Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    SonVolt said:
    Here's another company up in Michigan making similar wood-burning equipment. 

https://www.grillworksusa.com/customers
    Wow.  Never heard of them.  Sweet stuff.  We have Kalamazoo grills here in MI that sell extremely pricey stuff too.

https://kalamazoogourmet.com/products/grills/gaucho-grill/

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Someone’s buying this, apparently. 

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Someone’s buying this, apparently. 

While I'm not sure who will buy it, I do know that he will "ultimately" pay for it.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Even if he receives the cash and miraculously gets away with it, there is no way that having that picture of him plastered across the internet is worth the price. Money is no substitute for honour. 
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    More likely it’s a joke. 

Pic of the lectern shows it in the Capitol. Would be more believable if the pic showed it elsewhere. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    PigBeanUs said:
    More likely it’s a joke. 

Pic of the lectern shows it in the Capitol. Would be more believable if the pic showed it elsewhere. 
    You are awfully smart for a pig and bean farmer.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Back home from the bbq store and this came with me.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    kl8ton said:
    SonVolt said:
    Here's another company up in Michigan making similar wood-burning equipment. 

https://www.grillworksusa.com/customers
    Wow.  Never heard of them.  Sweet stuff.  We have Kalamazoo grills here in MI that sell extremely pricey stuff too.

https://kalamazoogourmet.com/products/grills/gaucho-grill/

It's the side burner that makes it worthwhile.  I like the Santa Maria grill styles but I can't understand the pricing.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited January 2021
    I've never understood Kalamazoo's outrageous pricing. While I've got zero experience with them up close, they don't seem any "better" in aesthetics or build quality than Alfresco and other high-end outdoor grills that are in the <=$5k range.   
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    There is nothing about that grill that requires much thought or design around airflow like a smoker would have.  I’m sure the fit and finish drives a good part of the cost, but compare that to a high end competition smoker on a trailer with all the accessories. Yikes.
  • MasterC said:
    Back home from the bbq store and this came with me.
    I'm guessing the BGE lettering and green color improves performance somehow?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    Not having a knob on the lid would irritate me. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    SonVolt said:
    You pay less when there’s a knob.
  • SonVolt said:
    Agreed.  Many times you need to take the lid off quickly and return the DO to the heat, and the knob is your friend at those moments.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    SonVolt said:

but then the top couldnt be used for casseroles, pizza, roasting etc
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MasterC
    What can I say I'm a suckered for BGE stuff. I have many eggs and eggcessories. Do I need them, no I just like to collect and play around with them. 

Knob is not needed, just rotate the lid and grab the handles and lift

I guess I'm lucky not ever having to hurry and get a lid off an on when cooking with my Dutch Ovens. Usually cook low and slow with them on the egg.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt said:

But if you use the top for a casserole you lose your lid. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

But if you use the top for a casserole you lose your lid. 

i have one i use small side down and large side on top for turkeys =) then flip it over for soup
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • PigBeanUs

Putting a bid in on this tea kettle that Lit is offering on ebay. 

• PigBeanUs
    Thinking too I might get this dining room set that theTrim has up on craigslist. Though I will probably have the seats reupholstered. 

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MasterC said:
    What can I say I'm a suckered for BGE stuff. I have many eggs and eggcessories. Do I need them, no I just like to collect and play around with them. 

you have to hand it to headquarters, they know their customers
  • MasterC
    Especially their happy ones
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We picked this up today.  Don't know anything about the silverware and goblets other than it's sterling.  Pumped about the Magnalite pot.  Inherited it from MIL.  Bunch of old carved ivory napkin rings in the mix.
    edited January 2021
    Love the pot. I'm a huge fan of thick gauge cast aluminum cookware. I've been ordering various pieces from Italy by way of Amazon as it seems to not have fallen out of favor there with the home cook as it has here. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @nolaegghead I’m digging that magnalite piece. I have a huge one that I’ve never used. I like the size of that one. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Also liking that stock pot. Have one just like it. Also have two oval roasters and a few smaller original magnalites.

theres a company making very good reproductions of them. MacWare/Cajun Classic. I also have one of their oval roasters. You can’t tell the difference. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    SonVolt said:
    HeavyG said:
    SonVolt said:
    A "Grills by Demant" handgrill

Nice.
    Demant makes some pretty amazing somewhat steam-punky stuff. I really love/want their Pin&Cleaver. As soon as I win a Powerball...

I'm totally fascinated by their designs. They're definitely priced out of the home consumer market, but a man can dream...

Oh my word!   Any idea on what these cost?  
    Quick look on EweChube didn't find much but I can see me losing hours staring at these items of beauty.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Sweet hardware.  I love the steampunk retro look.

Healthy Steampunk & Rat-rod culture over here.  
    Check out Whitby Goth Weekend on that there Google machine.   
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay