Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Comments

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 11,351
    Is after 5 in China, so go ahead.  Biden's been in bed since noon, so you won't him.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 2,557
    thetrim said:
    Is after 5 in China, so go ahead.  Biden's been in bed since noon, so you won't him.
    lol, he has done more actual presidential work in the last two days than OJ has done the last 30. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 10,972
    lousubcap said:
    Gonna be a challenge to stay way from the third rail tonight.  If the majority want to go there then I will defer and just sit back and watch/listen to  the pi$$ing contest.
    Words to live by-don't pee on an energized electric fence=)

You speaking from experience, there... Cap?  ;)
    I'm thinking the majority of us who've worked on neighbors' farms know this experience.  
    lousubcap said:
    Gonna be a challenge to stay way from the third rail tonight.  If the majority want to go there then I will defer and just sit back and watch/listen to  the pi$$ing contest.

I'm thinking the majority of us who've worked on neighbors' farms know this experience.  
    One of the funniest damn things I've ever seen was when one of my neighbor's cows found out what it is like to lick an electric fence.  I don't think I'll ever see a cow run that fast for the rest of my life.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • thetrim said:
    Do you even English, brah?
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 35,798
    lousubcap said:

So that's how he lost the hair.... Now I understand.

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 23,153
    For the record, I may have been 10 years old at the time and the stimuli was not something to forget.  =)
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 2,031
    Wish I could make it on tonight. Wife got some medical news that isn't too great, yet. She had to get an ultrasound on her neck and they found three growths on her thyroid. Most likely NOT cancer, but won't know for sure until further testing. Catch you guys soon.
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
    Wish I could make it on tonight. Wife got some medical news that isn't too great, yet. She had to get an ultrasound on her neck and they found three growths on her thyroid. Most likely NOT cancer, but won't know for sure until further testing. Catch you guys soon.

Sorry to hear, hope it's nothing.  Godspeed.

• And we're off!

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
    @Battleborn - Best wishes and godspeed.  Stay strong.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 19,366
    edited November 2020
    Ooof.  Hope that all works out OK.  Keep us posted man.

The other ahole

Living large in the 919

• "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • We have a man down.

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • Incoming ...
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com

• Second man down ... 

Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.

Thoroughly entertaining, great participants, and many thanks to all for showing up.  Still rolling so jump in if so inclined.  
    Special recognition to @Stormbringer for upholding the highest standards of the Queen and those across the pond.  Great perspective as always.  Many thanks!
    For the record- two men down this session and the learned topic "Gummy Bears."  Third rail was quite civil and no one tested continuity of the stream!
    Thanks to @JohnInCarolina for enabling this to occur.
    Until the next one-Stay healthy and safe.  
  • @bucky925

We can help with the gummy bears. Message me
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX

• @bubbajack tapped out, @smak and I are still going

• smaksmak Posts: 192
    @Stormbringer mad respect for hanging with the time difference.
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 2,557
    Hate I missed it guys, swmbo had other plans.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap said:
    Thoroughly entertaining, great participants, and many thanks to all for showing up.  Still rolling so jump in if so inclined.  
    Special recognition to @Stormbringer for upholding the highest standards of the Queen and those across the pond.  Great perspective as always.  Many thanks!
    For the record- two men down this session and the learned topic "Gummy Bears."  Third rail was quite civil and no one tested continuity of the stream!
    Thanks to @JohnInCarolina for enabling this to occur.
    Until the next one-Stay healthy and safe.  
    Thank you Frank!  Lots of fun last night.  

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 15,003
    Great to hang out with y'all again. Fun times.

And yes, @stormbringer, you get extra credit ! That raan looks lovely, btw. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 6,316
    My wife and I watched a movie. I told her I was going to join the zoom after 10:00 when it was rolling along. 

I woke up in my recliner about 2:00 AM... Sorry I missed y’all. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 5,652
    Good times, I only took a short snooze @dmchicago was down for the count. 😂

Johns Creek, Georgia