Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited July 2021
    GWN border set to open to fully vaccinated Americans Aug 9 for non essential travel without quarantine, but canucks have to wait till Aug 21 to visit US....in spite of our higher(?) vaccination, stricter masking and lower(?) infection rate, go figure  :s

canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Had to rescue my wife from this Milk Snake 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColtsFan said:
    Had to rescue my wife from this Milk Snake 

They go straight for the boob.

edited July 2021
    A rabbit decided to make a den in our XL green egg base herb garden. Been watching it and putting lettuce outside for a couple weeks the babies are finally venturing out. They let us pet their heads and dont seem scared. Have seen 3 outside the nest but not sure how many total there are. Kids really like checking on them.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Watching the 2020 Olympics live.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    edited July 2021
    I have a friends wife who absolutely refuses to get vaccinated.  I just don't understand.  It's like reasoning with a wall, or others on here.  (won't mention any names, lol)

wonder who on here hasnt gotten vaccinated.  ive heard excuses like....ive already had the virus i think .....i was sick alot as a kid so i think im immune....

shouting out:   so if you are not getting vaccinated, please explain =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    In the summer meeting of the ASCAC, for the DOE.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    No flames John?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    lousubcap said:
    @Foghorn - Talk about impacting those beyond yourself.  I cannot understand the selfish nature of those who refuse the vax.  I have read numerous articles and heard many interviews but cannot grasp selecting the option of playing roulette with death (never mind spreading the virus) as opposed to the potential side effects.  
    I don't see a near-term (or potentially long-term) way out of this given the hard-over stance many have taken.  
    It has got to be extracting an even greater toll on the front-line workers this time given the availability of the vaccine that was not present 7-8 months ago.  Of course there is a healthy percentage of health care workers who have opted to not receive the vaccine.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there and thank you and your colleagues for all you do.
    Thank you @lousubcap.  These are definitely interesting times.  Because of the reasonable vaccination rate in our area the predictions suggest that it is unlikely that we will have to shut down all elective surgeries and have us surgeons run a COVID ICU like we have done twice before, but we'll see.  It has definitely strained the professionals in ways we/they have never previously been pushed.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    I have a friends wife who absolutely refuses to get vaccinated.  I just don't understand.  It's like reasoning with a wall, or others on here.  (won't mention any names, lol)

wonder who on here hasnt gotten vaccinated.  ive heard excuses like....ive already had the virus i think .....i was sick alot as a kid so i think im immune....

shouting out:   so if you are not getting vaccinated, please explain =)
    "Im guessing the whole nobody knows the long term effects of the vaccine would be the main reason. I know you are the smart one but thats what common sense told me."
    canuckland
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816

@fishlessman

I will not get vaccinated because my healthy 23 year old nephew got the shot and was in ICU for 6 weeks on a ventilator after the shot. The doctors told the family it was due to the shot. The doctors told his sister to not get the shot becuase of this.

Go ahead, make this political if you want, the kid was told he likely wouldn't make it alive off the vent. He has been home for 2 weeks now and is gaining strength.

I saw it.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I will not get vaccinated because my healthy 23 year old nephew got the shot and was in ICU for 6 weeks on a ventilator after the shot. The doctors told the family it was due to the shot. The doctors told his sister to not get the shot becuase of this.

Go ahead, make this political if you want, the kid was told he likely wouldn't make it alive off the vent. He has been home for 2 weeks now and is gaining strength.

I saw it.

What complications did he experience, if I may ask?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

If the doctors told the sister that, it’s likely he had some kind of super rare, almost allergic reaction to something in the vaccine.  

But millions of other people… have not experienced anything close to that.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

By the way, weren’t you eligible to get the vaccine before your nephew did?
  • alaskanassasin
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

If the doctors told the sister that, it’s likely he had some kind of super rare, almost allergic reaction to something in the vaccine.  

The same could be said for the virus…
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

The same could be said for the virus…
    This is not the smart argument you think it is.
  • alaskanassasin
    ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    I am cruising in LEO but even up here (earth at least USA lookin like wild fires and the polar bears are wondering WTF...) I am unable to comprehend why anyone would play with death roulette given the alternative of the vaccine aka juice.  However, I am old.  I have much more but decorum and preservation of this thread precludes further comment.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

Not discounting the experience or story- but this has to be more rare than catching a leprechaun laying pipe with the tooth fairy. Get the shot- don’t make this political- science doesn’t take sides. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Canugghead
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

My kid and nieces got vaccinated before me because they're front line workers  ;)
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

My kid and nieces got vaccinated before me because they're front line workers  ;)
    I detect sarcasm.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    State Trooper succumbed to his injuries today after being ran over the other day. Another tough day in Southern Nevada. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    You know we have an entire thread for this on the Off Topic forum?
  • JohnInCarolina
    State Trooper succumbed to his injuries today after being ran over the other day. Another tough day in Southern Nevada. 
    Yikes.  Sorry man.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    You know we have an entire thread for this on the Off Topic forum?
    There’s an Off Topic forum?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Wolfpack said:
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

Not discounting the experience or story- but this has to be more rare than catching a leprechaun laying pipe with the tooth fairy. Get the shot- don’t make this political- science doesn’t take sides. 
    Also, the vaccination is not 100% and the immunity builds for 2 weeks after each shot. 1 week after 1 shot is not immune, so easy to catch Covid and get sick. Any doctor stating it's the vaccine casuing the illness is just guessing, because it's more likely to be Covid. Science > politics, get vaccinated.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

glad he is on the mend. my area got hit pretty hard, know way to many that have had it including both siblings, one has it right now. dad lost a friend and two others ive known didnt make it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I saw it.

glad he is on the mend. my area got hit pretty hard, know way to many that have had it including both siblings, one has it right now. dad lost a friend and two others ive known didnt make it
    From covid, or from getting the vaccine?