Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Fundraiser for Operation BBQ Relief, Special Zoom Session

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    Done. 
    Great work all!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TideEggHead
    Options
    Sent. 
    I can also attest to what others have said OBR, they are top notch in my book. Saw them in action after hurricane Harvey and Michael, they do some great work!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Can't pass up a good cause.  Even if JIC organized it ;)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    👍
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    caliking said:
    Done.

For anyone wondering about the OBR outfit, @20stone, @The Cen-Tex Smoker, my Pops, and yours truly,  pitched in when they came to Houston in the aftermath of Harvey. To say they run an impressive operation, is a gross understatement.

For days, semis pulled in with donations of bread, rub, canned goods, meats, etc. and a very dedicated crew cranked out grub for folks in need of a warm meal in their bellies.  Around the clock. It was humbling to see them in action, and be a small part of it. 

Please give what you can. Your hard-earned $$ will be put to exceptional use. 
    And my daughter joined you guys as well @caliking

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We're at $1,972 - great work everyone!  We're doing some real good here!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    2020 now =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    2020 now =)
    Only very briefly did you manage that, but nicely done. We're at $2120 right now.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Just so I'm clear in my foggy old mind, this will be a contious Zoom Friday through Saurday , not 2 sessions ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Just so I'm clear in my foggy old mind, this will be a contious Zoom Friday through Saurday , not 2 sessions ?
    Yes, but people won't need to keep the session running on their side.  They can log out and log back on as they wish.  The link will just be the same for both days.
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Yes, but people won't need to keep the session running on their side.  They can log out and log back on as they wish.  The link will just be the same for both days.
    For the dedicated few on the eastern side of the pond it would be feasible to join in for an early  breakfast on the 3rd. 😂
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    John, how many additional months of ruining the forum does this goodwill buy?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    John, how many additional months of ruining the forum does this goodwill buy?
    Ha!  Not sure I can take much of the credit for this one.  The idea arose out of a group discussion last Friday night.  I really don't recall who suggested the idea of the fundraiser or that we might pick OBR.  In fact, I don't recall much of anything from that discussion (some adult beverages may have been involved)...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    The bar conversations about this settled in fairly quickly and it was a no-brainer once OBR was suggested (like JIC I can't recall the source).  But is was meant to be as Sunday AM I got an email blast from OBR about their current deployment.  
    @johninCarolina ran with it and the results speak for themselves!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    Done.

For anyone wondering about the OBR outfit, @20stone, @The Cen-Tex Smoker, my Pops, and yours truly,  pitched in when they came to Houston in the aftermath of Harvey. To say they run an impressive operation, is a gross understatement.

For days, semis pulled in with donations of bread, rub, canned goods, meats, etc. and a very dedicated crew cranked out grub for folks in need of a warm meal in their bellies.  Around the clock. It was humbling to see them in action, and be a small part of it. 

Correct. Per usual, that event reminded us how much more we enjoy your kids' company vs. yours.
    Well played.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The bar conversations about this settled in fairly quickly and it was a no-brainer once OBR was suggested (like JIC I can't recall the source).  But is was meant to be as Sunday AM I got an email blast from OBR about their current deployment.  
    @johninCarolina ran with it and the results speak for themselves!
    I think it was very fast.  I popped on around 2am GMT and ya'll were already off to the races. Just one of the many great things about this forum.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    Done.

Correct. Per usual, that event reminded us how much more we enjoy your kids' company vs. yours.
    Especially when they share Dan's beer with us.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - We can do MST as well.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - We can do MST as well.   B)
    That joke was just for you Cap 😅
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    There are probably another 10 people missing that all have the same strain of herpes.  Good times.  We'll do it again soon, I hope (sans herpes).
    Options
    Hopefully we won't be telling our grandchildren about the "good ol' days".
    Options
    Hopefully we won't be telling our grandchildren about the "good ol' days".
    You are already optimistic!  Grandchildren.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    If there ever was a pre-covid pic collage that sums up "the way things used to be", this may be it.
    That was quite a day.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If there ever was a pre-covid pic collage that sums up "the way things used to be", this may be it.
    That was quite a day.  

sorry i missed that one.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I know I had a drink from that bottle, I guess the pic got lost!

Johns Creek, Georgia