Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    I ate Costco fish sticks and boxed mac&cheese. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,096
    Options
    QDude said:
    bubbajack said:
    Cooked up some crispy Chicken thighs last night. $3.80 meal.

I great seasoning for thighs is Yardbird.  Those look great.
    One of my favorites is ghost..
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    Two slabs of babybacks, baked beans, jalapeño and mushroom rice with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and mini peppers
  • Howdy_Doody
    Options
    @Blind99 LOL, I don't know.  That was my old web site that I discontinued about 5 years ago.  Didn't know the Chinese picked it up.

Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Howdy_Doody
    Options
    @blind99 Those Birra tacos look great !!!  I'm gonna have to make those.  Need to go to Fiesta for the chiles, though.  BTW, I live in Drippin'.

Dripping Springs, Texas
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    @blind99 Those Birra tacos look great !!!  I'm gonna have to make those.  Need to go to Fiesta for the chiles, though.  BTW, I live in Drippin'.

I found all those Peppers after a few tries at the Local HEB.  I love some Fiesta and all but for me thats a drive.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Glad to see ya back :wink:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I had one last piece of skirt steak to cook up, and was tired of stir-frys.  So, I made Bok-Choy Tacos.

Nope.

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Foghorn said:

That JH Mojave is another great one from him. Enjoy!
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    @Foghorn Nice steaks? So what is the rest of the family eating?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Thanks @FarmingPhD.  They're at the store right now picking up things to go with the steaks.  I told them to keep it simple.  We'll see if they listened.

The steaks were cut from a friend's herd.  He has had an angus herd that he got up to USDA Choice - then he brought in some wagyu bulls and mated them - to get the buttery texture of wagyu with the flavor of angus.  He thinks it is the best beef on the planet.  I have to concur.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    After seeing @shtgunal3 gravy post this morning I told my wife that’s what we’re having for dinner. Made some drop biscuits and hash browns too. Super chefy

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    SWMBO cooked the meatloaf.  Spinach was from a bag, rice augmented with bacon onion garlic.  Pan sauce.  But I love ketchup on meatloaf.

Great meal from where I sit.
    How's the kitchen run in that situation... which of you is the sous-chef?    😊
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    Leftover red beans and rice. Even better as leftovers 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bridget is an awesome cook.   I usually cook all the meats except for stuff like meatloaf or moussaka.  However, she has been obsessively making masks the past 5 months in her off time so I've been doing 90% of the cooking.  She hates me in the kitchen when I'm also trying to cook.  Too small.
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    xfire_ATX said:
    Making Birria Tacos tonight- Apparently this is some Tik Tok Rage that both my daughters have been begging me to make.   Since its still a work day I went ahead and made the sauce last night so I can braise the Chuck Roast today

Used the IP to boil everything together- easiest thing in my Kitchen to cleaning up.  Will use CI DO for the 4 hr braise today.

Put all those Solids and 2/3 the liquid in the Ninja- Then take this and run through a strainer to remove solids.

More later tonight or tomorrow-

Recipe I am running with
    https://www.thekitchn.com/instant-pot-beef-birria-tacos-recipe-23105466
    And the results from last night- need to perfect getting these to come out as nice crispy tacos but the taste was good.  I made one perfectly the Daughter got so still a win.

I'm making this tonight, too.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @nola looks good. moussaka sounds awesome. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    @Foghorn Bravo dude! I’ve had $30+ restaurant steaks that didn’t look that good.

@ColtsFan those drop biscuits look amazing man.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Thanks @shtgunal3.  This is the best quality meat I've ever had so I always want to do it justice.  I achieved it this time.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX