Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Game on...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Red girl (AKA Deven AKA Fire) sporting SWMBO's mask of masks....
    Bit of a letdown.  I was expecting the horse head...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    I just declared victory for another great forum Friday Zoom session.  Many thanks to those who stopped in for the first time.  Hope to see you all again.  As always, entertaining, informative and learned a few things.  While I lacked the skills to get "my big white horse" as my background shot, here you go:

It was a great evening.  Thanks as always to @JohnInCarolina for making this possible.  Until next week, be healthy and safe.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,007
    lousubcap said:
    Game on...
    Sounds like it was a great evening. Sadly I was on early start on Friday. I should be able to join in on 30th Oct.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• lousubcap
    For those of you who attended last night's session and are realizing you may not recall all that was said or if you are just looking for the summary of the Zoom, you are left to your own imagination.  A scroll back thru this thread will likely touch on all that was talked about in one form or another and should there be a new subject, like "what it takes to get a taxi license in London" then it should make the hit parade if anyone is keeping score.  
    So, drop in sometime and check it out.  Then draw your own conclusions.  Always worth the price of admission!  
    Be healthy and stay safe.  
  • Somehow we’ve managed to dodge this bullet so far:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Thank God our sessions aren’t “professional” I guess.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    “During a professional zoom call.”  Got it.
  • lousubcap
    edited October 2020
    We do quite well with managing the third rail.  This would take it to a whole new level-not one I need to experience B)
    Edit:  Team America is funny enough!
  • Legume
    Frank, are these Friday call considered professional?  Asking for John a friend.
  • lousubcap
    edited October 2020
    Don't know about your friend but these are definitely considered professional by my sanctioning agency.  Learn something new every time.   B)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    So if someone does "accidentally" expose the Friday night zoom session, please make sure it's your wife.
    Toobin probably shouldn't be throwing stones.

What

A

Loser!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Somehow we’ve managed to dodge this bullet so far:

Challenge Accepted!  

Do they make a webcam with a zoom lens?  (no pun intended) 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    Bump to see if there is any interest?  The World Series will be on the virtual watering hole TV's.  You can change at will.  Doors open around 9 PM (EDT) if the chairman ( @JohnInCarolina ) still has his account and activates the Zoom.  
    Session linked here:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373
    Password unchanged since inception 6 months ago.  PM me and I'll send along.
    All are welcomed.  Worth the price of admission.  
  • I probably won't make it on tomorrow night folks, but I'll make sure the call is up and running.  
  • lousubcap
    I'll open the doors and hope to "see" new attendees and the usual crowd.  
    Somehow I sense a decrease in participation.  I get it given we are 6+ months into this covid escape but what's the covid alternative??  B)
    You are encouraged to wear a mask and practice social distancing if that will ease the concerns.   =)  Stop in and enjoy yourself. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I'm going to give it a shot later today ....i've never up late enough to be there when it is really going, but always fun
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Just been very busy, hoping to make it back
  • nolaegghead
    lkapigian said:
    I'm going to give it a shot later today ....i've never up late enough to be there when it is really going, but always fun
    Larry, you are 4 hours ahead of Eastern time, what, you go to bed at 6PM?

Good chance I'll zoom in a bit later.  Puppets never got it on last time and they're rubbing all over the furniture.
    lkapigian said:
    Larry, you are 4 hours ahead of Eastern time, what, you go to bed at 6PM?

I settle in early , I get up @ 3 am...force of habit ...but usually in bed by 8 and Friday is my cocktail day so my mind goes quick. =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Cocktail day?  Singular?
  • lousubcap
    edited October 2020
    Participation is what counts for me.  However you get here.  
    Edit: Weather moving thru-hoping the power stays on.  F'ing with the generator (not an auto setup) is a royal pain.  
  • I’ll jump on later in the evening. Maybe 10-ish central 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    The more the merrier. Looking forward to it as it appears based on reservations we will have a good crowd.  Plenty of open seats/tables available!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Legume said:
    Cocktail day?  Singular?
    At a time  =) we. Try and pick 2 days usually Friday Sunday 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Remember to make sure that your camera is off before reaching for the lotion and tissues.  =)

I’ll go ahead and see myself out now. 
  • Cornholio said:
    Remember to make sure that your camera is off before reaching for the lotion and tissues.  =)

I’ll go ahead and see myself out now. 
    Don’t pull “a Toobin” 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead