Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Just took a small play on Cleveland +8.5 and Under 56.5. Will probably go the complete opposite way, but at least it will keep me interested in the game. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I’ll bet that thing has a particular smell to it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SciAggie said:
    I bought this ribeye roast before Christmas. I’ve had it dry aging since then. I think it’s looking pretty good. I plan to take it to 45 days before I cut it into steaks. 

@PigBeanUs
  • SciAggie said:
    I bought this ribeye roast before Christmas. I’ve had it dry aging since then. I think it’s looking pretty good. I plan to take it to 45 days before I cut it into steaks. 

If you've gone this long I would wait until you hit 56 days. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Smoking some chili and abt’s and praying my Browns can complete the comeback!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Battleborn
    keener75 said:
    They didn’t win, but they won me money today. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Just need NO -3 to have a great day today. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Looking at options for new TVs.   We discovered that the one we had up in the bonus room is kaput.
    Are you replacing the kaput one with a new TV or moving old ones around and getting new main TV?
    The latter.  So it’s Christmas all over again =)
    I would recommend the Sony A8H. I bought one on Black Friday and love it. The screen is the TV speaker so the sound is good and the picture is unreal. If you have a home theatre store nearby go check it out. You will be able to get a better idea of what the picture will look like in your house as opposed to the brightly lit big box stores. 
    Thanks for the tip.  Looks like a great set.  I like the idea of the sound coming through the screen.  

Did you get a sound bar to go with it?  We have one with our current set (an LG) and I don't really care for it, as it has its own remote. 
    I did not. I had a sonos sound bar (the big one) with the TV I replaced. The room I have it in is a big echoie room and the speech was hard to hear at times. So far it has been better. You don’t get the deep base you would from a sound bar, but we are able to actually listen to the TV and hear whats going on. Can always add a sound bar later. If you get the A9 series the TV will act as a center channel and you can add a left and right channel.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• keener75
    keener75 said:
    Congrats on cashing in. At least it was an entertaining game. Hopefully Mahomes is ok but he didn't look too good coming off the field. 
    I've got Brady doing his magic in the late game. I like Brees but I'm not betting against Brady this year.
  • Battleborn
    keener75 said:
    keener75 said:
    Congrats on cashing in. At least it was an entertaining game. Hopefully Mahomes is ok but he didn't look too good coming off the field. 
    I've got Brady doing his magic in the late game. I like Brees but I'm not betting against Brady this year.
    The Browns are a year away. This playoff experience will do them really well next year. If they stay healthy, that is a scary team. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @keener75 - Entertaining and Brady was solid and steady and made the most of the opportunities the defense handed him.  Defense won the game.  
    Another HOF QB match-up next Sunday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • keener75
    keener75 said:
    keener75 said:
    The Browns are a year away. This playoff experience will do them really well next year. If they stay healthy, that is a scary team. 
    keener75 said:
    keener75 said:
    they still have OBJ on the roster! Hopefully he can put them over the edge next year! The future is bright for the Browns.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @nolaegghead haha, we cheated, it was frozen and shelled. Easy 5-minute boil.

I buy them like that too.  Much cheaper, although they aren't hard to shell. 

Interesting thing about soybeans - they are healthy if they are cooked and/or fermented (and eaten in moderation).  Raw, on the other hand, they are almost considered poisonous....very bad for you.

That said, I love them.  Talking to Andrew (alasksassasin) who grows them, the GMO commodity soybeans and human-food soybeans are very different.  Only a very small percentage of all soybeans grown go into edamame, soy milk, tofu, soy-sauce, etc.  The vast majority are processed into oil and feedstock (and, believe it or not chemicals and industrial materials).
    @nolaegghead on the eve of MLK day, I give you Percy Julian.  Amazing life and big contributions to medicine. He synthesized steroids from soybeans, a huge huge advance.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • keener75
    lousubcap said:
    @keener75 - Entertaining and Brady was solid and steady and made the most of the opportunities the defense handed him.  Defense won the game.  
     HOF QB match-up next Sunday
    @lousubcap - I agree...defense most definately won that game! 
    Brady vs Rogers is going to be epic! Allen vs Mahomes (if healthy) is another amazing match up! So many good story lines to follow. 
    I'm just glad we have sports as a distraction!
  • blind99
    I hope Mahomes is OK. I thought I could see stars around his head. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    blind99 said:

Agree. It didn't look like he hit his head that hard. Maybe when we got his head/neck pulled? Crazy seeing him that out of it.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• blind99
    ColtsFan said:
    blind99 said:

Agree. It didn't look like he hit his head that hard. Maybe when we got his head/neck pulled? Crazy seeing him that out of it.
    Yeah, that was concerning. It didn’t look like too bad a hit. But a bad result. He may not have a long career if his brain is already scrambled. Ouch. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    whats the secret with the tomato poached eggs, more liquid/higher heat

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mixing up a marinade for the Momofuku 48-hr short ribs:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    that a question or a statement?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    PigBeanUs said:
    that a question or a statement?

if you are talking the eggs, pretty much both.  it was a race at the end the yolks didnt fully win
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Poach the eggs in water, then remove and add to the tomato matrix?
    Poach the eggs in water, then remove and add to the tomato matrix?

might just be a practice thing, and speed, heat. yolks didnt get pasty dry and maybe the yolks needed to be popped quicker
    fukahwee maine

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Cornholio Sorry to hear about your friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    @Cornholio sorry about your loss

Johns Creek, Georgia