Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    @kl8ton , at the end of the class I'll start a thread with everything ...

Scald tank and manual scrape , old school, I'm used to a machine 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian

Just for Scottie @SGH Tying off the Anus before removing the Pluck

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Cleaning up the Mazda in preparation for trade in. It’s amazing what you find when you deep clean. Owners manuals, a machete, 6.5 Creedmore ammo and ear protection. Now to go vacuum before the rain moves back in.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    @Ikapigian - If making Scrapple is part of the class, wear a good mask.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lkapigian said:
    Day 1 of my Butchery/ Charcuterie Class...the kill

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    HeavyG said:
    @HeavyG I poked a pin hole at the top and scotch taped it after releasing some pressure, the bag is still like a balloon so it's a good indication no air entered. Will wait few more days. Thanks for your advice.

How long do you usually let carrots ride in the bag before eating them?
    It's my first experiment with carrots. First attempt with cabbage, mustard green, celery (all in first photo) went 10-12 days but didn't puff anywhere near this.  
    @HeavyG Opened the carrots after 7 days and taste tested... easier to bite than raw and still crunchy, nice saltiness and sourness, however sweetness is totally gone. Don't have a baseline to compare, decided to reseal and give it few more days. Also started a cucumber.

canuckland
  • lkapigian
    HeavyG said:
    @HeavyG I poked a pin hole at the top and scotch taped it after releasing some pressure, the bag is still like a balloon so it's a good indication no air entered. Will wait few more days. Thanks for your advice.

How long do you usually let carrots ride in the bag before eating them?
    It's my first experiment with carrots. First attempt with cabbage, mustard green, celery (all in first photo) went 10-12 days but didn't puff anywhere near this.  
    @HeavyG Opened the carrots after 7 days and taste tested... easier to bite than raw and still crunchy, nice saltiness and sourness, however sweetness is totally gone. Don't have a baseline to compare, decided to reseal and give it few more days. Also started a cucumber.

Sweetness shoukd be concealing with Any saly taste , sour should be dominate. ...carrots stay super crunchy when fermented 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    @lkapigian Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    canuckland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lkapigian said:

We call that “The Hand In Heaven” 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Celebrating.  One of my top PhD recruits is coming to join my lab at Duke next fall.  We beat out Penn, USC, and Ohio State for her talents.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just baked 230 cookies.
    Hungry lil fella?
  • lkapigian
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:

We call that “The Hand In Heaven” 👍
    Lol
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Just baked 230 cookies.
    I can put a hurt on those if any are still around Saturday.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Reading online reviews of golf clubs. The tech has changed so much since I last played regularly....
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Ended up washing and waxing the Mazda. I tried the quickly spray wax and that was a big mistake. Went back and got Mother’s carnuba paste wax. Wax on , wax off and two coats
  • Ended up washing and waxing the Mazda. I tried the quickly spray wax and that was a big mistake. Went back and got Mother’s carnuba paste wax. Wax on , wax off and two coats
    The quick spray stuff can be really streaky. There was a period where I was pretty obsessive with waxing my car. I used to get great results waxing on a coat of Nu Finish and removing it before then applying Meguiar’s Ultimate Synthetic before waxing it off. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    lkapigian said:

@lkapigian    Dude!!!  That is incredible!!!  Enjoy Every. Single. Minute.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850

Protracted, staccato round of fixtures as the FA Cup punctuates a schedule spanning seven days.  About that, merely Man City’s chance of attaining four titles is the only byline of note. Champions League progress and qualification are the loudest discussion points because just one relegation spot remains vaguely up for grabs.  

Tonight

Everton v Spurs, parallel seasons of ‘what might have been’ drawing to a close. The Toffees have the brightest future but anxieties abound for each, 1-1

Saturday

Newcastle v West Ham, the Hammers have to take all three here to stay in the mix for CL next year. And they will 0-2

Wolves v Sheff Utd, 2-0 and of no relevance to anyone.

Sunday

Arsenal v Fulham, the hosts’ Euro dream stay alive while the visitors PL sojourn is ebbing towards history. 2-1

Man Utd v Burnley, a sideshow game while Utd push on in Europe. No-one cares about Burnley. 2-0

Monday

Leeds v Liverpool,  like hair and collars - this game was big in the 70’s.  Unencumbered by the CL after Real Madrid eased past them in the week, Big Jurgy’s boys need to stay winning in the PL to qualify next year. 1-2.

Tuesday

Chelsea v Brighton, the battle for fourth is hot hot hot.  You can throw a blanket over 4 teams fighting for 2 spots. Tommy T’s Blues have shows all the minerals to land it, but there remains much to do.  Despatching the filthy Seagulls should be a mere baby-step on the journey. 0-2

Wednesday 

Spurs v Southampton, Maths suggests that Spurs might still be in the final European place (5th).  Let’s assume they are and have their mojo intact. 2-0 

Villa v Man City, The hosts have manifest as a one man team by nose-diving since Grealish got crook. Citeh don’t get out of third gear for a 0-2 stroll in the sunshine. 

Thursday

Leicester v West Brom, too much at stake for Splendid Brendan to slip up against the relegation loitering Baggies despite their recent dead cat bounce. 2-1

In the side-bar,  tomorrow Stoke host Preston North End the team with the most redundant suffix ever because there is neither a Preston South End nor Preston North Start.  1-1

Fingers crossed we convene again this time next week and not sheltering from fall-out after it all goes kinetic in Ukraine.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    CPFC1905 said:

Protracted, staccato round of fixtures as the FA Cup punctuates a schedule spanning seven days.  About that, merely Man City’s chance of attaining four titles is the only byline of note. Champions League progress and qualification are the loudest discussion points because just one relegation spot remains vaguely up for grabs.  

Tonight

Everton v Spurs, parallel seasons of ‘what might have been’ drawing to a close. The Toffees have the brightest future but anxieties abound for each, 1-1

Saturday

Newcastle v West Ham, the Hammers have to take all three here to stay in the mix for CL next year. And they will 0-2

Sunday

Arsenal v Fulham, the hosts’ Euro dream stay alive while the visitors PL sojourn is ebbing towards history. 2-1

Man Utd v Burnley, a sideshow game while Utd push on in Europe. No-one cares about Burnley. 2-0

Monday

Leeds v Liverpool,  like hair and collars - this game was big in the 70’s.  Unencumbered by the CL after Real Madrid eased past them in the week, Big Jurgy’s boys need to stay winning in the PL to qualify next year. 1-2.

Tuesday

Chelsea v Brighton, the battle for fourth is hot hot hot.  You can throw a blanket over 4 teams fighting for 2 spots. Tommy T’s Blues have shows all the minerals to land it, but there remains much to do.  Despatching the filthy Seagulls should be a mere baby-step on the journey. 0-2

Wednesday 

Spurs v Southampton, Maths suggests that Spurs might still be in the final European place (5th).  Let’s assume they are and have their mojo intact. 2-0 

Villa v Man City, The hosts have manifest as a one man team by nose-diving since Grealish got crook. Citeh don’t get out of third gear for a 0-2 stroll in the sunshine. 

Thursday

Leicester v West Brom, too much at stake for Splendid Brendan to slip up against the relegation loitering Baggies despite their recent dead cat bounce. 2-1

In the side-bar,  tomorrow Stoke host Preston North End the team with the most redundant suffix ever because there is neither a Preston South End nor Preston North Start.  1-1

Fingers crossed we convene again this time next week and not sheltering from fall-out after it all goes kinetic in Ukraine.

As always, thanks for that.  Amazingly, it appears that you have predicted the correct outcome for nearly every match.  I actually think that Burnley care about Burnley and that Man U are tired.  I'll go with 1-1 there.  I'll also suggest that while Liverpool may be tired, they are more pissed and that Leeds are going to pay the price for it.  3-0 in favor of the Scousers in that one.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @Eoin I think you asked about road taxes at the pump once.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    Sea2Ski said:
    lkapigian said:

@lkapigian    Dude!!!  That is incredible!!!  Enjoy Every. Single. Minute.  
    Thanks @Sea2Ski , next 2 days will be amazing....we ended the day with a Slaughter Day Offal Fry 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    just averaged out my blood pressure from january til today.  115/71   med is cut way back, almost want to drop it and see what happens. the goal wasnt this low
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    CPFC1905 said:

Seems like a great idea. For me the perfect response is to pull over, roll down the front and rear window on whichever side I approach. Either have license, registration (if needed) and insurance in hand or hands on the steering wheel. 

I write very few tickets because I find most things hypocritical. The only 100% tickets I write are no insurance, running red lights/stop signs and not having kids strapped in. If there are a bunch of infractions, I typically only write for one of them. 

Attitude goes a long way in how an interaction is going to go. From both the cop and the driver. I already know someone is pissed off that they got pulled over. I try my best to explain the reason they are pulled over and reasons why they may be receiving a ticket and any number of other outcomes they could have had (additional citations, impounding vehicles, arrests...).  For me it is about treating people respectfully and not being a douche. That has made 99.9% of my traffic enforcement interactions positive and most of the time people thank me afterwords. 
    Back in the 90's we used the term 'attitude test' but were told it was naughty and had to stop.  But the fundamental of 'behaviour breeds behaviour' has stood the test of time.

More recently 'procedural justice' has been promoted,  here's an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi8-FN3qry8&t=32s 

I was not enthusiastic about issuing tickets.  Stopping the car and pointing out the offence was usually sufficient action.  I had colleagues who loved it but they also had slender ego's and needed to exercise power for self-affirmation.  They tended to not be around when the fighting started either. 

I once summonsed a doctor (as in clinician) who had 8 passengers in his BMW 5 series.    I didn't do that for the guy who was using his car as a wheel barrow by pushing it along the street with an upturned sofa on the roof.   I also declined the offer of a driver's wife to take the roadside breath test (sobriety test for DUI) on behalf of her husband who was driving whilst steaming drunk.

You couldnt pay me enough to be a cop. This happened Monday started about a half mile from my house. 4 guys from Chicago with ski masks and guns in the car. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UG3ueM92v8g
  • Terpderpitude
    Terpderpitude Posts: 200
    edited April 2021
    Actual police officers: here's a video explaining how we try to de-escalate things when we pull people over, with an appreciation and understanding of racial sensitivities.  Attitude goes a long way, on both sides.  

Lit: here's a video of cops in a high-speed chase with some Chicago thugs who had guns and ski masks!  
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:

Tonight

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday 

Thursday

You can send Priti over to mediate.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Lit said:

You couldnt pay me enough to be a cop. 
    Yeah I think we're all glad that's probably true.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Our fuel duty is the same, petrol and diesel. Currently 58 pence a litre, so approximately $2.88 per US gallon. This is added to the net price of the fuel, then 20% VAT (sales tax) added on top. Yes, we pay sales tax on the fuel tax.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    Eoin said:
    Our fuel duty is the same, petrol and diesel. Currently 58 pence a litre, so approximately $2.88 per US gallon. This is added to the net price of the fuel, then 20% VAT (sales tax) added on top. Yes, we pay sales tax on the fuel tax.

taxes on taxes, time to throw the tea into the channel
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    See the guys in NI for effective protest, it's petrol bombs not tea.