Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uhmmm....

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Believe I am guilty for searching out an active thread that if buffaloed would not have been devastating so I posted a total left- field comment.  From there nature is running its course.  
    You just can't predict the ebbs and flows of these things.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - Believe I am guilty for searching out an active thread that if buffaloed would not have been devastating so I posted a total left- field comment.  From there nature is running its course.  
    You just can't predict the ebbs and flows of these things.   B)
    Don't get me wrong, Frank, I find the resulting exchange hilarious.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    On a side note, is it me or is the forum slow at responding today? 
    Perhaps jammed up???  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    On a side note, is it me or is the forum slow at responding today? 
    Perhaps jammed up???  
    I haven’t noticed anything on my end, Frank.  Maybe check the loose but behind the wheel on your end? ;)
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I am so confused, if we’re talking 7” circumference then the diameter of the opening would only be 2.25” so no raccoons. However if your are talking 7” diameter where two raccoons could possibly fit that mean you have a 22” circumference... anyway @lit might be able to shed some light on this subject.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I am so confused, if we’re talking 7” circumference then the diameter of the opening would only be 2.25” so no raccoons. However if your are talking 7” diameter where two raccoons could possibly fit that mean you have a 22” circumference... anyway @lit might be able to shed some light on this subject.
    At minimum, he can tell us what circumference his noggin is.  After he pulls it out of his arse, that is.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You can't seriously expect a guy who falls on the far left side of a circumference bell curve to have any meaningful advice on this.
    Options
    In my 60+ years of life I don't think I've ever had a conversation where the value for the size of a pipe was not always assumed by all parties to be the diameter. Not the radius, not the circumference, just the simple 'ol diameter.
    I've never lived in Ohio tho so perhaps that's why - might be one of those regional variations like coke/soda/pop.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    Diameter for the win.  TWSS!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    In my 60+ years of life I don't think I've ever had a conversation where the value for the size of a pipe was not always assumed by all parties to be the diameter. Not the radius, not the circumference, just the simple 'ol diameter.
    I've never lived in Ohio tho so perhaps that's why - might be one of those regional variations like coke/soda/pop.
    Nope the same thing in road construction though the diameter referred to there is strictly the inside diameter. For round pipe that is, there is an arched pipe for low cover situations. And here I was thinking of not commenting on a doomed thread?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Generally speaking, tubing is measured with OD, pipe with ID.
    Options
    So is this tubing or pipe?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Only the French use circumference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_catheter_scale

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I think you would still have room left for John and Nola
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Your right @HeavyG but consider the source, I was thinking it was a loss in translation. It’s hard to imagine... 7 inches wide whew, that is why I was trying to get a expert in azzhole @lit to chime in, but he cannot seem to proceed without personal attacks.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Your right @HeavyG but consider the source, I was thinking it was a loss in translation. It’s hard to imagine... 7 inches wide whew, that is why I was trying to get a expert in azzhole @lit to chime in, but he cannot seem to proceed without personal attacks.
    I think @caliking is who you want, if you really want this answered.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    At long last. My mission is accomplished. I finally have the forum talking about anus. It’s about time my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    What is with all of the flagging???  Oh wait.....  I see now ;)
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    For some reason I think this discussion is beneath @caliking.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Legume said:
    So is this tubing or pipe?
    Wall thickness for said orifice is so thin that OD/ID are effectively the same, at least for your standard measurement devices.

Due to the ability to flex and deform, circumference would probably make more sense in this instance.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

you are so wrong about that. He's probably out searching for 2 raccoons as we speak.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    I understand having no friends might make one act out.  Hang in there, man!
    Options
    Lit said:
    I understand having no friends might make one act out.  Hang in there, man!
    Im so jealous of all your internet friends
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    edited August 2020
    Options
    margie on my mind so any that not been to roade island they should go.     that itchi is no more with diameter slight impared maybe for little while.    heading west tomorrow for destinations unknown.    i have extras 6 roll saran wrap and 2 cases reddi whip so well prepared.  
    margie be magical never will forget.   id and od diff are no matter here to stay with topic being debated.
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options

you are so wrong about that. He's probably out searching for 2 raccoons as we speak.
    This made me chuckle and deserves more than a like. Well done.
    Stillwater, MN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    From Wisconsin:

they still had those there, ours have been gone for 20 plus years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    caliking said:

1.With breathing exercises and yoga, it can stretch more than 7”. 

2. “Damage” is relatively subjective

3. More than 2 raccoons could easily fit, if they went in one at a time 

4. always clear your browser history after spending time on the forum...
    Be careful out there!

That has to be an average. I'm sure there are people that could have two raccoons upright on bicycles, but we all know someone who'd have a hard time getting one to just peek in. And that's WITH lube.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Kayak said:
    caliking said:

1.With breathing exercises and yoga, it can stretch more than 7”. 

2. “Damage” is relatively subjective

3. More than 2 raccoons could easily fit, if they went in one at a time 

4. always clear your browser history after spending time on the forum...
    Be careful out there!

That has to be an average. I'm sure there are people that could have two raccoons upright on bicycles, but we all know someone who'd have a hard time getting one to just peek in. And that's WITH lube.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD