Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options
    Haven’t had a grilled burger in probably 4 months, this hit the spot.

thats on for the weekend, i dont think ive had a real burger since the summer, just fast food
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I made some wings... dusted with Dizzy Dust and cornstarch, smoked in Traeger 350F about 40 min, dunked in bbq sauce and cornstarch sucked up the sauce like sponge...

Pale in comparison to swmbo's salmon head curry from scratch... she collected pointers from multiple sources, ingredients include tomato, tamarind and coconut milk...

ive never done anything with the salmon head other than the cheeks.  do you braise or bake the whole thing down and flake out the meat or fillet it off first
    fukahwee maine

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Not sure, but this is perhaps the greatest thread title on the forum.  Only thing better would have been "Dr. Fork"

The thread that prompted its creation was pretty entertaining.
    Funny how Pete’s largely MIA since then.  I wonder if he’s tending to his liver.
    Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

But then again, you actually have the credentials.😜
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,562
    Options
    I made some wings... dusted with Dizzy Dust and cornstarch, smoked in Traeger 350F about 40 min, dunked in bbq sauce and cornstarch sucked up the sauce like sponge...

Pale in comparison to swmbo's salmon head curry from scratch... she collected pointers from multiple sources, ingredients include tomato, tamarind and coconut milk...

ive never done anything with the salmon head other than the cheeks.  do you braise or bake the whole thing down and flake out the meat or fillet it off first

swmbo did all the work. 
    Clean head, split, leave the brain whole and bone in, set aside. Prep the spices and gravy, kind of runny like thin pea soup. Mix head in gravy, bring to boil and simmer. Deal with the bone as we eat B)
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Options

swmbo did all the work. 
    Clean head, split, leave the brain whole and bone in, set aside. Prep the spices and gravy, kind of runny like thin pea soup. Mix head in gravy, bring to boil and simmer. Deal with the bone as we eat B)

will give that a go soon. thinking the fresh water ones i catch wont do it justice but theres always a full display at the fish monger
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Not sure, but this is perhaps the greatest thread title on the forum.  Only thing better would have been "Dr. Fork"

Funny how Pete’s largely MIA since then.  I wonder if he’s tending to his liver.
    Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

But did he deliver a baby?

Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Good point. He’s just a pretentious kinda Dr. maybe?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,022
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

We can't all be lawn dart salesmen.  It's an aspirational career.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Wow is all I can say.  You're killing me here as I stare at my salad for lunch...
  • pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Yes Dr. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    The students are the only ones who tend to address me that way, and even there, “Prof.” is much more common.   I’ve never insisted on it, and really couldn’t care less.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    No kidding. Welcome aboard. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    The students are the only ones who tend to address me that way, and even there, “Prof.” is much more common.   I’ve never insisted on it, and really couldn’t care less.
    Yes Dr. 
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Thanks @JohnInCarolina, yes I'm spoilt  :)
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    Options
    I am very interested in that curry.  Any more details? 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Kind of curious as to why you went there?  He acknowledged your troll bait and moved on. Why can’t you?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Canugghead
    Options
    I am very interested in that curry.  Any more details? 
    swmbo followed this recipe more or less. Omitted okra and eggplant (didn’t have), substituted lemongrass with lime leaves. It was not a well planned cook, still quite good.
    https://www.foodelicacy.com/fish-head-curry/
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Kind of curious as to why you went there?  He acknowledged your troll bait and moved on. Why can’t you?
    Which part was the acknowledgment?  Saying I actually have the credentials, or describing me as pretentious? 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Which part was the acknowledgment?  Saying I actually have the credentials, or describing me as pretentious? 
    John, so you have a doctorate in baiting?  Or just a masters?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Or a masters in your domain?
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Master in Baiting. Doctorate in feelings I guess. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Second was a question in response to your buddies troll. But you answered the question perfectly. Thanks 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

I have been called a master ... baiter... from time to time, it's true.  Internet is serious bidness as we all know.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Did not mean to derail the thread by highlighting the humour of the title and it's refrence to previous forum shenanigans.  In radio we refer to that as a "callback".

The cooks in here are amazing and in one easy thread.  Maybe we could post recipies or links with all the cooks?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options
    =)

My Certificate

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    =)

My Certificate

I’ll settle for you guys referring to me as “Your Excellency”
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

Second was a question in response to your buddies troll. But you answered the question perfectly. Thanks 
    Why can’t you just let it go and move on, Pete?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options