Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    I shop all my insurance every couple years.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:
    TN_Egger said:
    thetrim said:
    Just cancelled USAA after 27 years of coverage and am now on Team Flo. 

Almost half the price.

Four cars and four drivers (two teens) aren't cheap.
    What prompted the change? Other than price! I been a satisfied usaa customer for about 30 years. Just me and the wife now - all 3 kids went USAA as well. 

The price difference was significant enough that I would be doing my family a severe disservice by not looking elsewhere. 

My 16 y/o daughter got her license yesterday (that could be a thread all it's own).  Four cars, four drivers (two teens) are not in USAA's wheelhouse.  Our 6 month premium was going to raise to right around $5,800.  Our four extravagant cars ('06 Corolla Sport edition; '14 Beetle convertible, '15 Jetta base model, '19 Highlander base model) don't warrant that.  We have one ticket between all of us almost 5 years ago (Thank you Sulfur, LA police department).  Both my kids have taken a driver safety course and qualify for the good student discount.  I wanted to look only at GEICO and Team FLO, so I knew I'd be getting another top tier company and wouldn't be f'd if I needed to file claim.

Team FLO came in just over $3k/ 6 months.  Sorry USAA, it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been twice the price fun..  I am kicking myself I didn't make the change a couple years ago.  I could've bought a lot of SRF briskets w that money.
    Or used it to trade that extravagant Corolla in for a more sensible option,  like a Dodge Viper. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    painting with chili powder solution to deter squirrels, seems to be working well

canuckland
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    first corn of the year, three dozen over the weekend

Had some last night with our BLT’s 

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Fried Baloney sandwich and a smoked cheddar brat with grilled onions and chopped dill pickle for lunch.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    thetrim said:
    TN_Egger said:
    thetrim said:
    Just cancelled USAA after 27 years of coverage and am now on Team Flo. 

Almost half the price.

Four cars and four drivers (two teens) aren't cheap.
    What prompted the change? Other than price! I been a satisfied usaa customer for about 30 years. Just me and the wife now - all 3 kids went USAA as well. 

The price difference was significant enough that I would be doing my family a severe disservice by not looking elsewhere. 

My 16 y/o daughter got her license yesterday (that could be a thread all it's own).  Four cars, four drivers (two teens) are not in USAA's wheelhouse.  Our 6 month premium was going to raise to right around $5,800.  Our four extravagant cars ('06 Corolla Sport edition; '14 Beetle convertible, '15 Jetta base model, '19 Highlander base model) don't warrant that.  We have one ticket between all of us almost 5 years ago (Thank you Sulfur, LA police department).  Both my kids have taken a driver safety course and qualify for the good student discount.  I wanted to look only at GEICO and Team FLO, so I knew I'd be getting another top tier company and wouldn't be f'd if I needed to file claim.

Team FLO came in just over $3k/ 6 months.  Sorry USAA, it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been twice the price fun..  I am kicking myself I didn't make the change a couple years ago.  I could've bought a lot of SRF briskets w that money.
    Car insurance isn’t my dominant concern in hurricane country. The combined cost of auto and home insurance as well as a record of actually paying claim are the controlling factors. 18 years ago I gave the three major companies in my region an opportunity to submit a combined bid for auto and home insurance. After Katrina insurance companies handled it thus. If you had no claim and had auto and home insurance with them they raised your rates but you got to keep wind and hail insurance with them. If you had only home insurance with them they canceled your wind and hail and put you on the State Wind Pool($$$$$$). If you had a claim they usually eventually paid it and put you on the state wind pool. So it is the combined cost that is the controlling factor for me.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

One of my biggest regrets in life is not having an egg when we lived in Lincoln, NE.  Fresh corn bought out the back of a pick'em up truck was the best I've ever had in my life.  It would've been 10x better after some time on the egg.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Well, I've disconnected my new Android TV box and thrown it in the trash.  Got it connected to my wifi just fine, got the screen on my TV, could call up movies and TV shows, set up my Amazoid Prime.  There was a block at the top that had a message in it, the message went away but the block didn't.  I unplugged it, plugged it back in, was still there.  Then it locked up, no button on the remote would work, nor did the Wechip alternate remote I had purchased (it worked at first).  I unplugged it again, for the rest of the night.  
    Same thing this morning, neither remote would work, couldn't even turn the unit off.  Between this, and that #%&*%! pressure washer, I'm ready to look into the Amana colonies again.  Ph*kket!  :anguished:    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    edited July 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:

One of my biggest regrets in life is not having an egg when we lived in Lincoln, NE.  Fresh corn bought out the back of a pick'em up truck was the best I've ever had in my life.  It would've been 10x better after some time on the egg.
    I am in the Lincoln, NE area, buying sweet corn from the back of a PUT is still a thing.   What time frame did you live there?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    thetrim said:

I am in the Lincoln, NE area, buying sweet corn from the back of a PUT is still a thing.   What time frame did you live there?

Aug 2000 - April 2005. 

We lived a few blocks south of East Campus in a sweet little two story house built in 1920.  We loved it, and I think my oldest will be moving back for UNL next August.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Falafel,Hummus and Tabouleh 

Damn, what can you  not cook!?
    canuckland
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options

He’s a wizard with formidable talents. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    Vac sealed with lazyman's Teriyaki sauce from the bottle for couple of hours

As a guy who just pulled out all the tendons from them legs, with a long-nose plier, one at a time, you have no right to the "Lazyman" title.  Sorry.  :tongue: 
    Haha, I was running on fume after all that pulling  :)
    canuckland
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

Chicken legs without tendons!  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    My wife, son, and daughter all have birthdays within a 3 week period at the end of July and early August. I like to call it the midsummer of money suckage (MOMS) or the perfect storm. Finally after years of debating I convinced them all to share a joint birthday party. This year for obvious reasons it will be just close family and a couple friends all perfectly socially distanced outside in the backyard. So I made some cornhole boards and an adult size Jenga game. For the kids we are getting a giant inflatable water slide. We will still celebrate with just us on each of their actual birthdays but I ain’t throwin 3 d@mn parties anymore. Oh ya, egged goodies will include a pork shoulder, jalapeño and garlic sausage, and pork ribs ala @YukonRon.

Love some Jenga. At the coast last week there there was an alcohol induced mano e mano game where looser shaved something. Son in law lost half a mustache.  
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,769
    Options
    thetrim said:

old farm stand here but this year they pull the wooden farm wagon full of corn under a canopy to limit customers in the stand area. love first corn
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Struggling to do some work for the US government.  Suffice to say the pandemic has created all kinds of issues with tech support.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Nobody ever said that playing with Big Boy toys was supposed to be easy  B)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Botch said:
    Well, I've disconnected my new Android TV box and thrown it in the trash.  Got it connected to my wifi just fine, got the screen on my TV, could call up movies and TV shows, set up my Amazoid Prime.  There was a block at the top that had a message in it, the message went away but the block didn't.  I unplugged it, plugged it back in, was still there.  Then it locked up, no button on the remote would work, nor did the Wechip alternate remote I had purchased (it worked at first).  I unplugged it again, for the rest of the night.  
    Same thing this morning, neither remote would work, couldn't even turn the unit off.  Between this, and that #%&*%! pressure washer, I'm ready to look into the Amana colonies again.  Ph*kket!  :anguished:    

Lol. You know, when you originally posted the link to it I thought "Hell no,  that thing looks sketchy AF".  So that leads me to ask - why didn't you just get an industry standard Roku or Firestick, where you know it's going to work great?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave