Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I was just mocking the video.  I could take it or leave it with cornbread.   Zero F*cks to give if you put sugar in it or not.
    No - it's just funny because my wife really does ask me about the sugar - every time. And for at least 34 of those 35 years I give her a look... Ain't marriage a hoot?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I made a salad dressing using primarily sour cream and vinegar last night (with canola oil).  A tiny bit of sugar helped balance the tartness of the mix.  Also in it went a freshly ground celery, dill and coriander seeds, a bunch of bacon fresh and powdered garlic, bay leaf powder, basil and thyme.  Into a mini food processor.  Reminds me of that German dressing I loved as a kid when we lived in Heidelberg.
    Options
    just went out for groceries and hit the liquor store. zip zero lines, no need to grab a number at the deli and food court, cash registers wide open. got to love a nor'easter, kicked covids butt today, atleast for a day
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Every Southerner I know puts sugar in their cornbread and then lies about it. 
    They put sugar in their iced tea and then are PROUD of it.  :angry:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    Every Southerner I know puts sugar in their cornbread and then lies about it. 
    They put sugar in their iced tea and then are PROUD of it.  :angry:  

they need something to wash that dry no flavor southern corn bread down
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    fluffy moist northern style with crispy edges, now thats cornbread

cornbread recipe

fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

cornbread recipe

That's yellow cake not corn bread. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Menu planning for next week and drinking a Manhattan.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    Went freezer diving for a pork shoulder, found out that are all pre Jan 2019.  Threw one away from 2017, and thawing a December 2018 one to smoke.  Should be fine. Also pulled a brisket to smoke as well. Seeing some family next week and this will serve as meal prep for a few days with these big eaters.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 - that is beyond "do".  Great result right there.  Congrats on nailing the cook.  I would inhale some of that.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice work @TEXASBGE2018 From where did you source that bad boy!  Looks pretty stellar
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Nice work @TEXASBGE2018 From where did you source that bad boy!  Looks pretty stellar
    Just a plain Jane Kroger Choice Brisket. We had them for like $1.79 a pound this week.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just a plain Jane Kroger Choice Brisket. We had them for like $1.79 a pound this week.
    For the deals you get with brisket in Texas I could dang near justify the move   =)
    Great score!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @lkapigian The sausage looks spectacular. I’ll have to do brisket sausage. I’m wondering about a brisket hot link...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SciAggie-That plate pic is magazine quality and i am quite sure the eats were well deserving of four stars.  
    Just rotate that plate/pic a few degrees to capture the essence of a diamond plate tri-fecta.  Always a banquet!
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @lousubcap Thank you. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Having a couple Space Dusts after a nice crisp mtb ride, upper 50’s maybe low 60’s. I sent my brother in NH this same pic from my ride this afternoon.  =)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Why has it taken me so long to make a mustard cream pan sauce for pork. Ermagerd...

Your vegetable is so cute, and so perfectly-sized!  :D

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Why has it taken me so long to make a mustard cream pan sauce for pork. Ermagerd...

Somebody is eating good in the neighborhood!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Botch Those are “short and sweet” carrots from the garden. They are indeed short and sweet. They are delicious roasted. . 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Mattman3969 It was good. My wife gave me the “keep this recipe” kudos. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Hit the jackpot tonight. My guy had a Blanton's, Weller's, Buffalo Trace and a Jeffersons Ocean 20 all for $200 not a bad pull to get through the Holiday's
    Tell me more about the Jefferson ocean.  I want to try it but the stores here only have small batch.  What I have seen online is it’s pretty reasonably priced.
    I liked the Jefferson Ocean, I’m far from an expert, but I thought it was smooth. I’m sure you could find it if you took a drive over to Mesquite and hit up Lee’s Liquor. 
    I like where your head is at.  We usually make that run for drinks about every other month.  December is a favorite because of the dumb gift sets you find.  Nothing beats a bottle with a free flask 😁.  Problem is I get excited and usually buy too many bottles and never get what I want.  Ocean is on my list so I will give it priority when we make that run.  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Being disappointed that they cancelled the Sun Belt Championship game. Coastal has Covid. 

Cajuns have had one of their best seasons in the history of the program. Ranked 19th in the nation. On to a bowl game....what a disappointment 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    U_tarded said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Hit the jackpot tonight. My guy had a Blanton's, Weller's, Buffalo Trace and a Jeffersons Ocean 20 all for $200 not a bad pull to get through the Holiday's
    Tell me more about the Jefferson ocean.  I want to try it but the stores here only have small batch.  What I have seen online is it’s pretty reasonably priced.
    I liked the Jefferson Ocean, I’m far from an expert, but I thought it was smooth. I’m sure you could find it if you took a drive over to Mesquite and hit up Lee’s Liquor. 
    I like where your head is at.  We usually make that run for drinks about every other month.  December is a favorite because of the dumb gift sets you find.  Nothing beats a bottle with a free flask 😁.  Problem is I get excited and usually buy too many bottles and never get what I want.  Ocean is on my list so I will give it priority when we make that run.  
    I love the holiday gift sets. I have so many branded rocks glasses. Lee’s always has a pretty good selection. Last time I was in A Lee’s they had the Ocean in the glass showcases with the expensive stuff. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    Options
    SonVolt said:

cornbread recipe

That's yellow cake not corn bread. 
    truth be told i eat corn bread evry other year or so, pretty much never see it. usually reach for the canned stuff and butter fry it, so much better =)

Boston Brown Bread Recipe  SimplyRecipescom

fukahwee maine

• SciAggie
    Options
    @fishlessman Where can you find canned cornbread? Amazon and Google are failing me. I've never heard of such a thing.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I think he's talking about this abomination.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave