Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Comments

• dmchicago said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Good times, I only took a short snooze @dmchicago was down for the count. 😂
    I woke up at 12:30 and my computer had run out of power.
    We thank you for your contribution to the evening. SWMBO thought your collapse pose was perfect. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    dmchicago said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Good times, I only took a short snooze @dmchicago was down for the count. 😂
    I woke up at 12:30 and my computer had run out of power.
    We thank you for your contribution to the evening. SWMBO thought your collapse pose was perfect. :)
    When I go down, I go down hard.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,007
    edited November 2020
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker @20stone @lousubcap oh it’s happening tonight!

| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• Bump.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Beat me to it.  First up-tomorrow is Friday 11/13. so don't let any paraskevidekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia  or triskaidekaphobia or anything else you want to call the day/date, be an excuse.  Doors open around 9 PM (EST).  Drop in and enjoy great conversation, beverages of your choice and the opportunity to learn something new every week.  
    Here's the link:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373  and the P/W is unchanged since inception 6+ months ago.  PM me and I will send it along.   Hope to see you there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • When all of this COVID stuff is over I believe there should be a meetup at @JohnInCarolina 's place to celebrate. :D 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker @20stone @lousubcap oh it’s happening tonight!

That's a Beauty!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Friday the 13th! 
    I'll try to hop on for a bit
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Friday the 13th! 
    Friday the 13th, 2020!   :o  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch said:
    Friday the 13th! 
    What could possibly go wrong?!?!?!?
  • nolaegghead
    edited November 2020
    Botch said:
    Friday the 13th! 

I can think of plenty of things.  Folks, if you thought you signed off, make damn sure you're really off before you get....nevermind.  Just so we don't have any Jeffry Toobin episodes.

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Botch said:
    Friday the 13th! 

I can think of plenty of things.  Folks, if you thought you signed off, make damn sure you're really off before you get....nevermind.  Just so we don't have any Jeffry Toobin episodes.
    Per Bill Maher, "toobin' " is now a verb... :lol:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Botch said:
    Friday the 13th! 
    I’ll probably fall asleep earlier?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    Bump to the top of the page-It's on for tonight!  9 PM (EST) doors open-a not to be missed experience  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373
    DM for the password if you don't have it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Doors open-no mask needed.  Social distancing practiced.  Drop in for a pint or two.  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I’ll be there in a bit.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,007
    edited November 2020
    Going strong at 01:00 Eastern ... we're on to talking about smoke and protein matching

• lousubcap
    Thoroughly entertaining, great participants, wide-ranging conversation and many thanks to all for showing up and special acknowledgement to @Stormbringer who droped in at 4 AM (GMT).   
    No "Man down" this session unless happening after I just checked out.  Today's learning discussion for me, "Dairy cattle and managing their feed mix" which won over, "Dehydrating cow $hit and reuse",  although closely related.
    And yes, we did discuss some Q related subjects.  
    Thanks to @JohnInCarolina for enabling this to occur.
    Until the next one-Stay healthy and safe.  
  • Going strong at 01:00 Eastern ... we're on to talking about smoke and protein matching

Lol at @nolaegghead’s backdrop. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Didn’t make it. The wife had me putting the Christmas 🎄 up. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    Bump for alertment purposes.
    Doors open around 9 PM (EST).  Drop in and enjoy great conversation, beverages of your choice and the opportunity to learn something new every week.  
    Here's the link:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373  and the P/W is unchanged since inception 7 months ago.  PM me and I will send it along.   Hope to see you there.
  • Thanks Frank.  Should be lots of things worth discussing this week.  Lots of weird wild stuff going on. 
  • nolaegghead
    Thanks Frank.  Should be lots of things worth discussing this week.  Lots of weird wild stuff going on. 
    Really?  What's going on?  I thought it was a slow news week.

Oh, there's the refrigerator shortage, we must talk about that.  Also, corn and soybean prices are up. Maybe we could discuss which foods are high in fiber and why should we be so concerned with fiber.  As a side topic, how parasites can mitigate colon cancer.