Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    She had a BBQ addict website that is down. @sgh
    Thank you. I did not know that. I hope all is well with her. Surely someone here knows her and can give a update. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone. Where are you? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Found some Rockwood at $25 a bag. So I got that going for me. 
    I’ll check my garage. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Today I burned some roast beef hash.  Badly.  All part of learning a new stove, I guess.  I do claim 0.5 point for not using my non-stick T-Fal, but rather my 'spensive All-Clad frypan; still took an afternoon soak to get it clean.  
    With great Power, Comes great Responsibility.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    Making a pan of enchiladas with our left over pulled pork. Wanted to try to make Brunswick Stew for the first time, but stew didn't sound great when it was 100 outside.
    Las Vegas, NV

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Battleborn Enchiladas are always good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    Question for all. What became of smokingal? Haven’t seen her post in a while. Hope all is well. 
    Good question , it's not just here she has disappeared  from, I've been trying to dig deep and figure it out 
    If I may ask, what else has she disappeared from?
    @SGH her URL. For bbq addict expired with no renewal , she has not posted to her Instagram since the same time she disappeared from our forum ....I have an SEO that I meet with monthly I have asked to dig into her URL , I hope and pray all is OK
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I don't think anything can surprise me anymore.
    ?
    canuckland
  • SGH
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    Question for all. What became of smokingal? Haven’t seen her post in a while. Hope all is well. 
    Good question , it's not just here she has disappeared  from, I've been trying to dig deep and figure it out 
    @SGH her URL. For bbq addict expired with no renewal , she has not posted to her Instagram since the same time she disappeared from our forum ....I have an SEO that I meet with monthly I have asked to dig into her URL , I hope and pray all is OK
    I certainly hope that she is ok as well 🙏

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    keep some notes @botch mine has yet to be delivered, installed.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    I looked at the whois report for her website domain name and it appears that the domain was shutdown/transferred on July 27th.

It's available for purchase now for $118 from ionos.com

I don't have free access to historical whois info and even if I did I doubt that it would provide any useful info. Almost all domain name registrations now hide the private info of the owner of the domain name.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    keep some notes @botch mine has yet to be delivered, installed.
    They do seem to take awhile; mine was an "open-box, Clearance" that I bought 2 Sept or so, they ordered the missing 5th knob at that time but it's still not here.  
    Deep Breaths.   ;)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    + @blasting

I really hope he's doing okay. I wish we could find any type of update on him. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,121
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    + @blasting

And @Chubbs
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    brother gets another foot cut off in half an hour, new ankle replacement, then everything bolted back together. hope this one comes out as good as his last one.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    + @blasting

And @Chubbs
    @Sea2Ski @theyolksonyou

I have tried Marks ( sea2ski ) no luck , don't have Jason's number 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    + @blasting

And @Chubbs
    @Sea2Ski @theyolksonyou

I shot Jason a msg.  Will let you know if I hear back.  Probably get automatically moved to Spam assuming I am asking him to vote or something 😁
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jason is fine.  he's on a SMS thread I'm on with bunch of other forum expats
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Jason is fine.  he's on a SMS thread I'm on with bunch of other forum expats

lkapigian said:
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    + @blasting

And @Chubbs
    @Sea2Ski @theyolksonyou

Yup, his password got hosed up during the great password debacle of '20.  He is alive and kicking.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanking the total kindness of a stranger.  Out rolling the tires on a relatively newly paved road with good sight lines and the on-coming truck flashes his lights.  Sure enough about 1/2 mile on there is the speed trap.  First time I have seen one on this road in the 20 plus years I have lived here.  
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  However, given recent close calls I am convinced my luck is reaching the end of its run.  But it is a fun challenge.  
    Surely you were not violating any criminal or civil ordinances, regardless of a kind stranger indicating the presence of a Peace Officer.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanking the total kindness of a stranger.  Out rolling the tires on a relatively newly paved road with good sight lines and the on-coming truck flashes his lights.  Sure enough about 1/2 mile on there is the speed trap.  First time I have seen one on this road in the 20 plus years I have lived here.  
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  However, given recent close calls I am convinced my luck is reaching the end of its run.  But it is a fun challenge.  
    Your citation is in the mail Cap.
    Las Vegas, NV

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    something about loose lips and ships....
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    Well last night I found out that the kid who lived up the hill from me when I was growing up got carried away by the Rona. Of course he was 62 and had a long term medical condition but he deserves a little air time. That leaves his daughter and his sister as the only remaining members of his family. 
    On the other hand I heard today that hurricane Delta will hit he Gulfcoast just in time for the weekend. 2020, the year that just won't effing go away.
  • SGH
    Options
    The very same can be said of loose sphincters.  

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,403
    Options
    @nolaegghead- you should put on your forum recruiting hat and get after the expats and see what would get them back here.  This place ebbs and flows around the friendliest place label all the time.  Certainly there is something for anyone once the Friday night Zoom gets rolling.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Trying to line up housing for an emotionally challenged uncle (80yo) being kicked out of his trailer 11/1. It's one of those - too healthy to institutionalize, too unwell to be on his own situations. It's also one of those "He ain't livin' with me" situations. Get out the checkbook and warm up the cosigning pen...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    SGH said:
    The very same can be said of loose sphincters.  

Loose sphincters soil ships and are also common on ships.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95