Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,456
    Kayak said:
    You could have gone so much larger...

Only 10 foot. COVID has had an impact on the Christmas tree industry. 
    I always suspected pine's could get covid....
    Watch out for owlet, or bat, hiding in the pine  ;)
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Kayak said:

Forgive me, I’m kind of a moron, but COVID does affect supply lines and work forces. Maybe I am just missing your brand of sarcasm. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:
    Having a mug at my local brewery after hanging the Christmas lights. 

At least one staple per light, many have two. I’ll post a picture of them on later, perfectly straight for my OCD. The previous owner had hooks up for Christmas lights, handy while hanging them but I can’t stand sloppy drooping lights. Those hooks are coming off when we repaint soon.  

Oh my! 😳
    A little extra time is worth it.

In the first pic of the latest series sent, there appears to be some slight issue where the lower roof section transitions to the upper roof section. This doesn’t bother me in the least, but I’m pretty sure someone is overwhelmed with anxiety over the minor imperfection. Looks fabulous IMO!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Kayak said:

Forgive me, I’m kind of a moron, but COVID does affect supply lines and work forces. Maybe I am just missing your brand of sarcasm. 
    The lame joke was like if Dutch elm disease affected humans, then trees would have to harvest shorter humans.
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    lousubcap said:
    Acn said:
    Wrapping presents.  Also, hoping that having something under the tree will keeps the cats from going crazy on the tree skirt and knocking the whole thing down.
    @Acn - nothing personal here but I'm rooting for the cats for the opening salvo!  B)
    @lousubcap - They were thinking...

But in the end, some bows that had been on presents were the only casualties of night one.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Dinner tonight. Looked easy for $14.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Buying a Sega for my grandnephew for Christmas. 
    That's awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    2 hours in. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

At least one staple per light, many have two. I’ll post a picture of them on later, perfectly straight for my OCD. The previous owner had hooks up for Christmas lights, handy while hanging them but I can’t stand sloppy drooping lights. Those hooks are coming off when we repaint soon.  

Oh my! 😳

In the first pic of the latest series sent, there appears to be some slight issue where the lower roof section transitions to the upper roof section. This doesn’t bother me in the least, but I’m pretty sure someone is overwhelmed with anxiety over the minor imperfection. Looks fabulous IMO!!
    Oh man, that part does bother me but I’d have to get more creative to run the lights until the lower roof line ends then start a whole new strand on that higher roof. These lights came from our last house so I was lucky they stretched along the entire length of the house. When it comes time to get new strands I’ll fix this area.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,456
    edited November 2020
    2 hours in. 
    Great cheese assortment.

Hope you don’t mind me saying this, looks like some edges are melting a bit, fwiw I put a pan of ice cubes on platesetter. Not sure what’s your heat/smoke source, I find burning pellets in Amazn tray or tube keeps temp cooler than lumps. In the early years I used to smoke with soldering iron and soup can.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    2 hours in. 
    Great cheese assortment.

Hope you don’t mind me saying this, looks like some edges are melting a bit, fwiw I put a pan of ice cubes on platesetter. I also find burning pellets in Amazon tray or tube keeps temp cooler than lumps. 
    These are being smoked with a Amaz-N tube. When I took the pics, the cheese was still all pretty firm. I think the edges on some of these pieces are looking melty from the packaging. 

Thanks for the input, I don’t smoke cheese regularly and am always up for pointers. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Cornholio said:
     pgprescott said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

Oh my! 😳

Oh man, that part does bother me but I’d have to get more creative to run the lights until the lower roof line ends then start a whole new strand on that higher roof. These lights came from our last house so I was lucky they stretched along the entire length of the house. When it comes time to get new strands I’ll fix this area.
    They look great! 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    What's wrong with the old version?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    What's wrong with the old version?
    Nothing.  Keep posting all of your updates there.  Good talk!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho said:
    That's awesome!
    Yeah, without going into details he’s had a rough year.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    WeberWho said:
    That's awesome!
    Yeah, without going into details he’s had a rough year.
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully a little gaming will be a good distraction and nice gesture from you!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Registering 2 new yeti soft packs. They warranty replaced both zipper models with the magnetic series. Let’s see if these last....
  • Waiting patiently for JIC to start a “Non OT WAYBRN” thread
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

Heh.  I was just happy to discover the “What Are You Drinking Right Now” wasn’t an OT thread.  
    Heh.  I was just happy to discover the “What Are You Drinking Right Now” wasn’t an OT thread.  
    You can't power grab that thread too 😝
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • Sheldon_Nigel
    Sheldon_Nigel Posts: 173
    edited November 2020
    Small rib roast tonight. 

That looks amazing! Your photos look great too.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • Small rib roast tonight. 

Good to see you around here buddy.  That looks incredible.  We’re still working on Thanksgiving leftovers lol.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Small rib roast tonight. 

@tarheelmatt - nice cook stranger 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Just finished watching “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon