Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vaccine Today, here we go!

Options

Comments

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
     JohnInCarolina said:
    And this is a guy who dispenses pharmaceuticals for a living. Nut case. 
    New Orleans LA
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Dondgc said:
     JohnInCarolina said:
    Hopefully this guy goes to jail for 20 years and becomes some big guy’s girlfriend.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Dondgc said:
     JohnInCarolina said:
    Hopefully this guy goes to jail for 20 years and becomes some big guy’s girlfriend.
    Better yet, prisons are wrapped up with Covid. One prisoner who survived a botched lethal injection in 2009 got taken out by the Rona.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @CTMike Surface, surface, surface.  Glad you are clear of the surgery and posting.  Here's to a smooth recovery and rehab.  Doors open tonight at 5 PM (EST).  Hope you can drop in for a bit.
    Happy New Year.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/31/doctors-criticize-uk-health-officials-for-changing-pfizer-covid-vaccine-plan-.html

This is different than what former FDA chief Gottlieb recommended, he was promoting no holdbacks, get as many first doses as possible.  UK is promoting changing the dosing regimen the trials were successful with.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/31/doctors-criticize-uk-health-officials-for-changing-pfizer-covid-vaccine-plan-.html

This is different than what former FDA chief Gottlieb recommended, he was promoting no holdbacks, get as many first doses as possible.  UK is promoting changing the dosing regimen the trials were successful with.
    Yep.  Really surprised they’re taking that route. Hopefully it doesn’t end up biting them in the ass.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    @Legume. Agreed with one or two provisos. First there is some, not yet definitive, evidence that stretching out the AZ vaccine improves its effectiveness from 70% to 80%. Second there is again evidence that while a single AZ injection might not prevent infection it can reduce the severity to the point that hospitalization isn’t required. The UK is currently being eat up by a slightly mutated strain that is more easily transmitted by 50 to 75%. Like many hospitals in the USA the UK is flat out of ICU beds and ventilators. In short they are desperate. Third I agree about patients who have already received the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Pfizer’s head said that they had no evidence how long the first dose of their vaccine would be effective. 

I don’t feel like posting links today. 
  • Legume
    Options
    No opinion stated.  Governments should do as they see fit for their population.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Legume said:
    SciAggie said:
    I was emailed today that I might get the vaccine as early as Monday. 
    Great news Gary.  Is this d/t you being a teacher?
    Yes it is. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    My daughter is in her 4th year of Pharmacy school and is a Pharmacy tech @ Boston Children’s. Thrilled to hear she’s getting vaccinated on Monday having worked thru all of this. 👍🏻
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    I used to say that if they shot out a death ray during Fox and Friends, the average IQ of the country would shoot up twenty points. 

But if we can get them to avoid the vaccine, that’ll work too. 

(Don’t @ me with “actually the average IQ would still be 100, see...”) 
  • PigBeanUs said:
    I used to say that if they shot out a death ray during Fox and Friends, the average IQ of the country would shoot up twenty points. 

@PigBeanUs Actually 50% would still be below average
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

@PigBeanUs Actually 50% would still be below average
    Correct. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Legume. Agreed with one or two provisos. First there is some, not yet definitive, evidence that stretching out the AZ vaccine improves its effectiveness from 70% to 80%. Second there is again evidence that while a single AZ injection might not prevent infection it can reduce the severity to the point that hospitalization isn’t required. The UK is currently being eat up by a slightly mutated strain that is more easily transmitted by 50 to 75%. Like many hospitals in the USA the UK is flat out of ICU beds and ventilators. In short they are desperate. Third I agree about patients who have already received the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Pfizer’s head said that they had no evidence how long the first dose of their vaccine would be effective. 

I don’t feel like posting links today. 
    The AZ vaccine trials are somewhat of a doozy. From what I recall, a cohort of elderly patients was inadvertently given a lower dose of vaccine in one of the study arms. The error was later realized, but they couldn't exclude that data. Likely that they too would have reported 90%+ efficacy, but the bungle and averaging of the data turned ended up showing it to be 70%+ effective. 

Supposedly, 70%+ efficacy was the target to begin with, but the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine trials exceeded that. I wonder how much of this may be back-pedalling on AZ's part, to justify that their vaccine is just as good?

Not taking sides, because "dose" has been a big question mark from the get-go... what "dose" of virus will make you ill? or deathly ill? What dose of virus will infect another person? What's the least dose of vaccine that will be x% effective?

It would be wonderful if a lower dose of vaccine was found to be significantly effective, as that could mean that more folks could be vaccinated. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    caliking said:
    It would be wonderful if a lower dose of vaccine was found to be significantly effective, as that could mean that more folks could be vaccinated. 
    Sadly, in the US, that's not true right now.  The vaccinations that have gone out so far have been half of what was promised, and the actual vaccinations into arms have been 20% of what was delivered.  I expect to see, in the next two weeks, reports of huge numbers of vaccines being discarded due to non-injection and expiration.  I hope I'm wrong.
    It'll get sorted, eventually, but no one in the WH kept the 65-page pandemic plan delivered to them by the previous administration.  ****.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
    Sadly, in the US, that's not true right now.  The vaccinations that have gone out so far have been half of what was promised, and the actual vaccinations into arms have been 20% of what was delivered.  I expect to see, in the next two weeks, reports of huge numbers of vaccines being discarded due to non-injection and expiration.  I hope I'm wrong.
    It'll get sorted, eventually, but no one in the WH kept the 65-page pandemic plan delivered to them by the previous administration.  ****.  
     The White House is to blame? I thought it was more of a state/local issue. I really have no idea what is going on, but personally I feel like deaths going forward can be at least partially be blamed on government. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
     The White House is to blame? I thought it was more of a state/local issue. I really have no idea what is going on, but personally I feel like deaths going forward can be at least partially be blamed on government. 

A small part of the blame game might fall to government but personal behavior continues to be the crux of the problem.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hopefully we can transition from fixing the blame to fixing the problem.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    How many of the people refusing the vaccine fully vaccinated their kids? Do as I say not as I do?
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
    Would that be the 65 page plan used so effectively against SARS?
  • Legume
    Options
    scdaf said:
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
    Probably the one that was updated from experience gained from SARS.  That’s usually how you learn and pass on.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    scdaf said:
    PBotch said:
    caliking said:
    Did half a million people die from SARS?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    scdaf said:
    PBotch said:
    caliking said:
    Did half a million people die from SARS?
    No, but only because the deep state and George Soros backed the globalists.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    scdaf said:
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
    Probably the one that was updated from experience gained from SARS.  That’s usually how you learn and pass on.
    You assume that people are willing to learn...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    scdaf said:
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
    You assume that people are willing to learn...
    @caliking - You are wrongly assuming that politicians are people.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Aren't lizard people people?