Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vaccine Today, here we go!

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Just an interactive US vaccination map courtesy of the CDC.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I was just checking that out myself!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Aren't lizard people people?
    Well, king gizzard and the lizard wizard are people, if that makes a difference

I wish they'd publish a state level report that tells the current rate that vaccinations are going out.  Add a little friendly competition to it.  Like the hot dog races at Indians games when I was a kid.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Aren't lizard people people?
    Well, king gizzard and the lizard wizard are people, if that makes a difference

I wish they'd publish a state level report that tells the current rate that vaccinations are going out.  Add a little friendly competition to it.  Like the hot dog races at Indians games when I was a kid.
    Whatever it takes.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Well at least Drumpf won’t be escaping the inauguration by golfing in Scotland:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/no-trump-cant-play-golf-in-scotland-on-inauguration-day-nicola-sturgeon-says-2021-01-05
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    It’s ok, half of his state won’t get it because it’s a fake vaccine for a fake virus.

(no, not really ok)
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    What an utterly immoral and inhumane position to take.
    I'm assuming he considers himself a good Christian and believes in hell - I imagine he'll personally be finding out some day.

There’s a special place in hell for scumbags like this guy. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Got my appointment next Tuesday to get my 5G government tracker. Question, has anyone started to zombiefy yet?
    Las Vegas, NV

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Got my appointment next Tuesday to get my 5G government tracker. Question, has anyone started to zombiefy yet?
    Все хорошо.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    edited January 2021
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    What an utterly immoral and inhumane position to take.
    Correct.
    I'm assuming he considers himself a good Christian and believes in hell
    Correct.
    - I imagine he'll personally be finding out some day.
    Assuming correct again.

That would be the Nebraska Governor referenced in your link.  I did not research to verify the quotes are accurate because some things, like gravity for instance, one can just take for granted.
    Trust me, Gov. Pete Ricketts has done much worse than sacrificing these lives.  Hard to believe unless you live here and experience it.  Quite unfortunate.
    Ready examples, if you are overly joyous and need some depression, dig into his OCD with the death penalty and his rational behind taking two years implementing expanded Medicaid in this state.  Shameful by any measure.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Is this a phone app?  I still can't figure out how to turn the ringer back on....

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I got my vaccination as a 1A candidate today. The hospital called late... My wife is a 1B candidate and got the last dose from this shipment. We’re happy. 
    Great news, Gary!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    (or a matter of getting caught)
    Options
    Funny, read that and substitute Russia rather than Florida and it’s kind of what your would expect.  Inner circles, favors, money.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    umm...bring back the swamp?
    Options
    Still not sure how I feel about it, but I got my first vaccine shot (Moderna) yesterday. Arms a bit sore, but for any diabetics out there, I can tell you it did not affect my blood glucose (like a steroid shot would). I've got a continuous glucose monitor so I can see my bg every 5 minutes as it updates to my phone.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I would personally would (had I received the vaccine) feel like I have some protection from getting sick, infecting other people and killing them, or dying myself.  Is that selfish?
    Options
    I would personally would (had I received the vaccine) feel like I have some protection from getting sick, infecting other people and killing them, or dying myself.  Is that selfish?
    No, I'm glad I got it for all those reasons. I just don't know how I feel about it being rushed through approval like it was. It usually takes years for things to get approved by the FDA.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Griffin said:
    No, I'm glad I got it for all those reasons. I just don't know how I feel about it being rushed through approval like it was. It usually takes years for things to get approved by the FDA.
    Right.  Where they skipped was obviously long term (and middle term) effects, which are rare in modern vaccines (but not early vaccines) and with testing on adolescents, infants, pregnant and lactating mothers, etc.

Options
    Wrong but not unexpected. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    The Swamp is an oversized urinal.  Wait...are we talking football stadiums?
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    The Swamp is an oversized urinal.  Wait...are we talking football stadiums?
    what do you expect for only spending $118,000 on construction?  They only have one urinal.

Options
    Griffin said:
    Still not sure how I feel about it, but I got my first vaccine shot (Moderna) yesterday. Arms a bit sore, but for any diabetics out there, I can tell you it did not affect my blood glucose (like a steroid shot would). I've got a continuous glucose monitor so I can see my bg every 5 minutes as it updates to my phone.
    Thanks for posting this. I’m sure the impact on blood glucose has been on the minds of diabetics. Folks posting about their own experience will likely help to  allay some of those concerns. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Anyone got their booster yet? mine come up this weekend. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @etherdome I get mine Saturday. Post your results here, I’ll be interested to compare! We are just starting to give dose 2. A small batch today, then full steam tomorrow. 

I supervised our vaccination clinic yesterday. I OKed shots for multiple people with history of prior vaccine reactions as well as people with history of anaphylaxis. One woman reported prior bad experience with PEG colon prep but it wasn’t an allergy. We gave 500 doses of Moderna. I saw one panic attack, a few vasovagal reactions, and an injection site reaction. No allergic/anaphylactic reactions. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • etherdome
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @etherdome I get mine Saturday. Post your results here, I’ll be interested to compare! We are just starting to give dose 2. A small batch today, then full steam tomorrow. 

I supervised our vaccination clinic yesterday. I OKed shots for multiple people with history of prior vaccine reactions as well as people with history of anaphylaxis. One woman reported prior bad experience with PEG colon prep but it wasn’t an allergy. We gave 500 doses of Moderna. I saw one panic attack, a few vasovagal reactions, and an injection site reaction. No allergic/anaphylactic reactions. 
    Will do. I’m scheduled for Saturday as well but there’s a reasonable chance I can sneak in tomorrow.  My wife got her 2nd dose today. So far so good.  
    Upstate SC
  • etherdome
    Options
    I received my booster (2nd dose) on Friday afternoon. Only side effect for me is a non limiting mildly sore arm and the best night time sleep and naps I've ever had. Definitely felt tired but did not feel "bad" at all. Fully functional.  My wife had it over 48 hours ago and experienced nothing.  I do know one person who felt like they had the flu for about 12 hours but otherwise the side effects seem mild and easily tolerable. This data from about 20 of my colleagues. 
    Upstate SC