I grabbed one rack thinking it was too good to be true and by the time I had walked off and turned back around to get another they had pulled the whole endcap. The nice checkout lady went ahead and gave them to me for that price because it was already labeled and I only had 1 rack. I offered to pay full price but they declined.
    That’s the explanation then, I was mainly saying why ask because of the labeled price. They were also $3.99 a pound here when I rolled through Costco the other day. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Saw this and thought of The Buff One….

• nolaegghead
    I'm not sure I'd even pay $1.39/lb for beef back ribs.  Every time I've bought them they were like 75% bone, membrane and gristle.
    edited August 2021
    I'm not sure I'd even pay $1.39/lb for beef back ribs.  Every time I've bought them they were like 75% bone, membrane and gristle.
    Ehh I figured it was worth a gamble for 5 bucks. I bought 4 pounds of pork belly for burnt ends also. So at least we won't starve.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    Ehh I figured it was worth a gamble for 5 bucks. I bought a couple pounds of pork belly for burnt ends also. So at least we won't starve.
    They should be decent.  I've never tried Costco's back ribs, but they are pretty good in picking good quality in their offerings 
    I woke up at 1:15am to put on a packer in the BGE. Things are going good until I tried using my Stoker. My fan didn't seem to fire up. So I scratch the Stoker. I grab my BBQ Guru and plug it in. The fan doesn't work. (I used it my last overnight cook). So I scratch the Guru. I run downstairs and grab a spare fan for the Stoker. I plug my Stoker back in and the fan fires up. (It was all good until the fan wouldn't shut off). Scratch the Stoker once again. Pull out the BBQ PartyQ and plug that in. (My last hope. It seems to be working). 1.5 hours later my brisket is on with a combination of a BBQ PartyQ and food probes from the Stoker. 

At this point I should have just pulled out the stick burner and pulled an all nighter. That way I could have had my feet up, drinking beer, and watching a fire. Instead I'm up two hours later with a combination of electronics and don't have beer in my hand.  ;) D*mn you brisket!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Now the Stoker has dropped the wifi signal completely. What a pile. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Making coffee. Work day at the deer lease….with a cat 4 hurricane coming…..swmbo not all that happy about my little day trip today