Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Interesting Mayo @nolaegghead
    From food and wine mag:  Kewpie is a little different than American mayo, because it's made with only egg yolks—not whole eggs—and with rice or apple vinegar and no added salt or sugar. It's bottled in a slim red-and-clear container, with an emblematic baby for its logo. But the real secret to Kewpie's cult-following is a healthy dose of MSG.Jan 30, 2019
    @Foghorn - that is some spread once all assembled.  Great results right there.  No worries as you will definitely get the call for the next one.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    @Foghorn
    I love how the smoker is right there still pumping smoke out dual stacks.
    Nice work.  I can imagine what those tables looked like 20 minutes after that picture was taken.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Foghorn said:
    Near to far:

brisket

pork ribs

chicken thighs (the star of the show - I’ve actually never tasted a better piece of chicken - the skin was crispy and the glaze was perfect)

smoked mac and cheese

smoked HATCH CHILI mac and cheese (the other star)

burnt ends

Awesome Job @Foghorn
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Thanks @lousubcap, @kl8ton, @lkapigian.

It was a very fun day.  Learned some more about offsets over the weekend as I struggled with mine on Saturday and had a much easier time with the one in the pics - with the exception of putting some ribs too close to the firebox and overcooking them on the bottom.  That actually worked perfectly for the chicken thighs.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Foghorn said:
    Thanks @lousubcap, @kl8ton, @lkapigian.

It was a very fun day.  Learned some more about offsets over the weekend as I struggled with mine on Saturday and had a much easier time with the one in the pics - with the exception of putting some ribs too close to the firebox and overcooking them on the bottom.  That actually worked perfectly for the chicken thighs.  
    Solid work.....chicken is always a hit, as well as mac and cheese for sure....of all the stuff we throw down the biggest request is the mac and cheese....I hate making it, I don't it it but, oh well 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @nolaegghead - You da Man!  Always a winner and a brisket along the way!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I had a check engine light show up on my dash. Which was a little surprising. I've never had it light up before. Nothing seemed wrong. I get home and open up the hood and started to look to see if I could see anything visually. I notice one or the battery terminals looked like it could use a cleaning. I pull the cables off and clean the posts. Without thinking, I grab the battery cable to place back on the battery post I just cleaned with the wrench still in my hand. When I went to grab the cable the wrench must have brushed up against the positive and negative posts. Dang if that didn't spark and send some voltage up my arm. I thought my hand was on fire in that split second. My pinky finger appears to be blistering up.

Kind of funny how you can see where the wrench was between the two blister marks. 

Fortunately it was just a bad connection on the truck. No more check engine light on and the OBD scanner isn't pulling up any codes. I just have to shake my head at myself sometimes.... =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited June 2021
    Nothing like a shot of electrical juice to get your attention.  I have not been juiced by a car battery but I have been sparked with good 'ol 110 V a few times. 
    The worst was when I was quite young (right after electricity was invented).  I reached up to turn on a drop light in my uncle's garage.  I was barefoot and became a straight short to the floor.  I was challenged to finally let go of the switch.  That one was even more searing than peeing on an electric fence and failing to break the stream.   B)
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Perusing honors class recommendations and entering course requests for SWMBO Jr’s first year of high school in the fall.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Suprised nobody has mentioned the cyberattack over the weekend that has essentially shut down 1/5 of U.S. beef production for several days now.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Wrapping some ribs. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Suprised nobody has mentioned the cyberattack over the weekend that has essentially shut down 1/5 of U.S. beef production for several days now.
    Vegan hackers?
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    Just got my first pfizer shot. This was the first available time to my age group.
    We are a bit behind up here 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    I have decided to never, ever, tangle with a teenage girl.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9OJ-pcEbtQ

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2021
    Botch said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9OJ-pcEbtQ
    That was probably the dumbest decision of her life that just happened to work out in her favor. One swipe to her face from that bear and it would have been a different headline.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    Bear abuse!  I can't bear to watch it.
    @TEXASBGE2018 the bear could have easily pulled her over with it, there is something to be said for striking first.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Botch said:
    Your comment is so much different without the attached video.
  • Battleborn
    The 7th circle of hell portion of the year has arrived. 

Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Makin bacon, for the first time if you can believe it.  

And no, that’s not a euphemism, you sick bastids.  Pork belly is in the cure as I type this.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I came back home to find that we most have had a torrential downpour. My guest decided to ride it out on my porch.
  • nolaegghead
    I came back home to find that we most have had a torrential downpour. My guest decided to ride it out on my porch.
    Mitch!  Are you OK?!