Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Canugghead Nope, our family didn’t gather either. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We had a few people in our "pod" but we threw them out because they were exhibiting what we considered risky behavior. 
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    13 pounds of Beef Lips....  @SGH

Am I the only one afraid to ask which lips he’s referring to?
    LoL
    After a 10 minute boil , salt and pepper on to the smoker with oak overnight 

Good Eats 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

It doesn’t feel like a week since Boxing Day, but that’s just how time works in 2020. Three days of fixtures then a yawing chasm until, Friday.  

Today;

Palace v Leicester, you could look at recent form and assume the mighty Eagles will get battered again, but that’s logic and science talking. I am convinced by neither.   But even a slightly tired Vardy in hot form can look forward to a fire-at-will afternoon.  Pressure mounts on Hodgson as we slip again, 1-2.

Chelsea v Villa, goals assured and I reckon 5 shared.  Despite Villa’s recent form Super Frank arrests the slump and Blues nudge home 3-2.

Everton v Man City,  the Blues are awake and could puncture the Toffee’s aspirations. Paper talk of Everton’s title charge could be just flam-flam if City win and leap-frog the hosts in to 2nd,  so 1-2 it is.

Tomorrow;

Brighton v Arsenal, somebody poked the Gunners with a big stick and they started to play football.  Can it happen twice on the spin?  Giddy from another draw the filthy Seagulls will enter the game with aspirations of another point. Let’s go with Arteta keeping the good times going, 0-2.

Burnley v Sheff Utd, 1-0.   Er,  that’s all iIgot.

Southampton v West Ham, the hosts have lost their way a bit recently while the Hammers just bob along. Tough to call and only a goal in it, 1-0.

West Brom v Leeds, poor timing for Dirty Leeds as the Big Fat Sam effect has emerged see the 1-1 with Liverpool.  For the first time I don’t see Leeds scoring and the Baggies will need luck to do so. 0-0

Man Utd v Wolves, Ole seems to have weaved some magic with Utd unbeaten in 9 now and scoring goals.  Wolves are resilient rather than dynamic. 2-0.

Wednesday;

Spurs v Fulham, just 5 point from the last 5 for Jose and things are stagnating.  A visit from draw enthusiasts, Fulham, should spark a return to winning ways. 2-0 with one goal early and one very late. 

Liverpool v Newcastle, the Reds are looking stodgy but that’s more to do with Big Jurgy not rotating his squad than the fixture pile-up. Toon love stodgy though, stodge in the morning stodge in the evening. Can the Reds pierce the stodge? Yep. 2-0.

Cue flags......

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @nolaegghead real men eat quiche.  That looks incredible.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Chowing down on some quiche that I made.  Has some of Larry's sausage in it.  Came out good AF.

Looks good AF.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    edited December 2020
    We had a few people in our "pod" but we threw them out because they were exhibiting what we considered risky behavior. 
    Good for you. Actually I failed to mention an exception earlier, we're in a strict pod since Aug with our newborn grandkid's family and the other grandparents. Like us, they can't see their other kids and school age grandkids.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    ^^^ give me a break, flicking flaggot
    canuckland
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Good for you. Actually I failed to mention an exception earlier, we're in a strict pod since Aug with our newborn grandkid's family and the other grandparents. Like us, they can't see their other kids and school age grandkids.
    We have 3 of us in the house and our daughter drove in from 200 miles away and is staying with us for about 10 days.  Our best friends came over on Christmas day and we stayed 6 feet apart on the back deck and chatted - but we did not dine with them.  This was partly their choice as they are older than we are and have some risk factors.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Wondering if I'm in the minority for not letting our kids eat Christmas dinner with us  :s
    ^^^ just noticed this attracted the flaggot like a maggot too  :s
    canuckland
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Wondering if I'm in the minority for not letting our kids eat Christmas dinner with us  :s
    Someone who thinks "Covid19 mention/inference" is an automatic flag. Probably thinks/hopes this is all a hoax. Missing one more flag for the full house here. Probably get it after this post. This too shall pass.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    CPFC1905 said:

It doesn’t feel like a week since Boxing Day, but that’s just how time works in 2020. Three days of fixtures then a yawing chasm until, Friday.  

