Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Wrong thread
    Options
    Legume said:
    At least people are buying safes.  That’s good.
    This makes number 4 for me. It makes no sense to have thousands of dollars worth of firearms and just leave them sitting out. If you can afforded the guns you can afford the safe. Just good practice in my opinion. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    At least people are buying safes.  That’s good.
    This makes number 4 for me. It makes no sense to have thousands of dollars worth of firearms and just leave them sitting out. If you can afforded the guns you can afford the safe. Just good practice in my opinion. 
    Yeah, I was thinking more about the safety aspect of it, but however people get there.  
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    It is time to put aside childish things. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I don't like safes either.  Too damn heavy to hoist out the window.
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Went to Costco with the Mrs. 

Needed ground beef and potatoes.  Debated on getting a cart or not....

The bill was just shy of a grand.  Pushed two carts out.  Shouldn't need anything again until Christmas. 

Edit: or next week... whatever comes first
    You had to know it was going sideways when another cart was summoned. But please elaborate, deals too good to pass up or just lack of discipline?
    Nothing exciting.   A bunch of kids clothing, 4 slice toaster,  enameled Dutch ovens, lots of groceries,  wipers,  another 10 big boxes of honey nut cheerios (on sale for like $2.80 per box)  and we now have 30 of them.  Some prime steaks,  whole chickens.  Kids kill a box plus for breakfast.  Lots of milk (see previous cheerio purchase).  Rugs.  Stainless grill baskets..... can't think of anything else.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Books

more books
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Analog Kindles
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Books

more books
    I’m forced to agree with that. It may come as a surprise to many but I’m actually a big reader. And yes, books 📚 not the phone or computer. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    Anyone can buy books to just read them. That’s what they’re for. 

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    Analog Kindles
    Still use my 2nd gen kindle. 

But i have hardcopies too. 

Only one of those will still work in a hundred years
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    What kind of books (titles/content) do you collect?  I suspect you judge those by the cover. 
    Options
    Judy Blume?
    Options
    Pop-up

scratch-n-sniff

choose-your-own-adventure

Coloring

• nolaegghead
    Options
    So ethnic pr0n.  
    Options
    I was about to order some sunglasses, but...

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SGH said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Books

more books
    I’m forced to agree with that. It may come as a surprise to many but I’m actually a big reader. And yes, books 📚 not the phone or computer. 
    The articles in Playdude don’t count. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    A quote I quite like says that functionally, there is little difference between those you don’t read and those who can’t read. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Books

more books
    You buying digital or hard copy? I love having a hard copy in hand when reading, but they seem so environmentally unfriendly and are also a pain to store and move. F-I-L still buys me lots though - he must think that I am not sufficiently learned. 😊
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Books

more books
    You buying digital or hard copy? I love having a hard copy in hand when reading, but they seem so environmentally unfriendly and are also a pain to store and move. F-I-L still buys me lots though - he must think that I am not sufficiently learned. 😊
    Both. Also, old
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Books

more books
    At 39, it amazes me how many folks don’t read more than what they see on social media.

I’d rather a book to TV 7 days a week. Nook user here, my wife can’t stand reading a book on a tablet. I probably ready 30-40 books a year 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    edited January 2021
    Options
    the price was right......freeeeeee.   snowblower carb bolts were loose.  generator runs, might need an electrician at the camp, theres seven panels and im not sure they are connected in series. now looking for books to go with them ;)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    the price was right......freeeeeee.   snowblower carb bolts were loose.  generator runs, might need an electrician at the camp, theres seven panels and im not sure they are connected in series. now looking for books to go with them ;)

Apparently they didn't know how to use it when it was running. It looks brand new. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Apparently they didn't know how to use it when it was running. It looks brand new. 

i guess it was just easier to buy a new one.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    A "Grills by Demant" handgrill

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    edited January 2021
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Nice.
    Demant makes some pretty amazing somewhat steam-punky stuff. I really love/want their Pin&Cleaver. As soon as I win a Powerball...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SonVolt
    edited January 2021
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    SonVolt said:

Nice.
    Demant makes some pretty amazing somewhat steam-punky stuff. I really love/want their Pin&Cleaver. As soon as I win a Powerball...

I'm totally fascinated by their designs. They're definitely priced out of the home consumer market, but a man can dream...

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,518
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I'm totally fascinated by their designs. They're definitely priced out of the home consumer market, but a man can dream...

WOW, just WOW!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Here's another company up in Michigan making similar wood-burning equipment. 

https://www.grillworksusa.com/customers
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Sweet hardware.  I love the steampunk retro look.