Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• BarBar Posts: 166
    Thanks for the info.  I shall seek these out.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 15,678
    bubbajack said:
    Home made sushi tonight! Some fried and some not. Very good!

Farkin’ marvelous. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,297
    caliking said:
    caliprince ate Little Debbie Honey Bun mini muffins somewhere, and asked me to make some. I think I got pretty close. 

Still trying to wrap my head around reverse engineering junk food🤔
    Love me some Honey Buns. Love me some mini muffins. Perfect combo. I’m sure yours were better. 
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,375
    @pgprescott - nailed those ribs.  Great color and finish.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,505
    @pgprescott those ribs look delicious!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• BarBar Posts: 166
  • posterposter Posts: 888
    SWMBO made the best Jambalaya I've ever had. I learned her secrets!  (Finally)  (of the jambalaya, none of the others)
    Care to make them not so secret anymore? I'd like to make a good jambalaya. Its not a dish all that common up north, but would be great comfort food in the fall/winter here.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,171
    poster said:
    SWMBO made the best Jambalaya I've ever had. I learned her secrets!  (Finally)  (of the jambalaya, none of the others)
    Care to make them not so secret anymore? I'd like to make a good jambalaya. Its not a dish all that common up north, but would be great comfort food in the fall/winter here.

I'll ask her for the recipe.  I know one of her tricks is to add a small can of San Marcos chipotle peppers, and she has aleppo peppers in there too.  stand by

poster said:

I'll ask her for the recipe.  I know one of her tricks is to add a small can of San Marcos chipotle peppers, and she has aleppo peppers in there too.  stand by
    Thank you 
    This thread just keeps on delivering the goods.  Great cooks across the board.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • DavidCrumptonDavidCrumpton Posts: 198
    lkapigian said:
    Some pretty amazing Beef Cheeks 

Looks great
    I gotta find some cheeks. 
    @poster

Correction, can of Chipotle salsa.  Anyway;

Yes, old school, I know.  We have binders and index card boxes of heritage recipes and SWMBO types out home of her recipes, prints and binds. Notes written in the borders. She also collects stamps, dubloons, records, CDs and coins if that says anything.

@nolaegghead

Thank you very much, will give this a shot soon
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,505
    Reverse searing a tri-tip with a little post oak

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dbCooperdbCooper Posts: 1,038
    Yes, old school, I know.  We have binders and index card boxes of heritage recipes and SWMBO types out home of her recipes, prints and binds. Notes written in the borders. She also collects stamps, dubloons, records, CDs and coins if that says anything.

It perhaps says you both married well.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,578
    @poster

Correction, can of Chipotle salsa.  Anyway;

Thanks. Screen shot for later use. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,184
    More ribs, best I’ve ever made, granted only the 3rd time I’ve done pork ribs. Paired with sweet corn.

And as they should be...great color ....just spg? Naked no sauce?
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
    @dbCooper - I am quite sure you are in for quite a protein banquet with that cut.  You may want to venture into the caveman finish after a reverse sear.  Just suggestin' .   B)