Today;

Palace v Leicester, you could look at recent form and assume the mighty Eagles will get battered again, but that’s logic and science talking. I am convinced by neither.   But even a slightly tired Vardy in hot form can look forward to a fire-at-will afternoon.  Pressure mounts on Hodgson as we slip again, 1-2.

Chelsea v Villa, goals assured and I reckon 5 shared.  Despite Villa’s recent form Super Frank arrests the slump and Blues nudge home 3-2.

Everton v Man City,  the Blues are awake and could puncture the Toffee’s aspirations. Paper talk of Everton’s title charge could be just flam-flam if City win and leap-frog the hosts in to 2nd,  so 1-2 it is.

Tomorrow;

Brighton v Arsenal, somebody poked the Gunners with a big stick and they started to play football.  Can it happen twice on the spin?  Giddy from another draw the filthy Seagulls will enter the game with aspirations of another point. Let’s go with Arteta keeping the good times going, 0-2.

Burnley v Sheff Utd, 1-0.   Er,  that’s all iIgot.

Southampton v West Ham, the hosts have lost their way a bit recently while the Hammers just bob along. Tough to call and only a goal in it, 1-0.

West Brom v Leeds, poor timing for Dirty Leeds as the Big Fat Sam effect has emerged see the 1-1 with Liverpool.  For the first time I don’t see Leeds scoring and the Baggies will need luck to do so. 0-0

Man Utd v Wolves, Ole seems to have weaved some magic with Utd unbeaten in 9 now and scoring goals.  Wolves are resilient rather than dynamic. 2-0.

Wednesday;

Spurs v Fulham, just 5 point from the last 5 for Jose and things are stagnating.  A visit from draw enthusiasts, Fulham, should spark a return to winning ways. 2-0 with one goal early and one very late. 

Liverpool v Newcastle, the Reds are looking stodgy but that’s more to do with Big Jurgy not rotating his squad than the fixture pile-up. Toon love stodgy though, stodge in the morning stodge in the evening. Can the Reds pierce the stodge? Yep. 2-0.

Cue flags......

Quoting as that virtually ensures a flag.  

Congrats @CPFC1905 on getting a point against Leicester (minus Vardy).  I like how Zaha was determined to thank Townsend for the assist after his goal.  That's pretty standard in basketball, but it doesn't seem to happen that often in soccer.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Wondering if I'm in the minority for not letting our kids eat Christmas dinner with us  :s
    It is best to simply ignore these things.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Enjoying a final day off, got sushi takeout with SWMBO Jr, and now going to make some chili with leftover brisket I pulled out of the freezer.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    The flaggot is probably a 350 pound science denier, covid hoaxer, Qanon antivaxxer who's taking a break on the forum from outfitting his crappy RV for some domestic terrorism.  Or something.  He knows his karma is bad but can't help himself.  Flaggots don't make it through the pearly gates because they have a darkness inside.  The only thing they hate more than themselves is the righteous, the kind, the good. 
    ...but hey, people gonna people.

Aw shucks lil' buddy.  Already had Troll. Am old and confused, what constituted (sorry about that big word) abuse in that post. Care to share?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • The flaggot can eat my asz like a cupcake
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I think that term is incredibly insensitive.   🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    I think that term is incredibly insensitive.   🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
    “Asz” is widely accepted and even appreciated by some (@sgh)
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Where are you @TTC
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    edited December 2020
    Winter Park, Colorado. It’s where we always go when the whole crew goes. Good value (keeping in mind there are no values skiing) and great terrain. Kids are old enough and know the mountain well enough we let them do their thing at times and we ski together at times.

When just wife and I take a trip we usually go to Telluride 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Hope you have a great trip and get some fresh tracks. Never been to winter park, but have been going up the road to Beaver Creek for 12 of the last 14 years and the other two years were at Snowmass. Have a great trip! 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @lousubcap beautiful! 
    I like to think the time we spend cooking brisket does not count against our time on earth. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • nolaegghead