Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp V, Oct 20th in New Orleans

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I am glad this thread is still flying under the radar.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    lousubcap said:
    I’m just hoping the actual event will take place without impediment.  Someone joked about Nola peaking with Delta at just the right time, so that when October rolls around, they’ll hopefully be out of the woods.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap said:
    I’m just hoping the actual event will take place without impediment.  Someone joked about Nola peaking with Delta at just the right time, so that when October rolls around, they’ll hopefully be out of the woods.
    @JohnInCarolina I wish I could share your cautious optimism but as you well know in the Greek alphabet the Epsilon ( the next letter but likely not gonna get that tag) variant is just around the corner.  Unless the anti-vaxers (aka F'tards) decide to change their stance we are all gonna be held hostage as you noted prior.   I so wish it were not so.  
    I now mask up every time in any setting outside the home and car.  F' me and everyone else who is being so F'ing selfish.  
    Yes, it it is a F'ing LEO evening.
    To you and your family, stay healthy and safe out there.  Enough Fs for tonight.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 288
    Spoken like a true sailor, mate.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • JohnInCarolina
    @lousubcap - which variety of brown water is on the menu tonight?
  • lousubcap
    The answer is Double Oaked but only to the LEO fuel load level.  Escape velocity fueling will be another day.  B)  However if the 'tards ("F" allocations depleted for the evening) continue then I may order quite the restock.  At least my supply chain is only limited by whether I can find that F key on the key pad, phone or desktop.   =)
  • lousubcap
    edited July 2021
    BTW- for those who wish to further their appreciation of the "F" word-give this link a look.  Be well and don't "F" up.  =)  Had to reload the "F" stock to provide the above enticement for the below.
    Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSEXgQ58AoM  To hopefully get around the forum filters.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Governor of the great state of Louisiana is gonna 99% sure bring back the mask mandate next week. Reported cases high again, hospitals at or nearing capacity. All right when school is due to start in 14 days or so.

These kids don’t need distance learning, they need classroom instruction.

How about this……96 golfers play in a local scramble tournament. 2 days. Multiple rain delays, everyone huddled up somewhere, zero masking (I’m sure)….26 are COVID +, a few in the hospital. Players who were vaccinated all tested negative, those that weren’t are either positive or awaiting a positive test result…..
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    Governor of the great state of Louisiana is gonna 99% sure bring back the mask mandate next week. Reported cases high again, hospitals at or nearing capacity. All right when school is due to start in 14 days or so.

These kids don’t need distance learning, they need classroom instruction.

How about this……96 golfers play in a local scramble tournament. 2 days. Multiple rain delays, everyone huddled up somewhere, zero masking (I’m sure)….26 are COVID +, a few in the hospital. Players who were vaccinated all tested negative, those that weren’t are either positive or awaiting a positive test result…..
    I think I saw a headline yesterday that a children's hospital in Baton Rouge is full.  Obviously not a good sign given that cases are still increasing.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina I wish I could share your cautious optimism but as you well know in the Greek alphabet the Epsilon ( the next letter but likely not gonna get that tag) variant is just around the corner.  Unless the anti-vaxers (aka F'tards) decide to change their stance we are all gonna be held hostage as you noted prior.   I so wish it were not so.  
    I now mask up every time in any setting outside the home and car.  F' me and everyone else who is being so F'ing selfish.  
    Yes, it it is a F'ing LEO evening.
    To you and your family, stay healthy and safe out there.  Enough Fs for tonight.   B)
    Haven’t heard of an Epsilon variant, but there is a Lambda variant that is tearing through Central and South America:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/08/health/lambda-variant-covid-peru.html
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I have been driving around California for the past week and I can say that I’m seeing more people with masks than without, probably 5:1 or more, all demographics and areas, from the Sierras to Silicon Valley to San Joaquin valley to LA.

Hate to see it, but glad to see it.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited July 2021
    Legume said:
    I have been driving around California for the past week and I can say that I’m seeing more people with masks than without, probably 5:1 or more, all demographics and areas, from the Sierras to Silicon Valley to San Joaquin valley to LA.

Im in the San Joaquin Valley , Gateway to the Sierra's in Visalia, you drove right by if hiu went down highway 198 @Legume
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Some things in life can really be discouraging:
    "Nebraska, Iowa governors oppose CDC mask guidance"

“The CDC’s new guidance suggesting that vaccinated people wear masks indoors flies in the face of the public health goals that should guide the agency’s decision making. The CDC announcement only furthers the distrust many have with the CDC and does not help to encourage more people to get the vaccines that are helping bring the pandemic to a conclusion. The State of Nebraska will not be adopting their mask guidance.”

