Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It’s on like Donkey Kong!!... Thanksgiving 2020 - show us whatcha got

Options

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just the 5 of us this year so breast only (even though I'm a dark meat guy). 
    You showed tremendous restraint. Faced with just three this year we plowed ahead and followed the recommended ratio of 5 pounds per person.
    Stillwater, MN
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Cheers to you and yours.  

Absolutely one of my favorite all time bourbons. I Fo is my house brand. The last slushees we had at the blast was from my private selection of bottled in bond, special reserve.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    Herb butter stuffed breast roulade wrapped in skin (meat glued) ready for the bath. 
    I started out with this on my radar. Even got some meat glue in time. But caliqueen reminded me that we weren’t cooking for 40 people, and that I had to nix my plans for turkey-8-ways. 
    Quitter 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I finished injecting turkeys at 2am this morning. I lit the offset at 7:30 this morning. We're finally about to start our own Thanksgiving here at the house. 

Turkeys:

A turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, vegetables, rolls, and a pumpkin pie for a couple families. 

I just finished dropping off a couple meals for my parents and a coworker. My coworker had no idea about the meal I left it on her front steps. I just received her text:

It seems like a success. My wife was a huge help. It was very much overwhelming at times but we pushed through it. I couldn't even imagine running a restaurant. I can't wait to get this belly full and falling smooth asleep!
    I love this so much. We were able to help a family out this year too but we definitely took the easy way out (Venmo) 😂 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This was our first Thanksgiving w/o my Father in Law.   One thing that did bring leveled to the situation was how full the gravy boat was at the end of the day.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    The wife and I are have Thanksgiving with my BIL. With all the stuff I have to cook with at home - this is what I’m cooking on now. 

My best cooks have been on kettles.
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options

And as long as we're sharing, my wife failed to move what was in front of the liquor cabinet last night, but was able to crack it open and grab a bottle of bourbon for her pecan pie.

Grabbed my bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.

My oh my.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Just the 5 of us this year so breast only (even though I'm a dark meat guy). 
    You showed tremendous restraint. Faced with just three this year we plowed ahead and followed the recommended ratio of 5 pounds per person.
    LOL. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Wolfpack said:
    YukonRon said:
    Our children are home this week, and I get to meet our daughter’s next boyfriend. (This is the one dad, I really mean it this time.) I got that going for me.

We are doing a couple of SRF Prime Rib Roasts. I am going to smoke them with pecan, and will use some gunpowder rub, which has become my go to.  My Beautiful Wife will be baking all day, while I take care of the egg (and a couple of Calistoga cabs)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Stay safe, stay well, and thank you all for the friendships I have made here.
    That sounds like a memorable day- hoping this is the one for your daughter and a day to remember for the family. The wine sounds like a winner- breaking out some Aubert tomorrow. Time to celebrate the close of a crappy year. 
    I call him #9. 😳 She made me promise not to give him the “I will kill you talk” it frightens most of them away.
    Aubert, is awesome. Stay safe and enjoy this day. We deserve it.
    Our best as always, 
    Ron and Suzy.
    When my g'daughter brings a new fella, when they are leaving, I always make a point to tell him how much we think of her and that if he mistreats her, that I have no problem whatsoever of going back to prison.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    That's the smart way to do it! I don't blame you one bit. When I bought the smoker it was just my wife and I. Way overkill and probably not the best decision with a smoker that size. So I promised myself that I'd use it for something positive. I have no excuse not to make an extra meal on Thanksgiving with it.
    That's good smoker karma right there.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    womaus said:

And as long as we're sharing, my wife failed to move what was in front of the liquor cabinet last night, but was able to crack it open and grab a bottle of bourbon for her pecan pie.

My oh my.
    Oh no! 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    womaus said:

My oh my.
    Ouch.  I have a friend who’s college son drank his bottle with his college buddies mixing it with Coke while shooting pool in their basement.

That’s got to hurt. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    What a great thread. Hope all are enjoying a good day
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
     Only pic I got 

That’s the only one you need my friend 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options

Max max method on this 13 pounder.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • caliking
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Please let your kids know that they put together a terrific spread.

I'm assuming that your daughter made the top left & top right items. The one on the right looks particularly good, but I'd like to hear about the other one too. 

• caliking
    Options
    Why does the turkey in the new banner look kinda wonky and sad, but the ones posted in this thread look so fabulous??