Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    edited April 2021
    Botch said:

Raycon E25s, my first set of earbuds.  
    Now I need to figure out how to put music on my phone.  :blush:  
    Old fossils like use could use iTunes since we have the iPhone. Newer people use Spotify. 
    Heh, when I found and opened my iPhone (~1 year old) today, it told me I needed to re-enter my Apple password.  I did, and I got the spinning wheel for about 20 minutes.  I hit "Cancel", went back in, re-entered my password again, and got the spinning wheel again.  Got distracted, then this evening looked at my phone: "There was a problem with the Server.  Please try again later."  
    I like CDs.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I have been using iTunes since 2004, originally on a PC. Lately they have been trying to get me to sign up for Apple Music, I buy music I don’t rent it.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    @Gulfcoastguy @Botch if you have an Amazon prime account, they have a pretty decent music library from searching it for specific songs.  I mostly listen to a couple Pandora stations I’ve listened to for over a decade, just have to listen to the occasional add.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    I have been using iTunes since 2004, originally on a PC. Lately they have been trying to get me to sign up for Apple Music, I buy music I don’t rent it.

I used to, but it's impossible to buy the full variety of music that you get on Spotify.  I listen to new stuff every day, anything I feel like listening to at any time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    It' doesn't have to be buy OR rent. Do both.
    I'll still buy the stuff I really like and want to support and I am more than happy to pay a few bucks a month to have access to stuff I may only occasionally listen to or to explore new stuff.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Just ordered Kamado Joe Lump from Costco and a rig from CGS. I’m hoping both come in time to use for a Masters cook. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Just ordered Kamado Joe Lump from Costco and a rig from CGS. I’m hoping both come in time to use for a Masters cook. 

Just an FYI, I order my KJ from Costco on 3/19. Just received it yesterday
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan said:

Just an FYI, I order my KJ from Costco on 3/19. Just received it yesterday
    Too bad, but I’ve got plenty of lump.  The last 4 bags of Royal Oak have just been the smallest coals so I wanted to try something new. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    @Mustache_Vol You'll like the KJ Big Block
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @nolaegghead - I've gotta admit that in the real world, the one time I came off a step ladder and stepped on a lego it did quite a number.  The colour of the piece became a bright rad and the depth of the incision was impressive.  
    If only the above were on the market on 4/2.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I bought an ECU tune for my S5 today.

All I can say is, holy $hit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    DMW said:

What year s5 do you have?  I’ve been toying around the idea of getting one.  The 2 dr model has been occupying my thoughts for a bit. 
  • DMW
    U_tarded said:
    DMW said:

What year s5 do you have?  I’ve been toying around the idea of getting one.  The 2 dr model has been occupying my thoughts for a bit. 
    I have a 2014 I picked up about 6 weeks ago, love it so far, even more so after the ECU tune.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    DMW said:

These fascinate me and have done since the 80's.   Cards on the table - I have owned a few Audi A4's & watch a lot of car channels on the Ewe Chube.   In fact I have considered 'chipping' just about every car I have owned and done zero (well I did one, temporarily back in the early 90's).

I am tempted to get a Carly, the OBD plug in to fiddle with the ECU settings and clear codes,  don't think it extends to power upgrades though.

I see this is Stage 1, so thats all ECU and no mechanical changes?   That torque bump is nice - gets you away up the street and through the bends quicker.  The power bump is right up the top though - do you rev that far with the DSG?

Does your S5 have Soundaktor?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks like it's also extending the redline from around 6400 to 7200.  That's likely a fuel cut-off.

I think DMW (aka "D-Wayne-Dawg") said he was going to get his TCU remapped also.
    For $629 I can add 175hp and 470 lb-Ft of torque to my 06’ Cummins 3500. Some how I have managed to no go there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    If they made one for my 8.3l Cummins semi truck I would buy it in a second that thing is a turd.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868

Now that’s interesting.   I use both of those scales individually all the time when making pizza.  Smart of them to put them together.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    I can't find a 'what are you thinking of buying thread' so,  has anyone used a Hellrazr?  I am a little bit tempted because I was planning MMX, then saw these.
    They are made by our French speaking, very polite cousins.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 464
    Just ordered Kamado Joe Lump from Costco and a rig from CGS. I’m hoping both come in time to use for a Masters cook. 
    That's the best lump if you ask me!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• For $629 I can add 175hp and 470 lb-Ft of torque to my 06’ Cummins 3500. Some how I have managed to no go there.
    Auto or Manual?  Would suggest looking into a clutch or torque convertor either way..  Be sure to watch EGTs and if towing you may want to consider a different Turbo.  Also it can be costly if you drop an injector.  
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • alaskanassasin
    For $629 I can add 175hp and 470 lb-Ft of torque to my 06’ Cummins 3500. Some how I have managed to no go there.
    Auto or Manual?  Would suggest looking into a clutch or torque convertor either way..  Be sure to watch EGTs and if towing you may want to consider a different Turbo.  Also it can be costly if you drop an injector.  

Auto. I have managed to stay away from chips this long, the truck is completely stock.  I know a really good diesel mechanic he quoted me $24k to make it nuts and last.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    CPFC1905 said:
    DMW said:

These fascinate me and have done since the 80's.   Cards on the table - I have owned a few Audi A4's & watch a lot of car channels on the Ewe Chube.   In fact I have considered 'chipping' just about every car I have owned and done zero (well I did one, temporarily back in the early 90's).

I am tempted to get a Carly, the OBD plug in to fiddle with the ECU settings and clear codes,  don't think it extends to power upgrades though.

I see this is Stage 1, so thats all ECU and no mechanical changes?   That torque bump is nice - gets you away up the street and through the bends quicker.  The power bump is right up the top though - do you rev that far with the DSG?

Does your S5 have Soundaktor?
    Correct, this is ECU software only. The DSG shift point is set at 6500RPM from factory, so I'm not really able to take advantage of that top line power bump yet. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the TCU upgrade that APR offers before too long...

I had no idea was Soundaktor was, now I need to figure out if my 2014 has it. If I'm getting fake engine sounds in the cabin, that will bug me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• alaskanassasin
    edited April 2021
    I would chip a car.  Though in my line of work we like to see how much things can pull and honestly I am already way too familiar with replacing U joints on the dodge.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• For $629 I can add 175hp and 470 lb-Ft of torque to my 06’ Cummins 3500. Some how I have managed to no go there.

Auto. I have managed to stay away from chips this long, the truck is completely stock.  I know a really good diesel mechanic he quoted me $24k to make it nuts and last.
    No need to go further then.  I stuck with a 12v until the frame rotted away.
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • alaskanassasin

No need to go further then.  I stuck with a 12v until the frame rotted away.

Rust sucks
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Got a new America the Beautiful annual pass.  And some wine, will go pick that up this afternoon.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• alaskanassasin
    That is exactly what I thought @JohnInCarolina. Seemed like a practical solution.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.