Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,502
    Stormy night here. Watched a massive shelf cloud come in last night that was tornado warned. It never did drop but it was one of the most impressive that I’ve seen here. Downtown restaurants and bars flooded. 6.75” of rain in 12 hours. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• EoinEoin Posts: 3,894
    Spread out the chilli plants. Slow start this year because of cold weather, but growing well now.

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,487
    ColtsFan said:
    Stormy night here. Watched a massive shelf cloud come in last night that was tornado warned. It never did drop but it was one of the most impressive that I’ve seen here. Downtown restaurants and bars flooded. 6.75” of rain in 12 hours. 

@ColtsFan
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 4,480
    ColtsFan said:

Wow! I watched it roll by to the south of us, never closer than 5 miles or so away.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,169
    Weather was ho-hum through the night.  Looks normal outside now.  All that rain stayed well east of us.

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,030
    Back home from the beach.  Nice week out there.  Unusually cool - mid 80's, sunny all week.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • Back home from the beach.  Nice week out there.  Unusually cool - mid 80's, sunny all week.  
    Nice, John. Haven’t spent too much time here as of late… where’d you get to?
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,030
    Back home from the beach.  Nice week out there.  Unusually cool - mid 80's, sunny all week.  
    Nice, John. Haven’t spent too much time here as of late… where’d you get to?
    Holden Beach, NC
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • SGHSGH Posts: 28,101
    @Foghorn @nolaegghead
    Thought about y’all today. 

If I’m doing the math correct, the next turd I drop should be from the catfish. Might get a closeup pic for you two. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DuckDogDrDuckDogDr Posts: 1,303
    Rough weekend here at ER saw alot of the worst of people ..and only 1/2 way through at this point. 
    Have an animal abuse case ....which is actually more rare than people portray or suspect.
    She was brought in by Sherriff...doesn't make sense as she is a sweet little dog; she will be ok in long run.

Then had another dog come in had been shot by the neighbor for falling asleep on the wrong porch after she got out of the yard.

Then had 2 arsehole clients ..

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,487
    Watching a brisket cook. Happy Father’s Day gents
  • JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 1,243
    I was up early doing some “WEED” spraying and came across this little gem growing happily 😂
    Here in VA it will be decriminalized on July 1.  A household can grow 4 plants and you can possess (on your person) one ounce.  I'm already a state licensed CBD hemp grower. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
    JethroVA said:
    I was up early doing some “WEED” spraying and came across this little gem growing happily 😂
    Here in VA it will be decriminalized on July 1.  A household can grow 4 plants and you can possess (on your person) one ounce.  I'm already a state licensed CBD hemp grower. 
    You should know that is not the reefer then!

South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • EoinEoin Posts: 3,894
    Made a vegan burger mix - black beans, rice, tofu, chard, cashew nuts, mushrooms and leeks. Added some home made chipotle style chilli / sauce at the end and a bit of gram flour to get the right consistency.

• abtaylor260abtaylor260 Posts: 209
    SGH said:
    Enjoying all you can eat catfish.

Never had whole fried. Im fishing for tonight if I catch some that size I know what I’m doing with them! Delicious 
  • SGHSGH Posts: 28,101
    Never had whole fried. Im fishing for tonight if I catch some that size I know what I’m doing with them! Delicious 
    1-2.5 pounds is the perfect size in my opinion. Good luck fishing 🎣 my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

I think my couch is on the EVER GIVEN.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 4,511
    Went to a family get together today. The nephew that I gave my medium to smoked a Boston butt in his dad’s electric smoker. He rubbed it with mustard then coated it with the Spicey Pineapplehead that I had given him. After 14 hours it still didn’t pull quite as well as previous butts. I told him that the meat drives the cook. Also that the pig tried to be as tough as he could be at the slaughter house.
    Making sh*t

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 9,312
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,351
    As mentioned below by @ColtsFan -sad ending to quite an impressive ride.  Thank's for the video.
    Someone is having a bad day. A friend sent me this; they are in Vegas.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • PigBeanUsPigBeanUs Posts: 865
    24 hours into operation "colon blow" in preparation of a pipe inspection later today.

trust me when i say you dont want to be awake for a guided tour
    That’s why I always get you drunk first

(not an easy thing to do)
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 28,076
    PigBeanUs said:
    24 hours into operation "colon blow" in preparation of a pipe inspection later today.

trust me when i say you dont want to be awake for a guided tour
    That’s why I always get you drunk first

(not an easy thing to do)

not thinking youre much of a match for that 6 foot snake
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it