“Furthermore, I will reiterate my expectations for schools and universities in the fall. Schools should convene in person without mask or vaccine requirements.”

“Nebraskans exercise personal responsibility for their own health, and are encouraged to have a conversation with their doctor about the vaccine. These conversations will be important because the virus will be with us forever. Working together, we’ve successfully protected hospital capacity throughout the pandemic. It’s time for the CDC and the government to get out of the way, and to stop trying to tell people how to live their lives.”

Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts

On the upside, I suppose the official tourism slogan is proving to be truthful...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Legume
    lkapigian said:
    Legume said:

Im in the San Joaquin Valley , Gateway to the Sierra's in Visalia, you drove right by if hiu went down highway 198 @Legume
    Bay Area to LA via 5.  Drive into the state via 80
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:
    Legume said:

Bay Area to LA via 5.  Drive into the state via 80
    Enjoy your time here, Pacific Coast Highway is a beautiful drive i
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:
    Legume said:

Bay Area to LA via THE 5.  Drive into the state via THE 80
    Fixed that for ya!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    dmchicago said:
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:
    Legume said:

Bay Area to LA via THE 5.  Drive into the state via THE 80
    Fixed that for ya!

80 is in Northern California and I hopped on 5 in Northern California, so, it’s 80 and 5.
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    @nolaegghead great meeting you in person today after so many years.  Thanks again for lunch and the tour.  Looking forward to BC5 

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • JohnInCarolina
  • Looks like the Democrats are cannibalizing themselves on CNN
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Looks like the Democrats are cannibalizing themselves on CNN
    The only people I know who watch CNN are… Republicans.
  • I get a kick out of the headlines on cnn.com looks like they are calling Biden racist. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    I get a kick out of the headlines on cnn.com looks like they are calling Biden racist. 
    CNN’s main organizing philosophy is engagement, much like social media sites.  They aren’t really trying to inform people, they just want their attention.  These two things are at somewhat of odds with each other.  

The other cable news orgs aren’t any different, really.  I avoid all of it like the plague.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    Looks like the Democrats are cannibalizing themselves on CNN
    The only people I know who watch CNN are… Republicans.

msnbc is more amusing =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    74 percent cases were fully vaccinated and still you dont see many wearing masks. this was a cluster on cape cod last week

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    74 percent cases were fully vaccinated and still you dont see many wearing masks. this was a cluster on cape cod last week

This kind of headline is unfortunate, because people are concluding that vaccination isn’t providing any protection, which is just incorrect.
  • fishlessman

This kind of headline is unfortunate, because people are concluding that vaccination isn’t providing any protection, which is just incorrect.

the headline is a bit misleading but even vaccinated are now carriers spreading it around to vaccinated and unvaccinated. looks like your chances of getting it arent lower, just getting it bad is lower if you are vaccinated. i think i read this was actually in P-town. people really do need to put there mask back on, was in the maine I95 rest stop friday and masks were 1 in a hundred and the lot is full of florida and other southern states, you couldnt find a better way to  distribute coved thru maine
    fukahwee maine

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824

the headline is a bit misleading but even vaccinated are now carriers spreading it around to vaccinated and unvaccinated. looks like your chances of getting it arent lower, just getting it bad is lower if you are vaccinated. i think i read this was actually in P-town. people really do need to put there mask back on, was in the maine I95 rest stop friday and masks were 1 in a hundred and the lot is full of florida and other southern states, you couldnt find a better way to  distribute coved thru maine

Your chances of getting it are lower because it takes a higher viral load for infection to take hold if you are vaccinated.  And then, your body's immune response to the infection is faster and more efficient so you are less likely to have significant symptoms and you will be contagious for a much shorter period of time.
    NOLA
  • fishlessman
    buzd504 said:

Your chances of getting it are lower because it takes a higher viral load for infection to take hold if you are vaccinated.  And then, your body's immune response to the infection is faster and more efficient so you are less likely to have significant symptoms and you will be contagious for a much shorter period of time.

still pretty high chance for the vaccinated to get it, 73 percent of mass has 1 dose already, 74 percent of the new covid cases are vaxed. now locals on the cape arent getting vaccinated like the rest of the state but more summer residences, non cape local, are vaxed. just increases the chances of nonvaxed folk to get it
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    FYI mask mandate back in effect indoors ages 5 & up in Louisiana. Including all schools. Yay