Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,522
    Options
    EEEEEWWWW ... neon pink sausages??
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,438
    Options
    For those serious in the sausage game, check out Vemag, Haantman or Risco 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Maybe a cold smoke chamber in the refrigerated area, port on the outside to push some smoke in?

edit - and a port to vent it back out as well.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    edited November 2020
    Options
    SciAggie said:

This on a smaller scale. A DIY project.
    Going to use a Conex box?. They are great for this type of thing and you can get a decent 30' for around $3k.  We use them for tack and stuff.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Haven’t even thought that far yet. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac Haven’t even thought that far yet. 
    Some outfits will even cut and modify them for you.  We just have them delivered and droppee off.  Add racks and stuff to the insides.  Water tight, mostly vermin proof, easy to lock up.  Can add multiple for larger sizes or more storage.  Like Lego blocks for adults.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    A new range.
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    TTC said:
    A new range.
    Whad'ya get?   :)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Options
    I ordered some stupid plastic oil bottles for the kitchen.  I've gone thru at least 3 metal oil cans, all leaked, and the plastic squeeze bottle I got at the Asian market also leaked, around the screw-top.  It can't be that *%^#! hard!

Oxo Good Grips had a two-bottle set for $9; their stuff is usually bulletproof, I hope so.  

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Stuff I actually needed on clearance...
    Options

Ozone Generator to freshen up the house and vehicles 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    @nolaegghead - tomorrow at 12:09pm you turn yours on and I’ll turn mine on and we’ll clean up the air between Nola and Ky. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Went to the dark side and bought the new IPhone 12. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Bought a Rabbit corkscrew at an estate sale yesterday for $3. Mint condition. Original receipt inside said $80 in 2001. Works perfectly. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,035
    Options
    This is the best/worst time to buy outdoor equipment here in MN. Most people want outdoor stuff gone so they don't have to store it for another winter. Like lawn mowers in the fall and snowblowers in the spring. Pressure washer go into the fall category. I came across this Honda pressure washer on Craigslist that has been listed for 3 weeks at $75. That just shows you how it's the best/worst time to buy outdoor equipment. Assuming they didn't want to store this thing over the winter season I offered $50. They said come and pick it up! 

The previous owner went electric and didn't have any use for it. He said it runs and everything works. I figure I was only out $50 if it was a complete pile of garbage. It had oil, air filter was clean, and no visual leaks. So I took it home. 

Once home it took 3 pulls and it fired right up. The previous owner said he started earlier this fall to make sure everything worked. I don't think it's seen any real abuse. The only petty issue I found was a small leak on the wand. I took it apart and found a torn o-ring. I replaced the o-ring and was back in business. It should be a nice little pressure washer. It's far from anything commercial wise. Not too many bells and whistles with it and only being 2400 PSI. It should work for light duty cleaning around the house. I already cleaned the dirt bike,  Karubecue, and egg grids with it. Now I'm the one who has to winterize and store it....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Botch said:
    I ordered some stupid plastic oil bottles for the kitchen.  I've gone thru at least 3 metal oil cans, all leaked, and the plastic squeeze bottle I got at the Asian market also leaked, around the screw-top.  It can't be that *%^#! hard!

Oxo Good Grips had a two-bottle set for $9; their stuff is usually bulletproof, I hope so.  
    Ceramic is way to go I think. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Options
    Botch said:

Ceramic is way to go I think. 
    My Oxo's arrive tomorrow, I'll let you know Tues if I go ceramic.  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Glass, man.  Buy glass oil bottles. 
    Options

edited November 2020
    Options
    My copy of "A Promised Land" (Volume 1) arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to dive into all 768 pages of it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lightningque
    Options
    Ordered a Thermapen MK4,  hope its more accurate than my Javeline duo pro.  had it for two years, started getting random readings so I put new battery and no change.  Figured it was time to buy the MK4 since everyone seems to be using them. 
    1 large in challenger cart and 1 mini-max , too many dang accessories  

Baton Rouge LA 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,355
    Options
    Ordered a Thermapen MK4,  hope its more accurate than my Javeline duo pro.  had it for two years, started getting random readings so I put new battery and no change.  Figured it was time to buy the MK4 since everyone seems to be using them. 

I've had a few Javelins for a few years. No problems (that I didn't cause at least) so far.
    Is it still under warranty? I had one of the original pocket size models fail at about a year old and they replaced it hassle free.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lightningque
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I've had a few Javelins for a few years. No problems (that I didn't cause at least) so far.
    Is it still under warranty? I had one of the original pocket size models fail at about a year old and they replaced it hassle free.
    I sent them an email about it to see if they will warrant it if I get a replacement that would be great but I figure I got my money out of it in two years time because it certainly gets used almost daily.   Bought the thermapen with reward points from bank card and they gave me 10% off for signing up for emails.  Pretty good deal I thought.  
    1 large in challenger cart and 1 mini-max , too many dang accessories  

Baton Rouge LA 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,784
    Options

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options

I knew you were nuts, Fish!
    Options
    This little thing looks pretty cool. Lots of cooking ability for the $269 price tag. Comes with extra cooking and fire grates for the hibachi set up. Gonna go grab something good to cook tonight.