Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @sgh in that first pic, it looked like you stuffed a bunch of sausage in the belly of that pig????
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    @alaskanassasin nice work on that pork butt. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

IP puttanesca 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    Made some Franklin beans.  they came out very nice as intended by the recipe.  I tend to add less salt and chili powder than the recipe calls for, but the flavor profile is solid.  My son and wife don't care for the beans.  I add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of ketchup and brown sugar to the beans, and they're in love.  SMDH
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    As promised, rectum is on the menu. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Did you grow them out at the house or slaughter a whole family in the Leaf River management area?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    SGH said:

I guess number Five went wee wee wee all the way home. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited December 2020
    @GrateEggspectations Love it, how old is your little one? We attended an infant and child CPR Zoom class today. Our first grandkid is almost one. Learned a few things, e.g. don't give young ones whole grapes; latex balloon is the #1 choking hazard when it's bitten on and explodes; objects small enough to pass through an empty toilet paper roll tube is a choking hazard. 
    canuckland
  • Good flag placement on @Canugghead!?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    @GrateEggspectations Great story, thanks for sharing, have to remember that. Yes the soon to be one year old is our first, we've been in a tight pod with them since August when things opened up after the first wave. Stayed away from them from Mar to Aug. It's working well since the parents both work from home and baby is not in daycare or school yet.
    canuckland
  • SGH
    Did you grow them out at the house or slaughter a whole family in the Leaf River management area?
    A little of both. The cleaned hog was captured
    and castrated many months ago and fed out in a pen. The ones we kill on sight usually get ground with venison or given to someone. 

Status- Standing by.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @GrateEggspectations :
    Very nicely done! Seems like your little guy enjoyed it!  

It’s one of those things that you can tweak all kinds of ways, and end up with a win. 

And if you amped up the garlic, it seems like him and me would get along just fine. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Thanks @Legume.  As I've pointed out on here before, any time food looks that good at my house it means that my daughter is home.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    @SGH When did you switch from Green to Orange tractors?   😊
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Foghorn said:
    1) We had some extra ribeyes.  
    2) Daughter wanted to make birria sauce. 
    3) I wanted to use my new skewers.  

Voila. Not sure if we hit the mark but they were the best tacos we’ve ever had.  

Nothing like having the stars align. HNY to you and family. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Ok - the search engine is letting me down. Can someone share Mickey’s coffee rub? Either link or recipe?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Here it is, he said in another thread he usually starts with 1/2 cup of coffee.
    Equal part: Instant Expresso Ground coffee
    Equal part: Brown Sugar
    ½ part: Black Pepper
    ½ part: Kosher Salt
    ½ part: Garlic Powder
    ¾ part: Ancho Chili Powder
    Greensboro, NC
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
    SciAggie said:
    Ok - the search engine is letting me down. Can someone share Mickey’s coffee rub? Either link or recipe?
    Mickey Posts: 19,482
    Coffee Rub (turkey, chicken, beef & pork)
    Equal part: Instant Expresso Ground coffee..
    Equal part: Brown Sugar..
    ½ part: Black Pepper..
    ½ part: Kosher Salt..
    ½ part: Garlic Powder..
    ¾ part: Ancho Chili Powder..
      Don't worry on exact, just close on measurement. I used to use turbinado sugar but we like with brown better. This is pulled from MollyShark, Hungry Man, & Richard In Fl then tweaked. I find the ancho chili powder is far less expensive in the bulk spice area than the bottled area ( have used both light or dark version). I make it starting with a half cup Instant Expresso Ground coffee and work from there as it seems to store well if sealed.
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Foghorn said:
    1) We had some extra ribeyes.  
    2) Daughter wanted to make birria sauce. 
    3) I wanted to use my new skewers.  

Voila. Not sure if we hit the mark but they were the best tacos we’ve ever had.  

Nothing like having the stars align. HNY to you and family. 
    Thanks @northGAcock.  Same to you and yours.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @Foghorn - gotta admit that when I saw ribeyes and tacos I was a bit concerned.  But you and your daughter did 'em proud.  Killer tacos right there.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @gmanrva - What a treat.  No pressure to nail that steak. B)   Great eats await.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.