Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I pulled the trigger on a joetisserie today.  This website costs me more money than my ex-wife!

Only $130 on Amazon today.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

Saw this on some video as a ramen cheat, and the "Buy Now" button was activated.  
    After looking at the (Japanese) company's website, apparently Indian curry was brought to Britain by the colonists, then brought to Japan where it also became popular.  No mention of how Vermont figures into this.  
    Tablets that need to be refrigerated once opened, so a bit fancier than bullion cubes, but the box has the biggest ingredient list I've ever seen, so it must be healthy.  I'll report back when I make something with them.   

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Picked up a ham at Aldi for Easter, it was $9.90 for a 9.5lb ham!

LBGE
    AL
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

New washer and dryer. We were planning on front loaders but after looking they all felt flimsy and cheaply put together. Our current whirlpools aren't gone yet but both are on their last leg. I'd try to repair them but honestly not worth it. This pair seemed to be the consensus best rated top load washer and large capacity dryer. It seems to be a crap shoot on these things nowadays even if buying a speed queen.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options

New washer and dryer. We were planning on front loaders but after looking they all felt flimsy and cheaply put together. Our current whirlpools aren't gone yet but both are on their last leg. I'd try to repair them but honestly not worth it. This pair seemed to be the consensus best rated top load washer and large capacity dryer. It seems to be a crap shoot on these things nowadays even if buying a speed queen.
    I was going to say Speed Queen. That’s our next pair when the current Maytags play out (hopefully on time soon)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    Our current whirlpools aren't gone yet but both are on their last leg. I'd try to repair them but honestly not worth it. 
    @TEXASBGE2018, I'm curious, how old are your Whirlpools?  I bought mine in '96; I had a small repair done on the washer some years ago but they're still going strong (granted, I only do two loads a week or so).  
    I would always read washer/dryer/refrigerator comparisons in Consumer Reports when I still subscribed, and it did appear appliances are now precision-designed to last 2, 3 weeks past their Warranty.  The two that repaired my washer told me to hang on to the set as long as I could, they were from the repairable, "good ol' days".  (I do realize how their bread is buttered, though, too)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Botch said:
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    Our current whirlpools aren't gone yet but both are on their last leg. I'd try to repair them but honestly not worth it. 
    @TEXASBGE2018, I'm curious, how old are your Whirlpools?  I bought mine in '96; I had a small repair done on the washer some years ago but they're still going strong (granted, I only do two loads a week or so).  
    I would always read washer/dryer/refrigerator comparisons in Consumer Reports when I still subscribed, and it did appear appliances are now precision-designed to last 2, 3 weeks past their Warranty.  The two that repaired my washer told me to hang on to the set as long as I could, they were from the repairable, "good ol' days".  (I do realize how their bread is buttered, though, too)
    They are about 15 years old. Bought them before we had kiddos and they were fine but kids have gotten older. They have been getting a beating getting used every day and with a soon to be teenager and another preteen, I don't see them lasting another year or 2. So just figured go ahead and upgrade to larger capacity now.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Lots of live plants to replace dead plants!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Scott805 said:
    Lots of live plants to replace dead plants!
    Have never seen you post before, but just wanted to say that I love your profile photo. I’ve got a girl a few years ahead of yours, and also a son about her age.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Thank you!  Turned five in December.  They grow up fast!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Need a new pair of sunglasses. My 10 yo Revo's finally cracked. Eyeballin' these -

https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/sunglasses/RIC-97963819046
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Need a new pair of sunglasses. My 10 yo Revo's finally cracked. Eyeballin' these -

the company that owns them has horrible reviews so just beware
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Been fixin' the gas mower a lot lately....couldn't pass this deal up:

There's only about 800 square feet of grass to mow, should have done this long ago.

edited April 2021
    Options
    SonVolt said:

heres some of the reviews, this company is buying everybody. i think maui jims is still on their own but will look them up when i replace the ones i own

fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    Options
    SonVolt said:

From what I understand, Essilor Luxottica has a near monopoly on sunglasses, owning all the major brands - Ray Bands, Oakley, Costa Del Mar etc.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Not sure of the brand... @SonVolt

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • EastTNBGE
    EastTNBGE Posts: 74
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I was going to say Speed Queen. That’s our next pair when the current Maytags play out (hopefully on time soon)
    I agree with this.  Did a lot of research a year ago thinking our top load agitator washer was going out.  It is at least 15 or more years old.  Everything kept pointing towards Speed Queen instead of the other name brands that need replacing more often and are harder to repair.  

East TN- Large BGE, Cyber Q, Kick-Ash-Basket, Smokeware Cap, Anova Sous Vide, Pizza Stones

#BBN

• fishlessman
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

From what I understand, Essilor Luxottica has a near monopoly on sunglasses, owning all the major brands - Ray Bands, Oakley, Costa Del Mar etc.

i havent dealt with them yet but my eyes are light and burn in the sun, its a beeetch coming in from off shore and i cant make out the colors of the channel markers.  oakley was off the list before the buyout. have gone thru my share and the mauis impressed me the most. i need good polarized, anti back glare glasses
    fukahwee maine

• GIG_Smoker
    Options
    I've got a great pair of Serengetis.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    @fishlessman - As you well know, it only gets more challenging with age.  Any issues with picking up traffic light lens colors.
    Always, remember "Red, Reft, Reaving" when heading out the channel.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Options

is de rigo vision owned by Essilor Luxottica
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @fishlessman - As you well know, it only gets more challenging with age.  Any issues with picking up traffic light lens colors.
    Always, remember "Red, Reft, Reaving" when heading out the channel.   =)

no problem in the car but in the boat with water glare and a bottle of visine. one scratch in a pair of oakleys and im color blind and in pain.  big hat and descent sunglasses is a must
    fukahwee maine

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    @SonVolt if you can find a pair you like at jamas shop you can save some serious money. 

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColbyLang
    Options
  • SonVolt
    edited April 2021
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    @SonVolt if you can find a pair you like at jamas shop you can save some serious money. 

Out of Stock! Ugh. That's a solid $100 savings. 

https://www.jomashop.com/costa-del-mar-sunglasses-ric-98-obmglp.html

I did buy a watch there a few years back. It was legit, even if it is grey market. 
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Not sure if you cracked the frame or lenses.  I just replaced the cracked lenses on a pair of Maui Jims over the winter from https://www.thesunglassfix.com/  I'd give the replacements a strong B+, the only noticeable difference is the curvature of the lens doesn't perfectly match the top frame, but that could also be from years of me abusing the MJs.  Company is located in Australia, I paid the extra $4.95 for expedited shipping and received them in under 2 weeks with x-mas and new years in between. 
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    SonVolt said:

FWIW:  I love my Costas. I have had them for 8 and 7 years.  I am on the water a lot and I have found that if you get a pair of glasses with the right color lenses that fit tight to your face, those things are more important than brand.

Are these for the water? 
    I have the Fathom because the frame fits me and do not let any light in. Not even on the sides.  I have them in  580g lens in blue mirror for bright light, and another pair in the 580P in green mirror for all other conditions.  The green lets in too much light if on the water on bright days for me.  But in nearly all other conditions, they are just about perfect.
    The times I have had to send them back, everything was replaced for free (mine are prescription so my eye dr takes care of it all - even shipping.)

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Replacement blades and wheels for the Honda self propelled mower. At 4 years old, it was time. Sharpened blades regularly, the originals will be kept as spares