Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options

That's a sharp looking suv! We looked at a navy blue one as well. We ended up with a silver sr5 premium. I'm just happy it came with the all weather floor mats all the way around. I was shopping for the husky mats initially.
    I have a silver SR5, but it’s a 2011 with the premium package. Aside from some off road wounds it looks like new, especially the inside. Great vehicle and no plans to offload it anytime soon.

I prefer the SR5 over the full time 4WD and larger 20” wheels on the Limited. Big wheels on a truck that goes off road doesn’t make sense to me. The bigger balloon tires suit my needs better and letting some air out has been necessary in some places. The TRD wasn’t available when I bought mine but for the off roading we do I’m not sure I would get it. 

My wife’s car has all the bells and whistles for driving around town and taking on road trips where we stick to the asphalt. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Cornholio said:

That's a sharp looking suv! We looked at a navy blue one as well. We ended up with a silver sr5 premium. I'm just happy it came with the all weather floor mats all the way around. I was shopping for the husky mats initially.
    I have a silver SR5, but it’s a 2011 with the premium package. Aside from some off road wounds it looks like new, especially the inside. Great vehicle and no plans to offload it anytime soon.

I prefer the SR5 over the full time 4WD and larger 20” wheels on the Limited. Big wheels on a truck that goes off road doesn’t make sense to me. The bigger balloon tires suit my needs better and letting some air out has been necessary in some places. The TRD wasn’t available when I bought mine but for the off roading we do I’m not sure I would get it. 

My wife’s car has all the bells and whistles for driving around town and taking on road trips where we stick to the asphalt. 

I test drove every trim level this time around. My 4th gen is a standard bare bones SR5 2WD. After deciding on another 4runner I swore I wouldn’t make that same mistake again. This time it was between the limited and offroad premium and we decided on the limited because it had extra features the offroad premium didn’t that were important to my wife. Also I was able to get this one for the same price as the offroad premium. I agree with the wheels statement and in a few years after my warranty is out I may change them out to some 17s with a small 2” lift kit and more aggressive tires.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,786
    edited December 2020
    Options
    These have been on Covid Backorder ....came in earlier than planned , love the 4" dials....

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Cornholio said:

I test drove every trim level this time around. My 4th gen is a standard bare bones SR5 2WD. After deciding on another 4runner I swore I wouldn’t make that same mistake again. This time it was between the limited and offroad premium and we decided on the limited because it had extra features the offroad premium didn’t that were important to my wife. Also I was able to get this one for the same price as the offroad premium. I agree with the wheels statement and in a few years after my warranty is out I may change them out to some 17s with a small 2” lift kit and more aggressive tires.
    My buddy has a 4Runner and was worried about voiding the warranty. He ended up buying the factory trd pro rims to upgrade the stock rims.
    LBGE
    AL
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,057
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    These have been on Covid Backorder ....came in earlier than planned , love the 4" dials....

Let us know how it performs.  It has to be better than the one I bought from another company.  Where did you buy it from?

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,786
    Options
    QDude said:
    lkapigian said:

Let us know how it performs.  It has to be better than the one I bought from another company.  Where did you buy it from?
    @QDude they perform great and I get from Tel-True direct, I have 6 on various cookers, this one goes on my cold smoke house that caught fire....even with the raging fire, the old one survived pretty well but could only calibrate with 10 degrees, that dial had been wrapped around several times 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

Options
    Time to buy another F-250, a 26 year old peckerhead without a license, without insurance, and stolen tag hit mine in the ass and totaled it out.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,102
    Options
    piney said:
    Time to buy another F-250, a 26 year old peckerhead without a license, without insurance, and stolen tag hit mine in the ass and totaled it out.
    That sucks big time. Hope they put in jail. 

Good to hear from you. 
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,057
    Options
    piney said:
    That sucks!  Were you hurt?  If yes, your uninsured motorist coverage, if you have it, should pay you something for that.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    piney said:
    Wow Gary that sucks buddy!  Hope neither you nor Sandy were hurt.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    piney said:
    That sucks. Anecdotally, F-250 &150’s are one of the most commonly stolen vehicles around here. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    piney said:
    That sucks. Anecdotally, F-250 &150’s are one of the most commonly stolen vehicles around here. 

I will be in the market next fall, any idea where I can pick one up?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    piney said:

I will be in the market next fall, any idea where I can pick one up?
    You asking for the address of @piney s junkyard? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That sucks Gary glad you are ok. Hope you at least got a sponge bath at the hospital. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @piney I would have thought all the empty 16 oz miller lite cans in the bed would have buffered the buffered the blow some.   =)   Glad only the truck got hurt.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Gary, sorry to hear, buddy, but glad to hear you're ok.  Got any pics of the devastation?
    Options
    Dang Gary, so glad you are ok. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Picked up a gas forge.  Price was right - free. Needs a little work on the refractory bricks.  Blower works fine.  Not pictured is the top.  Heavy AF.
    Options
    Picked up a gas forge.  Price was right - free. Needs a little work on the refractory bricks.  Blower works fine.  Not pictured is the top.  Heavy AF.
    You have the coolest sh!t.  I feel like that’s something I could get into anger management and fire all in one. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    You have the coolest sh!t.  I feel like that’s something I could get into anger management and fire all in one. 

Options
    My neighbor has one. He has made some cool knives. I plan on trying my hand at it this winter.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    @nolaegghead looking forward to seeing you on forged in fire on the history channel!
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Looking for good quality pot holders for the kitchen.  The wife can't find any that check the box on both quality and looks.  Any recommendations?
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    I finally found a Stihl MS261 CM chainsaw I've been searching for, I brought it home today. 
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Damn nice saw @rifrench
    South of Columbus, Ohio.