Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Congrats.  You can burn store-bought marinade.  I'm sure the lighter fluid adds to the cornfield guido terroir.

Cornfield Guido,  now that's funny don't care who ya are.

John gets all the credit for coining that phrase.  I just stole it.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Made bread 

Beautiful.  Out of curiosity, what type of flour did you use?
    100% King Arthur organic bread flour
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gamecockeggman
    Options

Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Sheldon_Nigel
    Options

Both guys look they are Toobin' it and the lady looks disgusted.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited December 2020
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    My Friday just got better. Hanging out with my sweetheart. Sometimes you just have to have a glass of wine and chill. 

Raichlen's gonna steal that pic.

I can just tell you're having a grand time. Cheers, Gary.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Thanks @caliking I look forward to the days when this fire pit is once again surrounded by friends and laughter. The good news is I will have lots of cured meats to share when that time comes. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Just a cheeseburger on the mini and fries in the AF

That would be a good “where’s the beef” pic for Wendy’s 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Sheldon_Nigel
    Options
    Trying another pork shoulder thingy again.  Piggy is holdin tight, 8 hrs and not even to 150 runnin a calibrated 280

Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    My Friday just got better. Hanging out with my sweetheart. Sometimes you just have to have a glass of wine and chill. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    Drinking coffee, contemplating what stand to hunt after yesterday afternoon’s monsoon. Hopefully the animals are gonna be moving this morning 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

I can’t keep up with you guys but I did put some of this on my 6 year old pizza last night.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

I can’t keep up with you guys but I did put some of this on my 6 year old pizza last night.
    You are officially a chef now
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Any good?  There was some kind of Bomba around here years ago that people were swearing by.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    It was very good, blended well into the pizza.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options

Any good?  There was some kind of Bomba around here years ago that people were swearing by.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Enjoying a great round of groceries-

Totally healthy and great tasting.
    Game on at 9 PM (EST) tonight!
    I actually shared the ABT's (mild) and shrimp with SWMBO- Can't come close to running with @SGH!
    Remember when he’d post cooks where he’d eat like an entire bag of oysters and wash it down with 20 lb of shrimp, then move on to land based proteins? I think maybe he just got tired of eating after that!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options

The penultimate paragraph says it all tho - good to know but is it really of any significance to bettering our health?
    WIll this encourage more people to eat more beef when we probably should be promoting less beef (and other animal proteins) consumption?
    Do we really get enough extra peptides of ones like say collagen or creatine to really make any difference for most people?
    Will we soon be seeing ad campaigns for "Sous Vide Chick Roast - for younger
    looking skin and fewer wrinkles"? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Just prepped 12 lbs of chicken wings for a cook tomorrow. Starting a brisket tonight and I’ll make a meatloaf in the morning. 
    Cooking for my buddies company Christmas dinner. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    HeavyG said:

The penultimate paragraph says it all tho - good to know but is it really of any significance to bettering our health?
    WIll this encourage more people to eat more beef when we probably should be promoting less beef (and other animal proteins) consumption?
    Do we really get enough extra peptides of ones like say collagen or creatine to really make any difference for most people?
    Will we soon be seeing ad campaigns for "Sous Vide Chick Roast - for younger
    looking skin and fewer wrinkles"? :)
    +1. That last paragraph indeed sums it up.

I have issues with this conclusion though:
    "When the team placed the cooked beef in simulated gastric and intestinal fluids, the meat cooked by sous vide released a greater quantity and variety of peptides than meat cooked by the other methods, indicating increased digestibility."

That's quite a leap to make. 

A neat project, nonetheless. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Eating some leftover Popeye’s spicy chicken, reading the hilarious WAYBN thread and watching terrible college football. Shaping up to be a great Saturday. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Going through old messages in my inbox. Heres John calling everyone morons since they dont agree with him.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Lit said:
    Going through old messages in my inbox. Heres John calling everyone morons since they dont agree with him.
    Yes, you are right.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker