Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uhmmm....

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867

Womp womp.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    There's a pretty good chance the Dems will win the popular vote again.
    Botch said:
    Battleborn said:
    While I'm not here to say that this was a good use of force. Maybe, on this one we should let the investigation play out before we talk about shooting an unarmed man. 

There is a HELL of a lot more we ALL need to know, before judging this situation; despite so many already having done so...   :|
    What a terrible position to put those police officers in. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Here's the video by the way, if you haven't seen it:

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2020

Why in the world someone would try to continue about their business as if it was no thing is beyond me. I can't say, for certain, that I wouldnt shoot in that situation.  There is zero chance this will ever get better when people refuse to be compliant with an officers commands. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    edited August 2020
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2020

Why in the world someone would try to continue about their business as if it was no thing is beyond me. I can't say, for certain, that I wouldnt shoot in that situation.  There is zero chance this will ever get better when people refuse to be compliant with an officers commands. 
    I wouldn't walk away from an officer yelling at me either, but I was still shocked to see him get shot in the back the way that he was.  While he is not paying attention to the officers, he is also walking away from them and does not appear to be threatening them in any kind of a physical manner.  I have a hard time simply rationalizing away him getting shot seven times in the back under those circumstances.  

But as others have said upstream, perhaps we should all cool our jets a bit and wait to see what the investigation reveals.  And also what the man says when he comes out of the critical care unit.  The latest reports are that he's alive and has some paralysis below the waist, which hopefully isn't permanent.  
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2020
    I've made my kids watch this video to ensure they understand why it's necessary for compliance. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited August 2020
    Heres another video that starts earlier on the other side of the car. You can see them wrestling at the back of the car then he walks around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l1uv7DU8Q2Y
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338

I wouldn't walk away from an officer yelling at me either, but I was still shocked to see him get shot in the back the way that he was.  While he is not paying attention to the officers, he is also walking away from them and does not appear to be threatening them in any kind of a physical manner.  I have a hard time simply rationalizing away him getting shot seven times in the back under those circumstances.  

But as others have said upstream, perhaps we should all cool our jets a bit and wait to see what the investigation reveals.  And also what the man says when he comes out of the critical care unit.  The latest reports are that he's alive and has some paralysis below the waist, which hopefully isn't permanent.  
    The problem here isn't where he got shot. IF and I do stress IF, there is a justifiable reason to use deadly force, those shots presented the best possible backdrop. They are in a residential neighborhood and there are obviously people walking around. At least in the car (yes, I am aware of the children in the car) there is an engine block to stop over travel of potential rounds. 

At the end of the day, that officer is going to have to answer for every round he discharged. It is unfortunate that there isn't body camera footage available to tell the story.
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina

The problem here isn't where he got shot. IF and I do stress IF, there is a justifiable reason to use deadly force, those shots presented the best possible backdrop. They are in a residential neighborhood and there are obviously people walking around. At least in the car (yes, I am aware of the children in the car) there is an engine block to stop over travel of potential rounds. 

At the end of the day, that officer is going to have to answer for every round he discharged. It is unfortunate that there isn't body camera footage available to tell the story.
    The car isn’t important to me except that he’s in it very briefly, and the officer can be seen to be pulling on his shirt to keep him out and then very quickly afterward discharging his weapon into his backside.  I kind of doubt there was much thought put into the engine block in that moment.

The officer clearly reacted in the heat of the moment, and time will tell I suppose whether or not he had any justification for the decision he made.
  • JohnInCarolina

“Should I not have done that?  Was that wrong?”
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161

large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

Trumpy does seem to be courting the QAnon crowd. It's gobsmacking that there are apparently so many of those folks idjits around that they would be enough of his base to matter.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    HeavyG said:

Trumpy does seem to be courting the QAnon crowd. It's gobsmacking that there are apparently so many of those folks idjits around that they would be enough of his base to matter.
    We all like to joke about these crackpots, but I think one of them is going to end up blowing up a building or some crazy shitt.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Or shooting up a pizza joint....
    If that guy had a MAGA hat in the pants, I wonder what some on here would think?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    That dude behind Trump looks like another JC - @JohnInCarolina
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    thetrim said:
    That dude behind Trump looks like another JC - @JohnInCarolina
    You never did answer my question about what you think of all of this QAnon stuff.  Why is that?
  • thetrim
    I must've missed it.  I was 60-ish comments behind and am finishing up work for the day.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Are Qnon the people rioting everyday in Portland and burning cities all over the country and crapping in the streets all over California?  if so, I am against it.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    edited August 2020
    I will say the highly offensive "don't kill babies" night at the RNC is interesting.

Revised to reflect the libs thoughts.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    thetrim said:
    Are Qnon the people rioting everyday in Portland and burning cities all over the country and crapping in the streets all over California?  if so, I am against it.
    Nice non-answer.
  • thetrim
    thetrim said:
    If that guy had a MAGA hat in the pants, I wonder what some on here would think?
    The guy that got shot?  I don't think any of us would feel any different.  

Good to know. I don't doubt that coming from you.  I'm not so sure about others on here.  Stay safe!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim said:
    Nice non-answer.

Do you support those people rioting everyday in Portland and burning cities all over the country and crapping in the streets all over California? I think Biden refers to them as his base.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina

Bondi was apparently speaking on the evils of... nepotism.  You can’t make this shitt up.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Great job, Nick Sandmann!  That is all.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

LOL
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    Nice non-answer.

Do you support those people rioting everyday in Portland and burning cities all over the country and crapping in the streets all over California? I think Biden refers to them as his base.

What planet are you living on where you think there are people crapping in the streets all over California?  Maybe give the cocaine a rest for the night pal.